FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Most Visited Away Ground

KingBeastie

Inspired by Mantis's thread on how many games you've been too (it's not a feckin contest Mantis.  Sheesh! :tongue: ), I thought I'd ask what is the away ground that you have visited the most?

I think for me it's most likely (bloody) McDairmid Park.  A truly sh1te away day!  That includes Challenge Cup games too.

If it's not Perth then I'd maybe say Celtic Park or perhaps Pittodrie.

For clarity I am talking about attending Pittodrie as an away fan, not when we ground shared there for a bit.

Palmerston or Viccy Park for me ... was a spell where the Caley Inn boys went to quite a few games in Dumfries and the Dumfries lads came up to Inverness on trips to ICT and/or County. 

I would go for new St Mirren Park. By virtue of living in Glasgow I don't I've missed more than one ICT away game there since it opened. Only other rivals to this might be Easter Road or Victoria Park.

You'd have thought I'd be the same as Johndo in respect of Queen of the South as that's a 'home' game for me :lol: - but no.

Most visited away day is St Mirren (combining old and new grounds here) with 8 visits. My record here is W3 D4 L1 F12 A10. ICT have scored every time I've been too :ictscarf:

I've overlooked the obvious as its probably Victoria pk/ global stadia, I even took a young Celtic supporting relative to see Darren Jackson make a return to footy. (They are now 100% ICT)

Followed by Pitoddrie, saw Scotland v Nigeria there and enjoyed watching a miserable john Robertson and hearts leave the ground as we had out played them, as well as a few others in our 1st year in the SPL although irrelevant as noted in post 1. Its probably still Pittodrie. Including a Scottish cup replay,  saw only the 1st half of one match (Golobart had a bad day )before jumping on Standby Dave's boat to do some urgent work at Sullom voe the next morning.

Was it against Dunfermline or Aberdeen when Foran attacked Hayes for not putting enough effort in to the game.

Edited by 12th Man

For me, it must be a toss-up between St Mirren (both grounds combined), Celtic, Motherwell or Killie - the three clubs closest to Glasgow that we have been in the same division as for longest (obviously we and St Mirren have both been in the lower divisions whereas all the others have been in the top league throughout our existence, but we also played Saints in the first). Don't keep records of the games I go to, but I can't have missed more than a couple of away days at any of these grounds since I stopped working weekends a decade ago. 

Confession time for those who don't know. Pittodrie for me because......................................................................up until 1994...........................................I was a Dons supporter!!!

I was a regular at Pittodrie including during all the glory years...........................it was something else and will never be repeated. All in the past now and, twenty years on, i think i can justifiably be judged to have jumped ship for good.

Inspired by Mantis's thread on how many games you've been too (it's not a feckin contest Mantis. Sheesh! :tongue: )

TBF Beastie, given that ICT have played about 1000 games, I was looking to unearth a couple of regulars who had been to about 600 or 700. I'm sure they exist somewhere.

Mind you I suppose there are very few who go home and away, and have kept it going for 20 years. I remember the hard core who stood on the terraces in the lower leagues when we only had 'Caley, clap clap clap' and very few are still going. Many of the younger guys never got on board till about 2000.

Right, thanks to this brilliant app, away games is a piece o pysh:

Tynecastle 17

Falkirk 15 (including Brockville)

St Mirren 15 (including Love St)

Easter Road 14

Pittodrie would only be 15 even if you counted the home games and the semi final replay

Edited by TheMantis

Confession time for those who don't know. Pittodrie for me because......................................................................up until 1994...........................................I was a Dons supporter!!!

I was a regular at Pittodrie including during all the glory years...........................it was something else and will never be repeated. All in the past now and, twenty years on, i think i can justifiably be judged to have jumped ship for good.

Away games ?

Edited by TheMantis

Followed by Pitoddrie, saw Scotland v Nigeria there...

That was my first Scotland game.

Dailly scored after 8 minutes.  We lost 1-2!

Julius Agahowa (sp) got the other 2 for Nigeria if I recall correctly.

From what I can remember off the top of my head.

Killie three times (twice young guys got chucked out for making atmosphere, third time can't remember much)

Ayr twice (Cup match on Sky where we were doing the Conga. Also my first introduction to Caley Away via the Coiamobile and the game where we won the 1st Division)

St Mirren twice (We've got Marius Niculae, you've all got E-Coli)

Motherwell twice as well (or maybe three)

Rangers twice (1-1 with Prunty scoring last minute, other one was 1-0 during PLG's reign)

Celtic twice (including a horrible 5-0 drubbing)

Partick Thistle twice (Cup on Valentines day and one other)

Livingston twice (including when we relegated them)

Hibs once

Stirling once

Greenock once

Aberdeen once (a freezing cold new years day 0-0)

I think that's about it. There might be more.

In Scotland

Easter Road

Parkhead

In England

Ewood Park ( Only because I worked nights  in Blackburn) , Always wanted the away team to win.

Used to go straight to work after the game.

Spotland ( Rochdale) because my Grandad was a founder and first ever linesman.

Evil white stripe I remember the 0-5 at Celtic park, it took me ages to buy an away ticket from them. I didn't have the same problems queueing up at Ibrox for an away ticket at their ticket office, whilst carrying the big ICT flags, lol.