FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

WHOOPEEE!!! BREWSTER'S COMING BACK

buckett

We have a better squad than Utd though.  I would normally say don't go back, but on this occasion I know that the board have made the decision they think is best to take the club forward, so I will give him a chance.  Give it a few weeks and if our position hasn't improved then I'll blame the board for being too hasty.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say that you so-called ICT Supporters should either get behind the new manager and give him your full support - or go elsewhere.

Brewster was learning his trade in his first spell here. He still in - and has the potential to become a very good manager.

He has a high profile in the game which will help to attract players.

He will also, hopefully, get this squad fit again - the fitness levels have been on a slow downward slide since he left.

So stop your moaning, respect the boards decision and get behind the Team and the new management.

just because we don't agree with everything the board does means we're not real supporters!! shut yer puss!!

also i see that you've only done 32 posts. if you're a big time fan, where have you been for the past wee while??

I would say that you so-called ICT Supporters should either get behind the new manager and give him your full support - or go elsewhere.

Brewster was learning his trade in his first spell here. He still in - and has the potential to become a very good manager.

He will also, hopefully, get this squad fit again - the fitness levels have been on a slow downward slide since he left.

So stop your moaning, respect the boards decision and get behind the Team and the new management.

just because we don't agree with everything the board does means we're not real supporters!! shut yer puss!!

also i see that you've only done 32 posts. if you're a big time fan, where have you been for the past wee while??

And 107 posts gives you the right to make such a stupid statement does it?

Brewster had us on an upward path during his previous tenure, and I don't think anyone would deny that we've been on a downward spiral since he left.

Blackie is a good example - under Brewster he was a Scotland future internationalist who looked destined to make it to the top - post Brewster his careers gone off the rails, for the most part he's been a shadow of the player he was. You could say the same about Dargo, Wilson, Tokely, Hastings, Duncan etc etc.

At the very least he seemed to be good at getting players fit, aggressive and motivated, although that alone isn't always enough - as his DUFC debacle demonstrated.

He needs to be complimented by an assistant manager with tactical nuance and and skills in the transfer market. Does Donald Park fit the bill? I don't know.

I still say Pele Paterson is the missing piece of the jigsaw. In years to come we'll probably rue the fact that we overlooked him when he was still available to us.

And 107 posts gives you the right to make such a stupid statement does it?

its still higher than 32!!! th big stupid statemeant here mateyboy is the 1 that we're not real fans for not supporting th board. what utter gash!!

"And 107 posts gives you the right to make such a stupid statement does it?"

alex macloed..caley4life is a diehard caley fan,goes to every game he can and loves the club, also 1 of the very few that go over to the singing section and does his very best to get an atmosphere going unlike you probably who just sits on his arse and complains all the time about the team.but you'll be happy with brewster considering you've questioned every1's comments who have criticised him or the boards decision to take him back.

"Craig Dargo, Zander Sutherland, Rory McAllister and other youths that I cant remember were all brought to the first team by Brewster."

i dunno about anyone else but i don't think dargs was a youth here  :rotflmao: :029: and we must thank brewster with our hearts for taking the star man,our saviour our top goalscorer rory mcallister into the team he is by far our best ever player!! :017:

first of roscoe....you'll not find a post on this site where I questioned caley4life's dedication to this club. I questioned his right to question another based on the number of posts on this site.

secondly, you wont find a post of mine on this site that complains about the team.

third, I'm not happy about going backwards and signing Brewster

fourth, I didn't say Dargo was a youth. What it should have read was Brewster signed Dargo, he also signed six players from the youths including the two I mentioned. Oh! and Rory is so bad he earns Scotland caps.

Almost forgot....if your going to use my name please spell it correctly.

mateyboy please note....I never made that statement.

i know u didnt old fart (maybe you'd prefer that) but surely you can realise that it was a stupid comment sayin that we're not real supporters because we don't agree wi everythin th board does. btw lol means laugh out loud  :015:

rosscoe23 - our savior rory  :rotflmao: :rotflmao: pure brilliant!!

"first of roscoe....you'll not find a post on this site where I questioned caley4life's dedication to this club. I questioned his right to question another based on the number of posts on this site.

secondly, you wont find a post of mine on this site that complains about the team.

third, I'm not happy about going backwards and signing Brewster

fourth, I didn't say Dargo was a youth. What it should have read was Brewster signed Dargo, he also signed six players from the youths including the two I mentioned. Oh! and Rory is so bad he earns Scotland caps."

1st of all alex....you'll find that i never said anything about you questioning caley4life's dedication to our club.

secondly when did i ever say anything about you complaining about the team?i said complaining but i didn't specify what!

3rd why are you taking such offence to people saying bad things about brewster then?

4th you made a typing error ok thats fair enough.but tell me this what has rory done to merit a place in the scotland squad?its just merely a lack of strikers that he gets picked.and six players from the youth?who are the other 4 then??

This forum does not tolerate users dishing out personal abuse to each other.

It stops now.

By all means disagree and debate but any more personal stuff and I will not hesitate to remove the ability for the offenders to do so again.

alex macloed..caley4life is a diehard caley fan,goes to every game he can and loves the club, also 1 of the very few that go over to the singing section and does his very best to get an atmosphere going unlike you probably who just sits on his arse and complains all the time about the team.but you'll be happy with brewster considering you've questioned every1's comments who have criticised him or the boards decision to take him back.

1st of all alex....you'll find that i never said anything about you questioning caley4life's dedication to our club.1st bold text..so why find it necessary to point that out?

secondly when did i ever say anything about you complaining about the team?i said complaining but i didn't specify what! 2nd bold text ends "about the team"

3rd why are you taking such offence to people saying bad things about brewster then? I dont take any offence against those who disagree with him coming back. I do, however, object to downright abuse of a person.

4th you made a typing error ok thats fair enough.but tell me this what has rory done to merit a place in the scotland squad?its just merely a lack of strikers that he gets picked.and six players from the youth?who are the other 4 then?? Cant remember the other two but Kerr and McMillan (who went to highland league) were two. I think another was the keeper who went to Clach

I've said it once and I'll say it again - whether or not you approve of his appointment, we need to get behind our team and give the new manager and players our full support.

(Brewster's appointment confirmed today.)

Its now official Brew is back .All this negativity needs to stop and as true supporters lets get behind our new manager and players and look forward to a good season ........... Johnboy.......as to who he may leave out  I really don't mind at this stage as long as he can get some points on table for us..FOR GOD SAKE GIVE HIM A BREAK . WELCOME BACK BREW AND ALL THE BEST

Its now official Brew is back .All this negativity needs to stop and as true supporters lets get behind our new manager and players and look forward to a good season ........... Johnboy.......as to who he may leave out  I really don't mind at this stage as long as he can get some points on table for us..FOR GOD SAKE GIVE HIM A BREAK . WELCOME BACK BREW AND ALL THE BEST

I have been, for several years, a huge fan of Brewster the player....  :003:

I'm pleased to see him back and will cheer as loudly as anyone else when he starts to rattle in a few goals for us....

BUT  does questioning the manner of how he came to be re-appointed make me negative, or something less than a true supporter..?

Its the alzhiemers Don, memories going :003:

if alex is able to joke about what i said, how was i blocked in the first place? this surely shows that he isn't terrible offended by it. oh and btw i was also meaning what i said as a joke!!

The Management refs have blown the whistle and they are not going back on this appointment. Believe it

Also Brewster has as much to lose as ICT in this new love affair.

So, believe it or not (LOL) I fully agree with Buckett's views.

Time to get with the programme friends otherwise our beloved  Caley Thistle will not benefit from a continuance of this sniping and ill-feeling .

Good luck Brewster and  ICT.

I think he should play against Arbroath and strut his stuff. :rolleyes02: