FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

v Dundee Utd (a) Nov23

tm4tj

Great result against the league leaders, which proves we can hold our own with any of them. Don't want to get carried away, but the 5 teams above us are separated by 2 points, and three of them have played two more games than us. So, if we can keep collecting points and get into that group, you can climb 4 or 5 places with one win, as Dunfermline did this week. So, plenty to play for, if we can just maintain this good run under Dunc.

• Agree 2

That is a great point on the road against the league leaders, and keeps up our record of not losing in the league since DF took over. I said to my son this morning that I had a feeling that the Jaggies would take something from this game, and it moves us a point clear of bottom spot with a game in hand. Onwards and hopefully upwards. 

• Like 1

@ymipand I had a problem deciding what formation we were playing too, thought at kickoff it was 3-5-2 but then looked more like a 4-4-1-1 at times. Of course it often changes in or out of possession.

That was a classic away performance and some of our passing was superb, back to middle we look a good side but as always we are going to struggle to get goals. Billy struggled to get service unless he came deep for the ball and Shaw was our biggest threat. Not sure what Sheridan is going to offer although maybe he lacks fitness but he contributed very little.

The goal was a thing of beauty as Cammy threw off the shackles and galloped forward. Very few weaknesses today and I have been ill and missed several weeks, so was impressed by seeing Ujdur, Anderson and Boyes for the first time. Duffy came on for Carson and did a decent job on Middleton. Louis Moult hardly got a sniff. 
Their goal came when Holt was given space to head home from a corner but why are we substituting defenders when we have conceded a corner? 
Apart from the first 10 minutes and the last 15 you wouldn’t have known which team were at the top of the table. Another great day with CaleyAway.
ETA: Mark Ridgers MoM
Big Dunc 💙❤️💙❤️💙

Edited by The Mantis
  • Like 3
  • Agree 5

Good effort all round today alongside some good football. Tremendous. This is a tough league and so keeping points coming in will be vital to maintaining a competitive edge and moving up the table. It is looking more possible to move up the table so keeping up the same level of effort will be required. Hopefully that will happen. Big Dunc is definitely creating a bit of a buzz about the place; I mean even some of the glory hunters are starting to turn up again 🤣🕺🤪… Belief in the players own abilities appears to be rising again and I am sure that there will be a number of reasons for that but it is definitely a good thing to see as a fan… long may it continue… 🤩

• Like 4
  • Agree 1

It sounds like Harper did very well to create Shaw’s goal. That will have done him the power of good. It is good that we are mixing our tactics up to suit the games now. Shows we now have more than one plan!

It’s nice to be getting a run of good results! Long may it continue!

The club’s report:

https://ictfc.com/dundee-united-1-1-ictfc-04-11-2023/

• Like 2

• tm4tj unpinned this topic