FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The new manager thread

Yngwie

Guest Mahonio

Got told by one of my regulars at Thurso Golf Club that Gary McAllister was seen with Alan Savage and Graeme Bennett at Castle Stuart yhid week so he reckons Gaz may be new gaffer.

Not sure what to think myself, nor is the bloke ad he said that he could be wrong but he got £5 on Gary.

Got told by one of my regulars at Thurso Golf Club that Gary McAllister was seen with Alan Savage and Graeme Bennett at Castle Stuart yhid week so he reckons Gaz may be new gaffer.

Not sure what to think myself, nor is the bloke ad he said that he could be wrong but he got £5 on Gary.

That's quite an astonishing revelation, Mahonio. I really hadn't thought about that. Thurso has a golf club!

• Agree 2

Guest Mahonio

Got told by one of my regulars at Thurso Golf Club that Gary McAllister was seen with Alan Savage and Graeme Bennett at Castle Stuart this week so he reckons Gaz may be new gaffer.

That's quite an astonishing revelation, Mahonio. I really hadn't thought about that. Thurso has a golf club!

Yep, you learn something new every day eh ;-).

It's a hard job trying to keep a small club out of their depth in the EPL. But Blackpool were immense for half a season under him with little investment. They just fell away. He managed to turn Charlie Adam into a £9m player somehow.

I think he'd be able to find gems and cope in the SP(F)L quite comfortably.

But i don't think he'd come, given that he quit Crystal Palace as he felt burnt out.

It's a hard job trying to keep a small club out of their depth in the EPL. But Blackpool were immense for half a season under him with little investment. They just fell away. He managed to turn Charlie Adam into a £9m player somehow.

I think he'd be able to find gems and cope in the SP(F)L quite comfortably.

But i don't think he'd come, given that he quit Crystal Palace as he felt burnt out.

There's a much more fundamental reason why he wouldn't come.

Manager: Paul Hartley

Assistant Manager: Maurice Malpas

First Team Coach/Chief Scout: Steve Marsella

Goalkeeping Coach: Ryan Esson

U20 Manager: Duncan Shearer

Dream Team!

Edited by ICTRoughi

I would far rather go for someone who is young and learning their trade, like Paul Hartley, than managers like Calderwood or Levein, who come with baggage! A young keen manager would respect our prudent frugal policy, whereas a more experienced manager may try and push the financial boundaries in line with previous jobs they may have held. I trust in our board to get the right man, and an sure they will not let us down.