FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Joining a gym??

My bosses have told me that if I am to continue being a trainer in Care and Responsibility or Control and Restraint as it used to be known or How to deck a raging Lunatic in Craig Dunain terms .. that .. I have to join a local NHS sponsored Gym .. and do their feckin "circuits" THREE times per week. They are offering to subsidise me and if I dont I will lose a bit of the spondoolachs. I tried to explain that I can usually talk down anyone, or feckin bore them, before I have to use restraint but they say they need conditioned trainers.

What the feck do I do. my belly is ma copyright. What if ma kilt gets too big?? :019: :019: :019: :019:

'that .. I have to join a local NHS sponsored Gym .. and do their feckin "circuits" THREE times per week. '

:015: :015: :015: :015:

Hint hint eh?

Will they pay you overtime to attend?

Go to the sessions, dont work too hard, just eye up the talent working hard-all the sweaty female bodies etc etc.

Feck me... The NHS are providing free Highland March Training for the almost 50s now... What's the fecking world coming to? :011: :011: :011: :011:

DO the images on yer post give us some clues to the exercises in your programme?

As a recent starter at the gym maself I would reassure IHE that while the arms and legs will show impressive improvement the gut remains its usual impressive self.

But surely, Johndo, these were fake man boobs under yer ICT shirt all the time.

Guest Interthenet

IHE, I never know when you're on the feckin wind-up mate, but let's assume for a minute that you have done your achilles... that's a bad one, especially for a bloke of your advanced years...  ;) Mrs Yompa has a pal who did her's Scottish Country dancing a few years back and it was fully two years before she was fully mobile and able to stuff like running again (not that you'll be going to extrames like that of course).

Of course you could always sue the gym for insufficient instruction...  >:(

If this weekend is enuff to go by. Sitting in the blazing sun, being spoilt, sipping ice cold voddies - I will be the fattest feckin instructor on the planet. I was actually playing feckin tennis at the time!! I am going to stick to the gym, swimming and the sauna in future.

Feck me. I will have to check the tennis court out fer aquifer activity. It is rite beside the canal.  :D :D :D :D :D :D

I was a frequent visitor to the Sports Injuries Clinic when I lived in Cumbernauld and on one occasion, the doc was telling me that the number one sport for snapped achilles tendons is badminton, the reason being that the lunging forward form the back of the court puts an enormous strain on the calf and hence the achilles.

I'm sorry to hear of your predicament old chap and I wish you a speedy recovery. I suggest yow take up bowls in future...  :o

Playing tennis at your age.  Whats an old git like you playing a game for public schoolboys ya fekkin ponce.

Get a grasp man, sort yersel oot.  Of course, it does mean you can sit at home during the world cup and sip a few chilled voddies, how unfortunate, never mind.  Strangely enough, I b/ggered mine playing badminton a few years ago.  The hall I was in did not have sprung flooring therefore there was no give in the boards, the only thing that did give was my achilles tendon.  Sore for weeks, not much fun.

Anyway, this is what I want you to do if you want to make the start of the season.

The treatment options for a complete rupture of the tendon include surgery followed by casting, or casting alone. There are advantages and disadvantages to each technique and the options should be discussed with your physician. With surgery, the tendon is either reattached to the calcaneal bone (if it has been pulled off or avulsed) or the two ends are sewn together is the tendon has been torn in two.  In most people, a cast is applied after surgery until healing is complete. Each patient must be considered individually. There are many reasons why a person may not be a suitable candidate for a surgical repair of the injury. These include, but are not limited to: poor circulation, presence of skin problems at the site of the injury, age (old gits take longer), a sedentary lifestyle (fat bestard), other medical conditions (nutter) that make the person a poor candidate for surgery (such as heart or lung problems). If the injury is treated non-operatively, then a cast is applied until healing is complete. The length of time required for healing is highly variable. Often it may take as long as six months for complete healing to occur. Drinking copious amounts of vodka will dull the pain and transfer any soreness away from the affected area and onto the head, repeat dosage as necessary.

The Captain's unfortunate injury begs the question... "how the fvck do you get a wheelchair onto the submarine (and indeed, how the fvck do you get the bvgger out again in an emergency)?

Will IHE be banned from his own feckin ship by H&S regs?

We shall see....

;)