FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The world cup!

Ayeseetee

So England are out.  No more than they deserved.  Unfancied Costa Rica have beaten both the sides who beat England, and in doing so played with a passion and work ethic that England could never match. 

England have been poor for years imo, only the media building them up to be potential world beaters.  They have no world class players, a poor defence, little creativity, and no strike power.

Costa Rica and Chile in this world cup, both unfancied central/south American sides, have shown how the game should be played.  Good luck to them. I hope they go all the way.

Couldn't agree more.... the fact that Rooney who has been useless at virtually every tournament, is still considered by the sporting press as our best player beggars belief...says more about the vanities of the EPL than anything

Now that Engurland are out I can look at it a bit more unbiasedly. The England management, players and media became obsessed with Suarez and his injury and the fact he could not be fit. When they saw him lining up against them it physiologically hit them hard. Uruguay are no world beaters but England beat themselves. Never mind they've still got Howard Webb in the tournament.

Was that the worst ever performance from an Italian team?  Fair play to Costa Rica who played very well, although they will be very exposed by any side with more than a schoolboy's nouce of how to stay on-side.  It was an unbelievably incompetent attacking display from Italy who were useless even when they did beat the trap.

I agree. Motta, Chiellini and Abate played poorly. Italy was disappointing but I am convinced that Prandelli will put the team back on track to face Uruguay.

Well these newbie teams from all points East of England are sure  showing us that we no longer are the best or the most skilled.

It's just amazing how the "rest of the world" seems to have caught on and caught up. And they do bring a breezy splash of colour don't they. :cheer01:

Well these newbie teams from all points East of England are sure  showing us that we no longer are the best or the most skilled.

It's just amazing how the "rest of the world" seems to have caught on and caught up. And they do bring a breezy splash of colour don't they. :cheer01:

Wasn't aware you were English Scarlet. As for your newbie teams.......Croatia managed to beat Cameroon and Bosnia won nothing. Not exactly showing anyone anything.

I see England have now won just 1 of their last 8 matches at World Cups.  That's almost as bad as Scotland!

Scotland, however, despite all their failures, have never been knocked out prior to playing their final group match.

If only he could have bitten someone before the England game :tongueincheek:

Seriously though, Uruguay have looked a poor side and even with him in the team I wouldn't have expected them to progress very far.  Assuming he will no longer be playing in the tournament, I don't think it will make much of a difference to Uruguay.  If he gets the type of ban he deserves, it will however have pretty serious implications for Liverpool next season.

I don't have a huge amount of sympathy for Liverpool,they took a gamble to keep him on after the Ivanovic bite,I strongly disagreed at the time but they seemed to have got their rewards for that decision last season,however, the mental side of Saurez has let himself and team down badly once again.Football genius,but mental basket case. 

The way Colombia are playing I don't think a full strength Uruguay would beat them, James Rodriguez has been immense (3 goals & 2 assists from midfield).

Completely agree, Colombia are a team to watch out for IMO. James Rodriguez has been the stand out player for me in the competition so far, he really looks the part!

Apparently he did it because it was a Chewsday .... hopes to play for Hungary in the next world cup

You're making a meal out of this. It's time we got our teeth into something else.

Very sad for Italy. It was the last match of Pirlo with "la Nazionale" and Prandelli has submitted his resignation. Howewer, I hope he won't go away, they must push (not sure it's the good translation) him to stay. I still have France to support and I hope Mexico and Chili will make a good World Cup, that is to say, be in the quarter-finals against each other and one team going to the final, at least.

Very sad for Italy. It was the last match of Pirlo with "la Nazionale" and Prandelli has submitted his resignation.

Hardly surprising - they've only won 1 of their last 10 matches, and even that was only against the worst team in their group!