FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Hibs

ictchris

-----------------Fraser-----------------

--Proctor--McGuire--Munro--Hastings--

---Cowie---Duncan--Black---Imrie---

-----------------Niculae/Wyness--------

------------------Bayne---------------------

We always seem to lose out to Rob Jones when we try to hit our strikers against Hibs.  I think if we had Imrie and Cowie down the flanks we could try and pull them out of position and capitalise.  Also, get Wyness or Niculae a bit deeper to act as a link man to Bayne, who can chase balls into the channels and challange lost causes.

I think we might be on a hiding to nothing as the likes of Fletcher and Sheils seem to be doing very well for Hibs.  At least a goal would be nice in my home game!

COWIE

COWIE  COWIE  COWIE  COWIE

COWIE  COWIE  COWIE  COWIE

COWIE  COWIE

This is the team we played tonight and only lost 3-1. If these players get some time to gel then i predict a bright future for ICT. Unfortunately, someone will probably sign Don Cowie in the summer and the team will fall apart before it's had the chance to fulfill it's potential.

Fraser

Proctor                                    Maguire                              Munro                                  Hastings

Cowie                                      Black                                  Duncan                                McBain/ Imrie

Niculae                                  Wyness

Get back to the team that put us on a run in the lead up to xmas!

Cowie has definitely been at his best and Caleys best player of late and needs to be on the right as he has a greater impact on the game there, scores again last night from the right! Don't know why Blackie was dropped?? :024:

Need to be consitent on selection to gain continuity with the team and push for that top six spot................

'Come on e Caley'

-----------------Fraser-----------------

--Proctor--McGuire--Munro--Hastings--

---Cowie---Duncan--Black---Imrie---

-----------------Niculae/Wyness--------

------------------Bayne---------------------

So basically the team I "picked" for Motherwell - good to see someone else in agreement  :003:

Good point about Rob Jones as well. Brewsters long ball game was dealt with so easily in the Cup fixture that surely he can't think that it will work this time round? We are a much better team when we get it down and pass it. I mind one fixture a couple of seasons back where the post match comments where something along the lines of ICT passing the SPLs best passing team off the park and we need to do that again.

Guest TinCanFan

Fraser

Tokley                        Watt                          Munro             

Hastings         

Black                          Duncan

Cowie

Wyness                      Bayne              Niculae         

Subs: Zibi, Duff, McAllister, Vigurs, Imrie, Paatelaien/Wilson, McGuire         

Looks weird yes, three fairly big strikers may stop Rob Jones.  Watt is there so he and Tokely can double mark Jones when he comes up for corners.  Cowie is played a bit further forward to give a bit more flare down the wing and to try and to diminsh the gap on the left, Hastings plays slightly ahead of the defence as he did for Canada recently  Armed formations don't seem to be so common in the SPL but the South Americans seem to do it well so it may be worth trying here.

think people might be worrying a little too much about rob jones to be honest (unless the above posts are sarcastic in which case i take the following all back). dont think the lad has scored this season and from what i hear has been somewhat shaky at the back. think we should be slightly more concerned with the fletcher/nish/shiels/rankin/zemama combo. somewhat quick and looking pretty bloody good at the moment!

Guest Aboynamedsue

I simply feel that there are too many behind the scene issues to determine the team - I fear that we may be in frefall.  :33:

Roll on next season.

Here we go again , why is it people immediately think there's sh*t going on behind the scenes almost every time we get beat ? ok so Brews team selection  was wrong but doesnt mean there's anything untoward going on !!!

we win some we lose some  thats football , Get over it !!!!!!

All out attack with a defensive twist

Fraser

McGuire Munro Proctor

Tokely Cowie Black Imrie Hastings

Bayne Wyness

far too many people on here hoping for some major ICT disaster, it happens everytime we have a decent period a few decide that there is not enough drama at the club and start kicking up 5hit, anyway.....

Fraser

Tokely    McGuire    Munro    Hastings

Cowie    Black    Duncan    Imrie

Wyness    Niculae

Thank Christ you're back Chibberoonie

That looks like the team of the day, maybe swap Denzil for Bayners and have Patti waiting patiently in the wings.

I would also like Brew to throw his name into the hat if he ever regains some form of fitness.

For the love of god, not Bayne up front.  I was at Easter Road when we lost there last season and I don't think Bayne won a header in the whole match, while in the process giving away dozens of fouls.  Bayne is our biggest forward, but he's still not good enough to trouble Jones.  Wyness and Niculae up top, and for crying out loud, can we try and keep it on the deck?  One of the trends of the season appears to be punting the ball up towards the opposition's big centre-backs, balls we can never win.

In a dream world I'd try to somehow fit Markus, Imrie and Cowie into the same team, but this is probably the sort of game which calls for Duncan, Black and McBain in 3 of the midfield roles.

I have a sneaky feeling that if we give our best performance of the season and win 4-0, some posters will still be claiming on Monday that there is a crisis (even if Niculae scores a hat-trick)

For the love of god, not Bayne up front. 

Can you mind who it was that grabbed the winner when we played Hearts at Tynecastle  a few weeks ago...?

That he did but of the 10 games he's started we have won 1 - against Gretna!

Incredible stats for Denzil, considering he is playing absolutely rubbish just now.  Now he is a luxury we can do without.  If he does not get his finger out, he may well find himself out of a job.  Baffling for a man with his skills, he has missed too many sitters.  At the moment, Bayne has done little wrong recently when given an opportunity and would be my preferred option over the slow ponderous and confidenceless Wyness, sorry Dennis, but pull the finger out.

All out attack with a defensive twist

Fraser

McGuire Munro Proctor

Tokely Cowie Black Imrie Hastings

Bayne Wyness

All out defence with an attacking twist....  :023:

Fraser

Tokely McGuire Munro Hastings

Black

Cowie Duncan Imrie Marcus P

Bayne

I'm talking specifically about this match.  There are matches where Bayne is useful to have (mostly as a substitute, mind) but if he starts today I think he's likely to be about as effective as an inflatable dartboard.

If you ever fall overboard from a ship at sea, don't expect me to throw you an inflatable dartboard... :018:

Denzil is a player who, in the SPL, will always score in bursts.  He is a confidence player I think.  He scored six in six games earlier this season and when he first came back he had the run alongside Dargo when he scored eight in nine games.

Bayne has a lot to offer, if we play him right - targetmen need good service in terms of crosses and support from the middle of the park.  From what I've seen Markus is good at coming in from a wide area and attacking crosses, in a Lee McCulloch stylee. 

After all this pre match talk about Bayne he did not too bad today  :003: Given we went with our usual tactic of hump it he was the only one likely to win it against Jones and he did so quite often. He also went in for some meaty challenges in particular one with Makalamity. Well done Graham!