FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Most Likley problem why the Club is not performing On and Off the Park

wyness_is_god

I have come to the decision that the post i had here is an unfair opinion, pretty silly of me to put in public and after having a re-thought , obviously my feelings were running High and said something that could have been regretted later on, I have decided to re-edit  this for all concerned with my apologies. :003:

I would also like to make no further comment on the situation.

I think this thread is a little unfair and close to being defamatory.

I do not believe that Mike Smith is the cause of the problems we currently have on the park as he has absolutely nothing to do with that side of the club. As I have had extensive dealings with the man in the last couple of years I will elaborate on my opinions a little further very shortly but as its likely to be a long answer, I have to go for a coffee first !!!

Not intended to be Defamatory, Just an opinion as a concerned supporter of the football club  :003:

If the man wants to prove me wrong I along with others who would like to know what it is exactly he does/has done for the club since arriving, I probably would be willing to listen as-long as it wasn't Romanov-anesque in riddles just to keep the fan happy.

Apologises to Smith if it does come across that way its not intended.

As Caley D and IHE have said in various other threads there is a problem within the club and I believe like them it does come from a person or people higher up who do not have Caley Thistle at heart.

I don't mind being quoted or summarised but I made no allegation that anyone acted without having Caley Thistle at Heart.

Also, as Scotty says, Mike Smith has nothing to do with the playing side of the club.

Mike Smith may have had the finger pointed at him for many a thing and upset more than his fair share of people, some may like to know what he does to justify his position and salary, but I think this is taking it too far.

OK - as the original post has been edited, I will make my answer a little shorter than intended (thank goodness say most posters !!)

The board of directors and Chairman are in charge of the whole club. The chief executive is in charge of the operation of the actual business including a few things on matchdays, and the team coaches and players are responsible for what happens on the park.

I do not believe CC's decision to quit has anything to do with our chief executive as his 'line management' route is exactly the same as the chief executive's ... ie. they both report directly to the board and the chairman, not to each other.

At the end of the day, the coach is measured on how many points we get and where we finish in the league. The chief exec is measured on how the balance sheet looks and the one that was sent out recently looked pretty **** healthy.

Do fans like him ? There is plenty of evidence to say that no they dont - whether that be because of the singing section, personal dealings or anything else, but the bottom line is just that, the bottom line, and the recent one published in black and white for all shareholders to see suggests he is managing costs, making the club more profitable, and therefore doing his job.

I know fans are lashing out just now and trying to find a scapegoat or someone to blame for the current situation, but this time, the crosshairs do not deserve to be lined up against MS !!!

It has just dawned on me that Charlie does a lot of standing up during a game. Perhaps he has been ejected from the stadium to set an example to the Singing Section.

Nah, it was a one man protest against the eviction of a corpulent, kilted fan during last seasons Pars game.