FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

game coverage for North Americans

This was taken from the Hearts-ICT match thread ...

Not being broadcast overseas so I found my way to the Hearts site. You can get online video live it seems but at a huge cost for one game. It would be fine if you were a Hearts supporter and purchased this service at the beginning of the season  but this late in the day it is not worth it I think.

So I tried their live audio but it was blocked too (no surprise there--I suppose you must also purchase that earlier too).Finally I find a blow by blow account on texting being updated by the two minutes on their web site.It reveals an end to end game conveying the impression that there are corners galore at both ends, play is frantic and not one sided as one punter o here says.

So texting is the most boring dry way of following a game and apparently it doesn't convey the true run of the game.

Oh my ,when will Caley Thistle get their act together and give us some form of match day communication here in the Overseas Department?

The Hearts website is absolutely stuffed with match day options, English games online, SPL games online, previews, post-match/pre-match commentaries and videos --very busy site indeed but all available if you are willing to join up and pay. That's fair.

It is in fact really difficult to follow ICT outside of Scotland because the team does not sponsor audio play-by-play and North Americans are not legally allowed to follow the coverage at BBC Sport. That is a shame, as well, because I used to listen to Scotland games on there until they took away my access.

Hearts does have good coverage, but I do not believe they offer live video of their games. It appears that Hearts.TV consists mostly of highlights and interviews, but nothing live. Now they do offer live audio of each of their games, which is actually a better buy than it may appear at first sight.

The cost is 3.99 pounds per month (20-25 pounds for half a season of coverage), but you don't just get audio coverage of Hearts games, but also for Aberdeen, Hearts, Kilmarnock and Rangers (give or take a team). I currently subscribe to the service because it also includes audio for practically every English Football League team and a handful of EPL clubs and every single game that ICT plays, there actually is a link for audio coverage, but the link is always dead (meaning, when single time I have ever clicked on the ICT broadcast, all I ever get is dead air). Maybe that means that next year ICT will start broadcasting on there. That would be really cool and something I would highly recommend to ICT that they start doing - any cost would well be worth it!

Many people probably wouldn't consider ?3.99 a month a lot of money, but yesterday I went to see if I could tune into the Toronto FC game to listen to the match and I discovered that you can get Live Game Video for $19.95 for the WHOLE season or Audio for $4.95 for the Whole season!!!.....and to top it all off you get a choice of Home/Away commentary in either Spanish or English.

This country has a lot of catching up to do with these things.

You are preaching to the converted my friend .... I am in Toronto so have the same problems accessing ICT games. I have spoken to the club about it but dont think its that far up the agenda right now !!!!

CaleyD - Try this link for TFC games. They have a matchday thread same as us but also allow certain types of links that we do not  :004: http://s15.invisionfree.com/U_Sector/index.php