FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Levein favourite for Scotland job !

Stevie

Guest Arab4Ever

No it doesnt make me sick at all. My team after all has won 4 major trophies and got to the semi final of the european cup and the finals of the uefa cup.

And as for being 4 points ahead its no big deal really, you are coming up to play celtic and hearts while we have dunfermline and st mirren. football changes quickly as i am sure you know

Have you not got homework to finish?

a) United have won ZERO since ICT were formed so ICT have actually won more  :015: :015: :015: :015:

b) Utd were lucky to have a class manager in the 80s (before you were born if I'm not mistaken). So I've seen more classy Utd players than you ever will. United are a diddy team just like ICT, get over it or support the Old Filth.

c) ICT have only had 2 1/2 years in the top league so give it time. Winning the Scottish Cup as a div 3 side is a big ask even for a miracle like ICT even though we reached the quarters in 1996.

d) It's pretty obvious you've never seen Utd lift anything apart from tatties at the allotments behind the East Stand.

e) Support your local team!

f) Get a feckin life!

g) Get that homework done!

Guest Arab4Ever

Have you not got homework to finish?

a) United have won ZERO since ICT were formed so ICT have actually won more  :015: :015: :015: :015:

b) Utd were lucky to have a class manager in the 80s (before you were born if I'm not mistaken). So I've seen more classy Utd players than you ever will. United are a diddy team just like ICT, get over it or support the Old Filth.

c) ICT have only had 2 1/2 years in the top league so give it time. Winning the Scottish Cup as a div 3 side is a big ask even for a miracle like ICT even though we reached the quarters in 1996.

d) It's pretty obvious you've never seen Utd lift anything apart from tatties at the allotments behind the East Stand.

e) Support your local team!

f) Get a feckin life!

g) Get that homework done!

a) We won the Scottish Cup the year you were formed. We also won the first Division in 1996 although thats not exactly something to be proud of.

b) We were not lucky to have a class manager. He started of quite poorly but the board stuck by him and he eventually came good.

c) Ok I will give it time. I doubt ICT (or probably United) will ever lift a major trophy (again) but we will just have to wait and see.

d) I have seen United lift the Discovery Cup... does that count? :011:

e) I support my home team, thats good enough. Makes a change from most people in the Highlands. Anyway do you support your local team? Unless your a Hibbee or a Jambo I guess not...

f) Whatever you say there chief

g) Wtf?

Guest Arab4Ever

Dundee United have one record we cannot ever expect to beat. They have appointed managers left right and centre and their compensation payments to players could have built us a new stand or two for us. Why do they keep making helfty compensation payments to players and managers?

You say one record but then you write down two. Anyway the first one is rubbish, Dundee Hibernian/United have had 31 Managers over 98 years making which makes an average of 1 manager appointed every 3 years and 2 months. ICT have had 5 managers over 13 years which makes an average of 1 manager appointed every 2 years and 6 months. This means ICT appoint managers more often than Utd do.

I think Utd players getting hefty compensation payments is now a thing of the past. Two players have been told this month they may leave this window or be fringe players until their contracts run out at the end of this season.

a) We won the Scottish Cup the year you were formed.

Exactly, in May 1994 (I remember it well), but the miracle wasn't born till August. Otherwise, good answer- if you keep doing the homework you'll go far :015: :015: :015:

If you're a native Dundonian guid luck to you. By the surprising gaps in your recent knowledge I was coming to the conclusion you were a young Sneckite who had jumped on the Utd bandwagon.

Luck plays a part in the cups so a Scottish Cup or League Cup is always possible for either ICT or DUFC (see Hibs, Livi, Gretna, Hearts etc). But I doubt even Jim McLean could win Utd a championship these days. The glory days of Aberdeen, Utd, Killie etc are only a blip when you look at the history, but their fans haven't realised it yet...

ICT have had 5 managers over 13 years which makes an average of 1 manager appointed every 2 years and 6 months. This means ICT appoint managers more often than Utd do.

You're missing the point here. ICT have lost managers to bigger clubs, not sacked them.

Guest Arab4Ever

If you're a native Dundonian guid luck to you. By the surprising gaps in your recent knowledge I was coming to the conclusion you were a young Sneckite who had jumped on the Utd bandwagon.

Luck plays a part in the cups so a Scottish Cup or League Cup is always possible for either ICT or DUFC (see Hibs, Livi, Gretna, Hearts etc). But I doubt even Jim McLean could win Utd a championship these days. The glory days of Aberdeen, Utd, Killie etc are only a blip when you look at the history, but their fans haven't realised it yet...

What gaps in my recent knowledge do you refer to?

Regards the cup, I guess your right. Both Utd and ICT have only 4 more games to win to win the Scottish Cup. On our days both teams can beat any team in Scotland (Celtic excluded probably) so its not impossible. Two lower league teams still in and Rangers, Killie and Aberdeen out. Could be exciting for one of us in the next round (cue - Celtic away :006:)