FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Ferguson Out

I don't think big duncs been terrible especially with what he was left with. I would quite like to see what he could do next year and hopefully build his own team. (if the battery farm decision is overturned)

• Like 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Funny 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, CmonTheCaley said:

I don't think big duncs been terrible especially with what he was left with. I would quite like to see what he could do next year and hopefully build his own team. (if the battery farm decision is overturned)

Hi Gary Bollan, welcome to CTO

Say hi to Scot and Ross at the lodge tonight. 

Edited by Duke of Inverness
  • Disagree 1

5 hours ago, CmonTheCaley said:

Welsh and Carson get into that starting XI that he plays for sure. 

1 hour ago, ICTPaisley said:

Welsh and Carson get into that starting XI that he plays for sure. 

They didn’t leave because of Ferguson. Welsh wanted to move last summer whilst Carson had very understandable family reasons for needing to be close to Edinburgh.

Ferguson needs to keep us in the Championship this season and, assuming he is still here, next season is the time to judge him.

In my opinion, in the January window, it looks to me that the club’s leaders were trying to reduce the wage bill by moving players on or out on loan where they could, and bringing players in on loan who we are probably just paying a fraction of their wages depending on appearances.

It is clear that was a high risk strategy but we will know in early May whether it has paid off or not. 

• Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Funny 1

49 minutes ago, Robert said:

They didn’t leave because of Ferguson. Welsh wanted to move last summer whilst Carson had very understandable family reasons for needing to be close to Edinburgh.

Ferguson needs to keep us in the Championship this season and, assuming he is still here, next season is the time to judge him.

In my opinion, in the January window, it looks to me that the club’s leaders were trying to reduce the wage bill by moving players on or out on loan where they could, and bringing players in on loan who we are probably just paying a fraction of their wages depending on appearances.

It is clear that was a high risk strategy but we will know in early May whether it has paid off or not. 

Not true - Ferguson didn’t rate either of them, they both would of stayed.  The club are quite happy to have you believe they both wanted back down south! Also Gardiner didn’t like either of them so he may have had a say in it or definitely happy for Ferguson to move them on.

• Disagree 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thoughtful 2

1 hour ago, CT1998 said:

Not true - Ferguson didn’t rate either of them, they both would of stayed.  The club are quite happy to have you believe they both wanted back down south! Also Gardiner didn’t like either of them so he may have had a say in it or definitely happy for Ferguson to move them on.

Given when Welsh put his house up for sale and Carson’s circumstances we need to agree to disagree.

I’ve no idea what view Gardiner had of either, but I don’t see how Ferguson can be held accountable for them moving on. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Well Said 1

For all vocal dissenters nobody is proposing how given our finances and likelihood the club are not directly paying for Ferguson (and assume Bollan) we as a club would afford a new manager and who they expect to turn us into world beater given the situation.

Since the season started the club have shed wages and liabilities from the manager, DoF, backroom staff, senior players and parted out on loan almost all fringe players. That's a pretty comprehensive list of cost cutting measures.

• Sad 2

11 hours ago, Robert said:

reduce the wage bill by moving players on or out on loan

Reduce the wage bill by Club Leaders but it was Carson and Welsh’s decision to move on 🤔 I would assume they were both on higher wages. 

I’m not saying they weren’t going to move when their contracts finished in the summer, (possibly likely with their family positions) but I’m sure it wasn’t in their plans to move in January.

9 hours ago, Robert said:

Given when Welsh put his house up for sale and Carson’s circumstances we need to agree to disagree.

I’ve no idea what view Gardiner had of either, but I don’t see how Ferguson can be held accountable for them moving on. 

I'm with CT1998 here especially re Carson. His family were all over social media saying that was not the case. He was 'encouraged' to accept Livi offer as wouldn't have been offered a new deal in the summer. 

• Well Said 1

19 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

For all vocal dissenters nobody is proposing how given our finances and likelihood the club are not directly paying for Ferguson (and assume Bollan) we as a club would afford a new manager and who they expect to turn us into world beater given the situation.

Since the season started the club have shed wages and liabilities from the manager, DoF, backroom staff, senior players and parted out on loan almost all fringe players. That's a pretty comprehensive list of cost cutting measures.

Which suggests we are in real trouble financially. More so now after the Council decision. Some transparency re what happens now would be welcome 

• Like 1
  • Funny 1

• 2 weeks later...

Didn’t make it to Firhill today, but two mates did. When he came over and heard some dissent his attitude changed immediately. He couldn’t believe fans would be disgruntled. He is absolutely detached  from the reality of where we are. This is dire  ☹️.

• Sad 1

Far too late now to make any difference. With hindsight Dunc should have been gone round about the QPFC home defeat on 3rd Feb. Charlie and possibly Robbo could maybe have salvaged something. 

• Thoughtful 1

9 hours ago, CaleyCiuin said:

Didn’t make it to Firhill today, but two mates did. When he came over and heard some dissent his attitude changed immediately. He couldn’t believe fans would be disgruntled. He is absolutely detached  from the reality of where we are. This is dire  ☹️.

I don't think he has a clue re where we are this season. His priorities are so obviously different to ours? What on earth made him come over like that. Got pretty unpleasant as he seemed to gesture we lost due to be 10 men? Em no we didn't....

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I get the impression that we should just be grateful that someone of his renown had decided to come up to our backwater. Poor results are just a minor inconvenience.

• Agree 1
  • Funny 2

6 hours ago, old caley girl said:

I don't think he has a clue re where we are this season.

I'm starting to think he doesn't know where he is, or what season it is.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Maybe he's still concussed from 'that' headbutt in 1994!!

I'm hoping I wake up in the shower to discover it's all been a bad dream.