FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Who picks MOTM?

davieB

And do they just pick a name out of a hat?? It always seems such a random choice and very rarely do I agree with it. I presume it's the match sponsers?

Dennis WAS very good tonight, as was everyone, but both Bayne and Hastings(my POY so far) were immense.

When Morven was at the club I rasied the suggestion of setting up a system where the fans could text the players shirt number in during the last 10-15 minutes of the game in order to have a fans MotM but nothing was ever done with it.

Not only does it introduce an element of fan participation but it would raise a bit of cash into the bargain.

They could even do a prize draw for all people entering for a signed ball or something to encourage entries.

There were several players who could have easily been MOTM tonight. Still on a night like tonight who cares who got it or awards it.  :015:

Lets all laugh at Rangers, Lets all laugh at Rangers, Lets all laugh at Rangers,

:015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015: :015:

SEBO!! SEBO!! SEBO!!

Guest Get_off_the_park_Wyness!

McGregor wasn't that good. He's one of these drama queen keepers who does unnecessary spectacular dives to make every save look better.

Hastings would have been my pick tonight.

McGregor wasn't that good. He's one of these drama queen keepers who does unnecessary spectacular dives to make every save look better.

Hastings would have been my pick tonight.

Fae meh view on the TV, McGregor woud have got it and eh dinnae give anything to OF players!!! after the first half hour ICT were the only team wanting to win it ...well done guys ...soooooooooperb

Although Bayne won everything , the midfield worked their socks off and Rankin hit a sublime winner, I wouldn't argue too hard against Denzil getting MoTM, in my opinion, humble or not,  he was the catalyst through which we flowed tonight, feeding off GB's knock downs, sometimes speeding up the play , moreso slowing it down but he was carrying the ball past players which was central in our attacking play...surely he has to have earned a starting slot now?

When Morven was at the club I rasied the suggestion of setting up a system where the fans could text the players shirt number in during the last 10-15 minutes of the game in order to have a fans MotM but nothing was ever done with it.

Not only does it introduce an element of fan participation but it would raise a bit of cash into the bargain.

They could even do a prize draw for all people entering for a signed ball or something to encourage entries.

Don this would never raise the same amount of money that the Man of the Match sponsorship takes in...believe me.

Trouble is although this sponsorship takes in lots of dosh, i have witnessed guests with not a great deal of footie knowledge choosing a player who did not really deserve the title.

Watchng it on Setanta I agree 100% with Rankin being the TV choice. I thought he was brilliant last night. He got into so many spaces and made McGregor work for his sheckles.

I even phoned in John as my choice but I didnt see them announce the comp winner.

Yeah... You won it Alex... Prize is a two week holiday in Paphos......!!  :021:

Wyness fully deserved it for me. His first touch was wonderful and his link up play was outstanding. Well worth it!

Fully agree. I think Wyness is often very much under-appreciated. His link-up play and vision are a delight.

Just wait till 4.45 on Saturday. The Doodah Band will play those negative vibes again.

Misunderstood.

I am rarely negative when it comes to ICT.

The one topic I have been negative on is the appointment of 10CC as Manager - and that is because I remain doubtful that his appointment is the best one for the club that I love.

I am realistic enough to know that the club will stick with him, whatever, and so I am prepared to live in hope that he will learn his job quickly.

I am never negative when it comes to Denzil.

(Also misundertood over the Doo Dah Band connection.

Click on my link to see that I am more a lover of the original Bonzo.)

The Man of the Match sponsor has to chose the player relatively early in the second half and this often leads to the best player in the first half being picked. This somestimes skews the choice.

Given some of the home games this season you can imagine that chosing somebody would be hard :001:

It is often the case that a guest with no knowledge on football has the final choice. I recall about 7 years ago being asked prior to a game by a guest at the MoM table who I thought ICTs best player was. Suffice to say that he was MoM the next day dispite player a 'mare' :014:

I have no issues with Wyness being MoM as his all round play was immense. Hastings and Rankin both had strong shouts.