FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Billy Big Times

Kirishima

There's nothing worse than seeing players with ability who just simply can't be bothered.  This was certainly the case with Roberts.  Certainly some nice touches and raw talent, but he simply wasn't interested in the slightest.  I still remember him coming on against St Johnstone at Perth at the end of 2012, where he literally put in the least amount of effort I have ever seen from the professional footballer, and I include the likes of Barrowman, Claude Gnapka and others in that.  He hardly broke walking pace!

Despite what Scotty says, Roberts was down as playing in an U20 game against Hearts on March 21st, so he was still here at that time.  Not been heard of since though, and I wonder if his failure to appear at the aforementioned social event and Butcher fining him for it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

Despite what Scotty says, Roberts was down as playing in an U20 game against Hearts on March 21st, so he was still here at that time.  Not been heard of since though, and I wonder if his failure to appear at the aforementioned social event and Butcher fining him for it was the straw that broke the camel's back.

I didnt say he was gone ... I said he had never made it into the 1st team squad since February.

If I were to adjust my theory, I would still say something happened (discussion/argument about playing time) in February, as he had been in the starting lineup or at the very least a sub for most games before then, but you may very well be correct in saying the later incidents were indeed the last straw .....  definitely more like Bajram Fetai than Roman Golobart in terms of loanees it would seem 

It must be a mental thing with players who are quite obviously running out their contract, Don Cowie was an obvious one for me, last season here was gash, Shinnie looks the same.<br />