FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Inverness banner in Tel-A-bloody-Viv

een

I work alongside an ex Caley fan who had refused to go back. He'd go and watch Clach or County before setting foot on our stands. Now he's having a very serious arguement with his conscience cos he's got a six year old laddie who wants taken to TCS.

If Papa Lazaroo is reading he knows who I'm referring to and rest assured I'm working on him and reckon I'll get him into the Innes before the end of the season. :003:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would place the total number of people, Thistle and Caley fans, who initially refused to go to watch Caley Thistle at a maximum of 200... a number which has steadily reduced since the mid 90s. Even at that top of the range estimate, it's a drop in the ocean and indeed I note that I've managed to be drawn into a discussion of what is really a non issue.

:rotflmao:  A lesson in revised history if ever i read one.  What a strange litle man you are charles, i'm struggling to see what your motives are, but if thats what you believe, by all means carry on. Even the fairweather ex- Caley &  (both)Thistle fans i know still won't watch ICT. Face it, you're relying on the influx of central-belters to keep the interest up. 

:driving01:  beep beep

No need to indulge in revised histories of the merger since I wrote the original one.

I suppose BNP must be one of these people who attend Rebel Reunions in the Tarry Ile, drooling beneath a huge, heroic  portrait of Deryck Beaumont reading a copy of "Life Support", reminiscing about what an original thinking and progressive bunch they were and how they were cheated out of their masterstroke of preventing two ailing and moribund Highland League clubs from joining toghether and reaching the SPL, despite the fact that none of these clubs' fans wanted this to happen and as a result they all stayed away, leaving the Caledonian Stadium as the sole preserve of the central belt.....

No need to indulge in revised histories of the merger since I wrote the original one.

A yes, Against All Odds.......... what a load of propoganda, half-truths & falsehoods that turned out to be. I hope you're proud of it  :015:

Do they really have these Tarry Ile reunions you mentioned or was that another of your attempts at being funny?

**Comment Edited Out - CaleyD**

OK BNP.. but I really WAS at the last Rebel Reunion in the Tarry Ile. It was great! Beer at 1993 prices and the Guest Speaker was Jimmy Falconer on the subject: "SPL football at Fiona Larg's petrol station down the dump."

The ceremonial re enactment of the Deposing of the Chairman was also a nostalgic moment. Alan Savage was riotually ... sorry, typo, I meant "ritually" .. on second thoughts let's just stick with riotually... voted out and replaced by Deryck Beaumont.

Then, just before going home time, someone threw a symbolic firework to mark the start of a minute's silence for the passing of Finlays, which was brought to a close by setting off the fire alarm.