Play off final 2nd leg (ict 1-2 Accies)

A truly shameful capitulation last night. The overall lack of pride, endeavour or passion we've seen from the majority of the players and our clueless management team over the four play-off games has been difficult to comprehend. Hopefully the board got the message loud and clear at the final whistle.

A board member confirmed to me last night that Ferguson is on a 6 month rolling contract, rather than the 3 year deal he keeps referring to in interviews. Based on recent rumours it would sound like it would cost between 130-150k to pay him off. If the guy had any class at all he'd walk today but you can guarantee he'll hang on in there and pocket the pay-off he ill deserves and clearly doesn't need. His post-match comments were beyond belief. 

Personally, if Ferguson and/or Gardiner stay I won't be renewing my season tickets. I doubt I'll be alone in adopting this stance.

Grim times indeed.

• Agree 3
  • Well Said 5
  • Funny 1

10 minutes ago, ymip said:

A board member confirmed to me last night that Ferguson is on a 6 month rolling contract, rather than the 3 year deal he keeps referring to in interviews. Based on recent rumours it would sound like it would cost between 130-150k to pay him off

Oh geez, just when I thought things couldn’t get any worse.

The warning signs were clearly evident at the Montrose games I’m afraid it wasn’t a surprise to me or the fans around me the way we capitulated. 

A team full of jobbers who will now all toddle off into the horizon along with the so called manager and the so called guardians hopefully.

Shame on them all 

They shall not be missed

Dougal 

• Agree 1
  • Funny 1

24 minutes ago, ymip said:

A truly shameful capitulation last night. The overall lack of pride, endeavour or passion we've seen from the majority of the players and our clueless management team over the four play-off games has been difficult to comprehend. Hopefully the board got the message loud and clear at the final whistle.

A board member confirmed to me last night that Ferguson is on a 6 month rolling contract, rather than the 3 year deal he keeps referring to in interviews. Based on recent rumours it would sound like it would cost between 130-150k to pay him off. If the guy had any class at all he'd walk today but you can guarantee he'll hang on in there and pocket the pay-off he ill deserves and clearly doesn't need. His post-match comments were beyond belief. 

Personally, if Ferguson and/or Gardiner stay I won't be renewing my season tickets. I doubt I'll be alone in adopting this stance.

Grim times indeed.

You won't be. Spoke to loads of folk last night who feel the same 

Worth noting that going into administration won’t get us out of the obligation to give DF his assumed 6 figure payoff, because of the football creditors rule - basically a club that goes into administration has to settle debts owed to players, managers, other clubs and footballing authorities first, and if it doesn’t have the funds to do so it gets wound up ie ceases to exist.

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, ymip said:

Grim times indeed.

Can't see the usual post-match interview on Youtube, where can you find it?  Thanks

7 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

Worth noting that going into administration won’t get us out of the obligation to give DF his assumed 6 figure payoff, because of the football creditors rule - basically a club that goes into administration has to settle debts owed to players, managers, other clubs and footballing authorities first, and if it doesn’t have the funds to do so it gets wound up ie ceases to exist.

Absolutely ridiculous that managers get paid off for failing at their job, if I go into my job and failed to do what I was tasked with I'd get sacked with nothing, why should this be any different?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, robbo1985 said:

Can't see the usual post-match interview on Youtube, where can you find it?  Thanks

If the club have any sense they won't bother with an interview. They'll post a video apologising for the cluster f'ck of a campaign they've overseen and make a commitment to get fans back by doing things right on and off the pitch instead of chasing daft get rich quick schemes that would make Zack Morris blush. 

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Peleistheman said:

Stewards are useless anyway, just stood and watched those nauseous stinking smoke flres til they went out. Never watched what happened on the pitch, but did see plenty police vehicles as I drove past stadium. Nothing to say about the game. Gutted.

You’re missing the point completely regarding the problem of fan behaviour and the pitch invasion at the end of the game.

The security of the players and those attending the match is the responsibility of the club (ICTFC) - It start and stops there. 

With respect, anyone with half a mind on past high pressure, edgy and potentially volatile play-off football matches would fully know there was the chance a negative result could spark trouble. Throw in a toxic CEO and Chairman, it’s fairly clear the warning signs were there.

Now, in my option, the aforementioned CEO and those in the Board and club responsible for this security were fully aware of the risks. - The fact no police were in attendance during the match was a calculated decision by these people. It costs money and for those ‘like minded people’, the SMART decision was to leave the fans to themselves. Any cost of any potential trouble could be sorted out and picked up by calling the bobbies and the public purse. SMART!!

I can’t and will not blame the match stewards (below minimal wage on zero hour contracts, shipped in on a mini bus from god knows where). We had in the north stand the young team led by drunk fat 16 year adolescents or drunk fat 20+losers (take your pick). As soon as the first Hamilton goal went it the inevitable unrest fermented. Led by these sad clowns dads with kids were targets for abuse and intimidation. Items were thrown on the pitch (ref picked up one).

At the end of the match the Hamilton fans ran on (wrongly) to celebrate a wonderful (unexpected I would say) result with their players. Who was responsible for this - ICT football club.

The then response by ‘our’ young patrons was to respond and led by the aforementioned halfwits was the flood onto the park. All so predictable and all so sad. 

The responsibility to protect the players and ground staff lies solely with the Club and here they were again found negligent (by design or incompetence) and I fully expect them to by fined by the footballing authorities for this gross dis-ownership of responsibility to secure the ground for the match. 

Maybe it’s a parting ‘gift’ from some on the board for the club.

If you have a complaint regards the security at the match I think it came down to cold calculated costs and opinion / attitude of those in control of the club.

Edited by big cherly
  • Agree 2
  • Well Said 1

Not a comment specific to Carragher as such but while some or all players don't want to drop to league 1, I'm not convinced many have shown they are above or even equal to that level. Perhaps a few need to have long look at their expectations vs ability over the summer.

• Well Said 1

54 minutes ago, big cherly said:

You’re missing the point completely regarding the problem of fan behaviour and the pitch invasion at the end of the game.

The security of the players and those attending the match is the responsibility of the club (ICTFC) - It start and stops there. 

With respect, anyone with half a mind on past high pressure, edgy and potentially volatile play-off football matches would fully know there was the chance a negative result could spark trouble. Throw in a toxic CEO and Chairman, it’s fairly clear the warning signs were there.

Now, in my option, the aforementioned CEO and those in the Board and club responsible for this security were fully aware of the risks. - The fact no police were in attendance during the match was a calculated decision by these people. It costs money and for those ‘like minded people’, the SMART decision was to leave the fans to themselves. Any cost of any potential trouble could be sorted out and picked up by calling the bobbies and public purse. SMART!!

I can’t and will not blame the match stewards (below minimal wage on zero hour contracts, shipped in on a mini bus from god knows where). We had in the north stand the young team led by drunk fat 16 year adolescents or drunk fat 20+losers (take your pick). As soon as the first Hamilton goal went it the inevitable unrest fermented. Led by these sad clowns dads with kids were targets for abuse and intimidation. Items were thrown on the pitch (ref picked up one).

At the end of the match the Hamilton fans ran on (wrongly) to celebrate a wonderful (unexpected I would say) result with their players. Who was responsible for this - ICT football club.

The then response by ‘our’ young patrons was to respond and led by the aforementioned halfwits was the flood onto the park. All so predictable and all so sad. 

The responsibility to protect the players and ground staff lies solely with the Club and here they were again found negligent (by design or incompetence) and I fully expect them to by fined by the footballing authorities for this gross dis-ownership of responsibility to secure the ground for the match. 

Maybe it’s a parting ‘gift’ from some on the board for the club.

If you have a complaint regards the security at the match I think it came down to cold calculated costs and opinion / attitude of those in control of the club.

I do think the stewards are partly to blame surely? The club do pay for their services and deserve a professional service. With few numbers surely the sensible thing would have been to contain one end? Probably the Hamilton end due to smaller numbers? Harsh on them maybe but. 

They failed miserably to control anyone in the end. 

• Agree 1

I have just been told about the rolling contract and I am also told that there is some form of contracted early pay-off clause. In different circumstances I could stomach that BUT. I hope that Dunc does the right thing. His interview prior to the Hammy game was shocking. I can accept injuries, taking over at a very low point, loss of key players and loanees. I can also accept the style of play but there was a lack of a Plan B. As Yngwie alluded to earlier the adaption of the playing style and the chopping and changing may not have helped. I really hope that is not one of the excuses provided if and when any statement comes around. But lets face it we were beaten by a far better team - we were beaten by a team that played as a team and evidently gave 110% for the shirt. We certainly had those clearly giving it all and, looking at the player poll for the game, it appears that we all know who they are.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

I do think the stewards are partly to blame surely? The club do pay for their services and deserve a professional service. With few numbers surely the sensible thing would have been to contain one end? Probably the Hamilton end due to smaller numbers? Harsh on them maybe but. 

They failed miserably to control anyone in the end. 

Well, what is their contract and legal responsibility. (Pitch only, or marshalling the stands)? Pay peanuts …………

And the for the trouble in the north home-end stand?

Edited by big cherly

4 minutes ago, big cherly said:

And the for the trouble in the north home-end stand?

Well letting them mix on pitch was a great idea? Not. 

With small numbers of stewards surely pragmatic decisions were needed rather than all out mayhem due to lack of a plan? 

4 minutes ago, old caley girl said:

Well letting them mix on pitch was a great idea? Not. 

With small numbers of stewards surely pragmatic decisions were needed rather than all out mayhem due to lack of a plan? 

Agreed, I refer to my original note. 

It seems to be generally accepted that fans can come on to pitches at the end of a season to celebrate an achievement, without repercussions. We’ve done it home and away (Ayr) and at least one team had previously celebrated on our pitch (Dundee Utd). I don’t recall any trouble at those, and I don’t begrudge giving Hamilton fans the opportunity to celebrate their promotion.
You can blame the club or stewards, but surely it also comes down to individuals taking responsibility for their own conduct.

• Agree 2

Posted (edited)

Hopefully those clutching their pearls about a few youngsters running on the pitch come to realise that not everyone desires to share their own miserable, passionless philosophies 

Edited by Stephen Malkmus
  • Funny 1

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

Hopefully those clutching their pearls about a few youngsters running on the pitch come to realise that not everyone desires to share their own miserable, passionless philosophies 

Well, fully coherent and cogent posting. 

Edited by big cherly

27 minutes ago, Stephen Malkmus said:

No issue with pitch invasions. Scraps on the pitch between rival fans I'm not so sure about tbh 

35 minutes ago, Yngwie said:

It seems to be generally accepted that fans can come on to pitches at the end of a season to celebrate an achievement, without repercussions. We’ve done it home and away (Ayr) and at least one team had previously celebrated on our pitch (Dundee Utd). I don’t recall any trouble at those, and I don’t begrudge giving Hamilton fans the opportunity to celebrate their promotion.
You can blame the club or stewards, but surely it also comes down to individuals taking responsibility for their own conduct.

I think I kicked off when one Hamilton fan ran up to our North goal gloating? Didn't go well after that 

To be clear I'm all for pitch invasions but this was a bit different to the past as tensions in home end were clear to everyone 

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, ICTPaisley said:

Strange question. Why does no one ever ask him the proper pressing questions ? 

Maybe they are too scared in case he sticks the nut on them? 

Dougal

• Funny 2

1 hour ago, old caley girl said:

I think I kicked off when one Hamilton fan ran up to our North goal gloating? Didn't go well after that 

To be clear I'm all for pitch invasions but this was a bit different to the past as tensions in home end were clear to everyone 

I'll say that only after the Scumilton fan ran across to our North stand goalmouth gloating and giving the finger did our fans invade the pitch, Before that I don't think they would have done so.

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, caley100 said:

I'll say that only after the Scumilton fan ran across to our North stand goalmouth gloating and giving the finger did our fans invade the pitch, Before that I don't think they would have done so.

Fannies