FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Niculae called up to Romania squad

Libero

Good for him. And if he gets a game he could earn us a transfer fee this summer........which would be the best outcome for all concerned. And the one that was planned all along, I suspect.

I'm sure IHE will be along soon to clarify :015:

They promised to give him a chance to prove himself before the Euros and they're sticking to their word.

The Romanians will however see what we have seen -  a classy player who continues to be hampered the serious injuries he sustained in the past, and who may never return to his best.

Great news for him.  Hope me makes the best of it as it may be his last ever call up (no pressure :) )

I dont think any of us underestimate just how good a player he was before his injuries, he had all the qualities he shows with us plus the speed and strength to make it pay at the top level.

I remember when we used to back the players. In fact, Alex, I remember when, if there was any poster on here that would get right behind the team it was you :007:

I'm always behind the team and I stick up for all who are part of the team. What I dont like is the way the team have been disrupted to accomodate the player. To try and change the whole style and ethos of the team in the hope of getting them to play around him is wrong. A new player coming in should be adapting to the way the team plays not the other way around. Someone somewhere is pulling strings and those who dont like it are being edged out. We watch sh!te, we blame players, we blame coaches. Personally I think its time we started blaming the real culprit. The cynic in me say's get Niculae back in national squad and building contracts in Romania will be easily won.

This is a milestone for the club (please no smartass comebacks about millstones and necks!). To have a player called up for a first class national team (Romania are ranked 13th in the world, and before anyone mocks the system, a look at their recent results show they are there on merit) is something we could hardly have imagined only a few years ago.

I'd love to watch the game to see how our man gets on, but not sure how it could be accessed. I suppose eurosport is our best hope, but even that's a long shot. Does anyone have any ideas? Perhaps the club could arrange to have it streamed online or something?

The cynic in me say's get Niculae back in national squad and building contracts in Romania will be easily won.

Sounds a bit fanciful Alex. Alan Savage has never had any trouble in that department before, and why would Romanian property developers care if a Romanian footballer was playing in Inverness? Get real, your conspiracy theory is silly. :rolleyes02:

And is it really reasonable to argue that the whole system been changed to accomodate Niculae? I don't think there's any evidence for this theory either. We have changed from a 4-4-2 to a 4-5-1 recently, Brewster said that this is the system that Ionikos often employed during his time there to great effect. We won 6 consecutive SPL games with it - you could just as easily argue that the system was designed to accomodate Don Cowie and John Rankin, because they played their best ever football for ICT in it.

Good luck to Marius. With Mutu struggling to be fit this is a great chance for Marius to show what he can do.

Hope it all goes well for you big man. Good performance and maybe a goal and we'll all have something to shout for this Summer!

At the end of the day, all the furore over his contract is not his fault so I congratulate him for getting into the squad and hope he gets a chance to play and maybe do well.

why does every thread always have toreturn to slagging someone, something off? This thread is not about romanian building contracts, the team formation or about brewsters system being played around individual players. That should be done on one of the other 10 million negative threads on this forum.

This thread is simply to say well done Marius, so lets a least be big enough to congratulate the guy, regardless of other circumstances at the club.

Well done Marius and i for one hope you do well and hope yourperformance leads to some posters on here eating a large piece of humble pie.

Guest stevico64

why does every thread always have toreturn to slagging someone, something off? This thread is not about Romanian building contracts, the team formation or about Brewster's system being played around individual players. That should be done on one of the other 10 million negative threads on this forum.

This thread is simply to say well done Marius, so lets a least be big enough to congratulate the guy, regardless of other circumstances at the club.

Well done Marius and i for one hope you do well and hope yourperformance leads to some posters on here eating a large piece of humble pie.

Cant agree more, when I was reading last night I couldn't quite believe it, a great thing for both the club and one of our players and the thread turns into the usual conspiracy theory rubbish