FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Trialist Match

Libero

For the second year running this summer, the club will told a trial match for 22 players, who are eager to show they are good enough to win a contract at the Tulloch Caledonian Stadium.

Organised by coach Steve Marsella, ICT will hope it can lead to at least one signing.

Midfielder Andrew Shinnie sealed his move to Caley Thistle by featuring in last year's trial game, as did Irish international starlet, Conor Pepper, who is just 17.

It would appear the Terry is wanting to run the rule over potential signings this summer with a trial match, like he did last year.

Good idea IMO and an idea which more and more clubs seem to be using

Hopefully it can unearth a few potential gems like last year, the game was where Andrew Shinnie was spotted and where Connor Pepper, who is joining us this summer, were both spotted

Article: http://www.highland-news.co.uk/Sport/Football/Inverness-Caley-Thistle/Miller-blow-has-clubs-on-edge-7881645.htm

Yes - this is an excellent innovation. What a pity that it could not be accomplished in a Britains Got Talent manner - where we could have a panel of emminent judges (like ma good self) who can push the red X to put somebody out of their misery and the remaining trialists go to a public vote.

• Agree 3

Can i ask who this Conor Pepper is? Irish internationalist starlet it says on that news article?

from what i know hes currently playing for the st pats athletic u19's and reserves i believe and we signed him on a pre contract.

from what ive read, match reports and so on hes got alot of ability and has had some good reviews.

Simon Cowell has just announced that he will head up the panel accompanied by three emminent footballing gurus:

45832_429592399628_620339628_4627572_4154439_n.jpg

And just like the BGT panel, one is a very camp comedian, one is a reknowned dancer and one used to sh*g Les Dennis.

• 7 months later...

Sorry for bringing up an old topic, but strangely I've just found a kind of highlights reel from that trialist match!

The video was put up this guy Brandon Finlay, who seems to be some Canadian players with an awful taste in music!

I'm not sure if this is from a different year, but I believe this was the game that involved Andrew Shinnie, Tade and Conor Pepper.  

Edit - At the start as well, the number 9 with his back to the camera looks to me like Jason Oswell.  

Edited by Renegade