FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Brechin v TheRangers.

Alex MacLeod

It's such a shame that a channel created to promote the Gaelic language has been full of sectarian songs for the last 90 minutes. I guess this will be the same when they show the other The Rangers games this season. Not what I expect to hear when I tune in to Alba.

Goijan looked bloody awful at RB. No wonder him and Broadfoot swapped position. Mind you, terrific team Rangers* have got. Easily top 6, if not top 2 SPL. I never thought they'd be able to put out a team like that in SFL 3 (I know it's a cup at the moment).

*and, yep, I do mean Rangers. Look at the name of this website. No such club as Caley Thistle for those of you who insist on TheRangers or Sevco. The company manages the club. But the company isn't the club. Don't know about you but I don't support a company. It matters not to me who owns ICT - football's a lot more primal than a series of board meetings.

A crowd of 4,070 - good for Brechin and a bit of TV money as well. Rangers look disjointed and are far from the oldco team but early days for them I suppose. It will make for some interesting games this season in the league and cups. I think this whole thing could provide a bigger boost for the lower leagues of Scottish football than everybody thinks and maybe overall the general interest in Scottish football.

Edited by Tichy_Blacks_Back
  • Agree 1

Goijan looked bloody awful at RB. No wonder him and Broadfoot swapped position. Mind you, terrific team Rangers* have got. Easily top 6, if not top 2 SPL. I never thought they'd be able to put out a team like that in SFL 3 (I know it's a cup at the moment).

*and, yep, I do mean Rangers. Look at the name of this website. No such club as Caley Thistle for those of you who insist on TheRangers or Sevco. The company manages the club. But the company isn't the club. Don't know about you but I don't support a company. It matters not to me who owns ICT - football's a lot more primal than a series of board meetings.

The Rangers is what they have chosen to call themselves as their official name. That is the one at the bottom of SFL3. Nobody forced them to do that. So why whine at those who call them their stated and self chosen name? And, to be fair, until they actually acquire a permanent SFL licence, and become an official SFL Football Club......they can call themselves anything they like......as we can all call them anything we like.

• Agree 1

2-1 to the The Rangers / Sevco 5088 after extra time. Brechin City are a very organised team actually. The Rangers played trialists for the game that had already signed (can 'trialist' really be the right name then? :ponder: ). A full house will be good for Brechins bank accounts, despit having to listen to all that vile chanting.

Doesn't sound as if the Rangers sectarian mindset has changed. Doesn't augur well for Scottish Football in the future, any more than it has in the past.

Very well done to Brechin......a team paid sweeties gave a team paid silly money a darn good game, not pretty maybe..but it certainly wasn't the walk-over I'm sure The Rangers supporters expected, given the "when we lift the Ramsden Cup" chants early doors. :ponder:

A full house will be good for Brechins bank accounts

Does Brechin get the full whack of money or does it get split between them, newco and the cup sponsor

There will be some sort of distribution. Not sure what the rules are for the Ramsdens Cup but even still, it will be a good amount for Brechin.

A full house will be good for Brechins bank accounts

Does Brechin get the full whack of money or does it get split between them, newco and the cup sponsor

There will be some sort of distribution. Not sure what the rules are for the Ramsdens Cup but even still, it will be a good amount for Brechin.

All the teams in the 3rd Division will get a good amount with the big traveling support the newco have

Does anyone else object to being called a bigot by Charles Green when "The Rangers" fans spent most of the game spouting bile? It was perfectly summed up when the camera cut to a rough looking girl in the Rangers end making an obscene hand justure. If I were Brechin I would give the away section a good hosing after that game.

Edited by Proctor

NO detriment intended to Brechin but if that is the standard of football that is going to be shown on Sky tv then it wont be long before they take it off or the SFA will demand it's demise before Scotland's rateings drop beyond the depths of Hell.

I have watched better football played in the late 50's early 60's in the welfare league!

The Rangers however have just about found their true level. If Brechin hadn't shown them so much respect they could have hammered them.

What a load of rotten cabbage or call it what you will.

Dunno Bughtmaster. I thought it was quite an enjoyable game. I've seen worse in the SPL.

I was actually quite impressed with Brechin today. They seemed to be able to mount reasonable attacks. I think what we need to remember is that most teams in Scotland do not have big squads anymore as a result you get some decent players down the leagues. Quite a few of Brechin's team had SPL experiance I believe.

Edited by Proctor
  • Agree 1

I thought it was up to the standard of many SPL matches. Anyone remember Aberdeen last season? Phew! No worse than that. It was really interesting to see Garry Brady again. He was tremendous with Saint Mirren a few seasons ago.

(and I was just joking about Brechin 'City')

Does anyone else object to being called a bigot by Charles Green when "The Rangers" fans spent most of the game spouting bile? It was perfectly summed up when the camera cut to a rough looking girl in the Rangers end making an obscene hand justure. If I were Brechin I would give the away section a good hosing after that game.

Wondered where the cops were, given the very definite sectarian singing. Thought that was illegal now? Were there many arrests? That's where I have a big problem with oldco-Rangers supporters, whichever team they are supporting atm..the level of complete irrationality, bile and just downright arrogance they employ.

They are, by far and away the nastiest and least intelligent supporters (en masse) in Scottish Football today, and have been for years, a complete embarrassment to decent Fitba supporters.

Edited by Oddquine

In fairness to Mr Green I don't think you can blame him or the manager for the chants.

The Rangers should be careful they may get another 10 point penalty if the chants continue.

Wondered where the cops were, given the very definite sectarian singing. Thought that was illegal now? Were there many arrests? That's where I have a big problem with oldco-Rangers supporters, whichever team they are supporting atm..the level of complete irrationality, bile and just downright arrogance they employ.

They are, by far and away the nastiest and least intelligent supporters (en masse) in Scottish Football today, and have been for years, a complete embarrassment to decent Fitba supporters.

To be fair, I think they are just about equal with the other half of bile. Been spat on, peed on, had pies thrown at us, and even had a wee kid sh1t amongst us at Parkhead with the best fans in the world shouting Touch him an yer deed, while they sing their bile. Only had coke thrown at us at Ibrokx, and the singing ofcourse. Just a higher proportion of dreggs of society follow both of them, and the more of them they have the lower the tone goes.

Brechin did well, Rangers did poor for the team fielded, but if they had a real striker the game would have been finished at half time, although they will likely get one within the month!!!!!

Think Greens comments are guided towards the sanctions against them as newco, on behalf of oldco. It does seem like a witch hunt now. Players still won and lost titles during this time in question, their wages didnt change how they won and lost, most clubs pay bonuses dont they, us included.

When it comes to gate money, think cup games are always split ( hence why county usually lose 1200 fans compared to league games ) with clubs keeping the home league gates. TV monies would be split between the two teams in a cup game, whereas in the sfl televised games income will go to the SPL, so they feed it between the clubs in the top league, and just drip small amounts down to the sfl clubs, or so they want.

Edited by bauhaus
  • Agree 1