FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness banner in Tel-A-bloody-Viv

een

As an ICT fan with an interest in seeing a Scottish club do well in Europe, I tune into the live broadcast of Rangers playing Hapoel Tel-Aviv in Israel tonight and what do I see in the terracing but a red banner saying [glow=red,2,300]"INVERNESS"[/glow]

Well, the Gers were drubbed and yet there are Invernessians prepared to travel all the way across the Med on a Wednesday to support an OF team. Was it worth it? Na!

Would it not be better for these Invernessians to take stock and spend their time and money by coming through the turnstiles at TCS and support their home team?

Come on, get a grip, support ICT and we too will be in Europe that much quicker

:018:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i saw that too, and i had similar thoughts, but then i thought well, i support ict and i don't live in inverness...

i think these things take time. people aren't going to drop their life long allegiances for such a young team. the ict fanbase will grow, but if it grew dramatically in a very small space of time, you would have to question the dedication of that support.

i saw that too, and i had similar thoughts, but then i thought well, i support ict and i don't live in inverness...

i think these things take time. people aren't going to drop their life long allegiances for such a young team. the ict fanbase will grow, but if it grew dramatically in a very small space of time, you would have to question the dedication of that support.

Completely agree, its a generational thing at present unfortunately, what we have to remember is a lot of youngsters have been influenced by their parents, brothers, relatives when choosing their allegiances and seeing as our club has only been a top flight team for a matter of seasons then its to be expected that there will be a lot of Old firm supporters still in inverness but hopefully over the coming years it will dramatically drop.

Thankfully i did not personally succumb to parent pressure or i'd be a hibee!! :010:

:010:

Scotty -

you better hurry up and get one of these tongue in cheek smiley things you were talking about before.

At least i hope that's what RiG means...... :007:

I was being deadly serious  :016: (think that's the best we've got!)

Yes.

Do you want to tell me which team I should support then?

Born in Lanark (Third Lanark Ladies / Hamilton or Motherwell)

MOved to High Wycombe (Wanderers)

Moved to Forres (Forres MEchanics)

Moved to Glasgow (Pick one)

I have maybe 25-30 Old Firm fans in my classrooms...

- Absolutely none of them have ever been to a game.

- I think only 1 has parent(s) from Glasgow.

- Absolutely none of them have ever lived in Glasgow.

- Only around 50% have even visited Glasgow!!

I have maybe 25-30 Old Firm fans in my classrooms...

- Absolutely none of them have ever been to a game.

- I think only 1 has parent(s) from Glasgow.

- Absolutely none of them have ever lived in Glasgow.

- Only around 50% have even visited Glasgow!!

25/30 out of how many overall pupils?

Yes.

Do you want to tell me which team I should support then?

Born in Lanark (Third Lanark Ladies / Hamilton or Motherwell)

MOved to High Wycombe (Wanderers)

Moved to Forres (Forres MEchanics)

Moved to Glasgow (Pick one)

What an unlucky life you have had - what about a move to Exeter?

How many ICT fans then?  :023:

There are 2 pupils on the books of ICT, but i don't teach either so the names have escaped me. Both are rated very very highly though by all accounts!!

I'm the only confirmed ICT fan. Steve Lovell has ruined 3 monday mornings over the last 11months...

It's a tricky one this, if you apply it to the PB's I should be a tink :010: and Mr PB should be a Villa Fan.

Can understand your annoyance, but lets focus on the future generations and forget about people who are clearly already lost! 

Afterall, could there be anything more annoying for an OF fan than having a kid who's Caley daft and refuses to change!

I had the misfortune of being in a pub when several of the Inverness true Blues returned from a trip once.  Several of them had terrorist logo's on their polo shirts, the UVF to be accurate.

With this in mind I contacted the Israeli security services to advise them that these terrorist sympathisers would be making as visit to Israel and they have just bulldozed their houses down.  Nice one Shin Bet!