News
    There is no UNITY without COMM-UNITY : Please sign the petition at change.org CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\ JOIN the Supporters Trust : We need Supporter #TogetherNESS more than ever and to speak with one voice. Join the Trust today CLICK HERE ///---///\\\---\\\
Jump to content

Partick away March 2024


tm4tj

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Approximate diary dates based on last season:

Following the Morton game, we’ll face an away trip, possibly Tues 7th, to club 4, say Montrose or Cove. Then at home on the Sunday afternoon. If we survive that, it’s rinse and repeat the following week against the winners of the other tie, say Alloa or Hamilton, away first. 

Last season we had 1 cup final to look forward to.

This season we have 4 to dread. That's if we can 'secure' 9th place!!

This team is devoid of confidence in themselves to remian in the Championship,  which is also how us fans feel about them and the coaching staff. 

Fergie out, Charlie in!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Duke of Inverness said:

Last season we had 1 cup final to look forward to.

This season we have 4 to dread. That's if we can 'secure' 9th place!!

This team is devoid of confidence in themselves to remian in the Championship,  which is also how us fans feel about them and the coaching staff. 

Fergie out, Charlie in!!

Whatever happens, I think it would be a great choice to have Charlie at the helm next season.

I really don’t want to go down this loan merry go round that we’re on at the moment

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When Christie resigned in 2007 he said it was due to pressure of the job and the impact it was having on him and his family.  He also made it clear last year when he took the job alongside Robbo on an interim basis that he was not interested in it permanently.

The club is an absolute shitshow at the moment, and regardless of how this season ends, there's going to be a lot of pressure on the club and team next season.  Either to bounce back from League 1, or to be challenging in the Championship.  That's going to be beyond anything he experienced in 2007 and the last thing we want is a manager walking away if we get off to a slow start because they can't hack the pressure.

As for him finishing out this season.  Why would he put himself in that position?  In fact, why would anyone put themselves in that position?  Even if we could afford to get rid of Ferguson.

Like it or not we are stuck with Ferguson and we have to hope he walks or there's a relegation clause that allows us to dump him at the end of the season should the worst happen.

If we are relegated then who's managing the team will be the least of our worries.  Even if we avoid relegation there's every chance it will still be the least of our worries.

  • Like 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, old caley girl said:

We were down other end so hard to tell. Ref seemed right on it and flashed yellow quickly. Doubt we will win without good evidence tbh 

Given the state of our match videos these days I wouldn't be holding my breath on that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, STFU said:

Given the state of our match videos these days I wouldn't be holding my breath on that.

If we scrape into 8th place or survive the relegation playoffs, do we think DF and GB will still be here next season ?

  • Thoughtful 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, CaleyCiuin said:

If we scrape into 8th place or survive the relegation playoffs, do we think DF and GB will still be here next season ?

Yes.  They were tasked with keeping us in the Championship and those who appointed him will be claiming it as job well done and a successful season.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, STFU said:

Yes.  They were tasked with keeping us in the Championship and those who appointed him will be claiming it as job well done and a successful season.

I think you are right. I wonder if they would want to stay, particularly if there was not a great budget for next season. They might say they achieved their aim and find a get out clause at “mutual consent” !

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For those that have been going to games, what's happened after Xmas? When we had Wotherspoon, it looked like we were playing a 4-4-1-1 and getting results, but now it looks like Fergie is determined 5 at the back is the answer/ play defenders as midfielders and surprise we can't score to save ourselves. Why is he so determined 5 at the back is the answer when other formations have gotten us results? I want to believe there's a manager in there but maybe he just intimidated Ancelloti into making him assistant manager 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

probably systematic of the realisation that Wortherspoon was the creator and scorer of goals on our good run and that the club could not (or were unwilling to) afford to keep him. Therefore we have a 35 year old up front who's form has plummeted yet is still our best hope of a goal and absolutely no fight or creativity in midfield. Meaning we cant score and if we want to at least try keep a clean sheet to have any chance of a positive result a defensive formation is the best hope and try **** fest our way through the rest of the season.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, bdu98196 said:

probably systematic of the realisation that Wortherspoon was the creator and scorer of goals on our good run and that the club could not (or were unwilling to) afford to keep him. Therefore we have a 35 year old up front who's form has plummeted yet is still our best hope of a goal and absolutely no fight or creativity in midfield. Meaning we cant score and if we want to at least try keep a clean sheet to have any chance of a positive result a defensive formation is the best hope and try **** fest our way through the rest of the season.

 

Think that's what baffles me, we were quick to move away from what worked with Wotherspoon when he left but we've had 3 months of ***** playing with this new system and doesn't seem to think it needs changing. Instead of slight tweaks, we go full defensive with a 5 at the back.  I won't pretend to be a tactical genius but I always thought the 5 at the back systems were much more complex and difficult to get right, when we could have had Anderson or McAllister in at wotherspoons position.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, mazza20 said:

Think that's what baffles me, we were quick to move away from what worked with Wotherspoon when he left but we've had 3 months of ***** playing with this new system and doesn't seem to think it needs changing. Instead of slight tweaks, we go full defensive with a 5 at the back.  I won't pretend to be a tactical genius but I always thought the 5 at the back systems were much more complex and difficult to get right, when we could have had Anderson or McAllister in at wotherspoons position.

Sorry hopefully Anderson is a typing error above.

wotherspoon could see a pass and then execute that pass.

anderson is a grafter in midfield. His first touch  usually heads to the sky and his next touch is a tackle. (thats what happened when he was red carded trying to take the ball down from head height after a poor first touch).

Arbroath play their game in hand on us tonight against airdrie. We will be still 9 or 8 or 6 points in front with a 34ish better GD going into Saturdays game v Arbroath with Queens Park playing Dundee Utd same day.

big game Saturday, huge game the next week.

All to play for.

Win for us and DU on Saturday get the bus booked for the hampden showdown 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, bishbashbosh said:

Sorry hopefully Anderson is a typing error above.

wotherspoon could see a pass and then execute that pass.

anderson is a grafter in midfield. His first touch  usually heads to the sky and his next touch is a tackle. (thats what happened when he was red carded trying to take the ball down from head height after a poor first touch).

Arbroath play their game in hand on us tonight against airdrie. We will be still 9 or 8 or 6 points in front with a 34ish better GD going into Saturdays game v Arbroath with Queens Park playing Dundee Utd same day.

big game Saturday, huge game the next week.

All to play for.

Win for us and DU on Saturday get the bus booked for the hampden showdown 

 

Like I said, not a tactical genius... I was always thought Anderson was supposed to be an attacking midfielder hence why I said him, my point was the system with Wotherspoon worked and seemed like instead of trying a replacement in that position we've gone for a park the bus mentality.

I think we have to be looking at getting at least 9 points from the last 5 games, unsure if that will be enough to leap frog QP but we would be feeling more confident going into a playoff 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • tm4tj unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. : Terms of Use : Guidelines : Privacy Policy