FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Scottish Fans Supporter Roadshows

Yngwie

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere but I noticed on the SPL site that a football supporters forum/Q&A thingy is visiting Inverness (TCS) in a couple of weeks. There's no mention of any "celebrities" attending the Inverness one, but I don't know if that just means they haven't got anyone confirmed yet. Even though it's free, I'd have thought they would need somebody of interest to make it appealing to your average punter.

http://www.scotprem....s2&newsid=11800

"Supporter Roadshows

Scottish Fans are delighted to announce a series of roadshows around the country, offering football fans the chance to have their say on the future of the game.

They are visiting nine venues across Scotland with great speakers (including Alex Smith, Jimmy Calderwood, Jocky Scott, Gary Mackay and many more) talking about a range of issues affecting the game. Fans are encouraged to give their views in a Question Time style format, knowing that their views will be collated and used to influence change within the game.

Admission to all events is free but please pre-register your place by e-mailing them at roadshows@supporters-direct.org with your name and event you're attending.

Anyone who preregisters will be entered into a prize draw for £100 worth of vouchers to a sports store (of our choice).

The dates are as follow (click the link to find out more and confirm you're coming):

+ October 28th – Corn Exchange, Edinburgh (with Pat Stanton and Gary Mackay) - 6.30pm

+ November 4th – East End Park, Dunfermline (with Jimmy Calderwood and Jimmy Nicholl) - 6.30pm

+ November 6th – Dens Park, Dundee - 6.30pm

+ November 11th – Venue TBC, Aberdeen (with Jocky Scott and Jimmy Calderwood) - 2.30pm

+ November 12th – Tulloch Caledonian Stadium, Inverness - 6.30pm

+ November 18th – Rugby Park, Kilmarnock - 2pm (with Dave McKinnon)

+ November 19th – Palmerston Park, Dumfries - 6.30pm (with Des McKeown)

+ November 20th – Falkirk (TBC)

+ November 26th – The Arches, Glasgow - 6pm (with Tom Boyd and Pat Nevin)"

Edited by Yngwie

I previously read that this was to do with raising the profile of the game, which is good news,it now seems to be moving towards getting the opinion of the minority who want to drive to TCS on a Monday night at Dinner time, instead of making an appearance at 9 venues in Scotland and disappearing into the darkness till next year.

How about make a week of it up here and have a talk at each of our Secondary schools and get the opinions of the youth involved too.

I know some youngsters have inferiority complexes and dont think their voice counts but they are and will be the future.

I previously read that this was to do with raising the profile of the game, which is good news,it now seems to be moving towards getting the opinion of the minority who want to drive to TCS on a Monday night at Dinner time, instead of making an appearance at 9 venues in Scotland and disappearing into the darkness till next year.

How about make a week of it up here and have a talk at each of our Secondary schools and get the opinions of the youth involved too.

I know some youngsters have inferiority complexes and dont think their voice counts but they are and will be the future.

Absolutely....and so glad I'm not the only person who thinks this.