FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Richie Foran

I said to wee Davy 10 min before, that Foran needs to calm down, or the ref will get fed up with him. But, the fans that were there, seen the crap decisions that were going against us. Foran stood up for our players, arguing the point with the ref at every strange, and wrong decision. Along with few bad tackle against Foran that went unpunished, it was no suprise to see him carded. The tackle, IMO was a Yellow. But with Foran doing the Captains job of speaking up for his players, the ref used it as an opportunity to get rid of him. maybe he should have shown more restraint. But every fan in the stand, was also raging at the decisions Madden was making.

• Agree 1

I have to agree with most of what has been said, Foran should lead and set an example not spent most of his energy chasing the ref giving him verbals he sets himself up to get sent off. We should see how we get on without him in the next few games I am sure given his record they will come down hard on him. It could be we could invest his, wages in another player come the transfer window.

We are supposed to stretched for cash we will now have probably our highest paid player baby sitting for the next few Saturdays. His display has probably convinced me not to invest in a season ticket, simply pay at the gate.

The other thing 3 games 2 red cards We used to be a team that would only get two red cards in a season.

Are you seriously saying that a player being ordered off in a game in circumstances that happen every week in every league is going to make you not buy a season ticket?

With all due respect, your logic seems a bit odd. The ref sent him off for serious foul play - that tackle. Nothing else comes into it or is allowed to come into it. BTW, we've had more than two red cards a season every year in the SPL since 07-08. Not excusing Foran here, he didn't need to make that challenge, but a bit of perspective would be good.

• Agree 1

Didn't say I wouldn't attend but not sure of a seasons investment. Again I would argue 2 in the first 3 games does nothing to help our cause. I can only hope the manager gets to grip with the situation. I cannot knock the effort and dedication of the 10 men each one a hero to the cause.

Why all the moans about red cards all of a sudden. We are not the only team to have had them this season and the majority I have seen have been very soft indeed, another ref may not have sent some of these players off. As for us, OTJs was a simple rush of blood to the head, out of character in the games i have seen him play but this sometimes happened and he deserved to be sent off. As for Foran's tackle, debateable if it was a sending off but quite simply, he mistimed a tackle in my opinion and did not deliberately seek to injure an opponent. Sometimes you will get a yellow, sometimes a red but the abuse OTJ and Foran have been getting from some posters is way over the top.

To be honest (homest) my "digs" initially were predominantly of a jovial nature with a wee "warning" of feckin calm it down in there as well. It may be early doors but we will end up getting ourselves a repuatation with the officialdom. It does appear that the bottom line is that both cards were simply avoidable. I also suspect Butcher will have it high on his agenda to sort out. The problem with Foran is that he can be a bit of an agressive, in your face, surly proposition to a ref. He is well entitled to question decisions as a captain but that can depend on how you do it and what type of relationship that you have with the officials.

But if I was more local and judging by what I have witnessed so far this season one of the very few reasons that I would have for giving up a season ticket or not going to a game would be the loss of Foran. We really need his watered down influence this season. He is also our captain whether you like it or not.

• Agree 1

I think Ritchie does a superb job putting mild pressure on refs. Remember most of them are Central Belt or Aberdonian clowns who are obviously slightly in awe of certain clubs. Ritchie rarely gets sent off for dissent and if I was in the trenches then I would want him on my side.

He was tremendous in midfield last year and the way he represents the club off the park is first class. I hope he eventually manages the club as I love his passion for ICT and the area.

Edited by Iwasthere

If you take the oomph out of Foran ya lose the player

here feck u ya bell.

we all entitled too our opinions on here but for some feckin reason yours is more valid than most ya coont i would love to meet u and slap u silly.

foran is crap simple!!

i would love him too lose his oomph in that case and he can get lost!!!!

Feck aff gudgie

Especially in such a tight league.

Btw why's no one questioned esson? He's been the worst he's ever been so far. Cost us the win at st mirren. Could he of done better against killie for their goal too? I'm not sure but possibly. Flapped abit at hearts, and was awful today.

It's a two way thing the defense has to protect the keeper and the keeper has to give the defense confidence. So far that's been the most worrying issue for me. Not foran, not raven, not butcher but Esson. It's not a "I want him dropped" it's a. "I want him to play aswell as I know he can"

Agree we haven't seen the best of Esson this season, but if we didn't lose any of the first 3 matches and the keeper was well below his best then I'd say there wasn't too much to worry about.

Very true. I'm just confused as to why our captain who's put 1 foot out of line in 1 game this season, who was brilliant in pre season is being slaughtered instantly and esson is just getting a "esson made a mistake but well move on" sort of attitude. Seems abit unfair.

It's not esson I'm picking at here he's just been unfortunate enough to be the one i used as an example.

And I hope that with reguero back fighting fit esson will be looking over his shoulder and will push on like he did when tuffey was pushing him.

and was awful today.

He wasn't awful. None of the goals were his fault and it was more of a case of the players in-front of him not being good enough rather than him not instilling confidence in them from what I could see, with Raven and King looking particularly poor, as well as Graeme Shinnie not playing to his normal standard (Warren was okay).

and was awful today.

He wasn't awful. None of the goals were his fault and it was more of a case of the players in-front of him not being good enough rather than him not instilling confidence in them from what I could see, with Raven and King looking particularly poor, as well as Graeme Shinnie not playing to his normal standard (Warren was okay).

I've mentioned that it's a two way thing above. And it's not all on esson, the point I'm making is when is foran get flack for one mistake and esson getting next too none for several this season.

I wasn't there but I seen the extended highlights and there were a few instinces where he should of done better. When he came to get the ball from what, didn't get it tried again missed it again, and watt got shot away an almost scored. That's the one the sticks out for me.

I wasn't there but I seen the extended highlights and there were a few instinces where he should of done better. When he came to get the ball from what, didn't get it tried again missed it again, and watt got shot away an almost scored. That's the one the sticks out for me.

Well that might be one, but he was not at fault for any of the goals and had it not been for him, it could well have been six or seven. To say he was "awful" is incorrect.

Well that might be one, but he was not at fault for any of the goals and had it not been for him, it could well have been six or seven. To say he was "awful" is incorrect.

awful by his standards

What do you mean by that? Are you saying that I, the Renegade am going out of my way to disagree with you? You stated, despite not being at the game, that Esson was "awful" and changed the goalposts if you will, when I showed you that this was not the case. Please take your negativity elsewhere!

• Agree 1

What do you mean by that? Are you saying that I, the Renegade am going out of my way to disagree with you? You stated, despite not being at the game, that Esson was "awful" and changed the goalposts if you will, when I showed you that this was not the case. Please take your negativity elsewhere!

The boy always has to have a sly dig Rene , I wouldn't worry about it .