FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

The tao of Craigy B

kencar

Forgive me as I have sampled a sip or 2 of quality red wine in an attempt to try and numb some of the pain from yet another ?awesome? home performance from the team I love.

Earlier in the week I read a fascinating article in the Highland News from our incumbent manager alluding to the fact that I as a member of the general public didn?t understand his tactical genius. I hold my hand up now and agree I don?t.

Imagine my surprise when I learned that ?. "Many goals are scored these days when you have the ball, you lose it and the opposition go down the park and score. At times, the general public don't realise or understand that.?

Foolishly after 37 years on planet Earth I thought goals came from under the gooseberry bush!!

Obviously what do I know, I don?t have a UEFA pro coaching licence!! However, I do have a cycling proficiency badge but sadly to date I have still yet to win the Tour De France!

Then again as alluded to by Mr B sometimes we home fans need a reality check - imagine seeing Caley Thistle win a home game against anyone else other than Kilmarnock!

Nice post Ken :rotflmao:

Brewster is an arrogant, condescending __________ . This is backed up by the fact i have never once seen him hold his hand up and admit HE got things wrong.

Edited by Scotty
derogatory name removed

The key thing is that when we play one up at home, you really have to score first. If you play with two up front, you are more open to attacks against us.

I've not been to a home game for a while, but is not the case that when we play 1 up at TCS that the attacking midfielders aren't supporting the stiker effectively. Does the striker ever get any balls into his feet? Do Cowie and Imrie get close to him to pick up knock-downs? Do they drive at full-backs and get crosses into the box?

Home teams have to put opposing defences under pressure if they want to score the first goal, and it seems that our midfield is set-up to avoid conceding above all else - and even that's not working.

Brewster's arrogance in that interview is astounding. How the hell can he think he's in a position to be lecturing fans about his tactics when they're failing so spectacularly?

Just goes to show what you write when full of the grape juice eh...

I've had enough of Brews Colonel Blink tactics, he really needs to get advice from a proper manager on how to set up a team and get players in the right position.

Its quite obvious that Malky is a spy in the camp and trying **** ICT by giving Brew the wrong advice.

Guest aldalzz

Can't believe this post just about fell off the page without response. Despite the frightening truth that lies beneath, it's one of the most humorous posts I've read on here in a while.

Superb, I've got some cycling certificates too, maybe we can enter a team in the tour de france, don't know if I'll pass the dope test though, I'll miss ICT games for 6 months and it'll be out of my system, I know I stand a better chance than our current management team.

In the past we've played the same formation and players week in week out with great effect. All those players went out and done a job. They played for each other and no thought was given to who the opposition were. We feared no-one. Other teams feared coming to TCS. Now we're trying to be too tactical. We're setting our team out to try and fool the opposition. We're trying to match player against player. It aint working so maybe its time to get back to basics. Play the one formation. Play people in their natural position. Play the same team of players each week, unless injury or suspension dictates otherwise, and let them gel as the formidable squad they once were.

In the past we've played the same formation and players week in week out with great effect. All those players went out and done a job. They played for each other and no thought was given to who the opposition were. We feared no-one. Other teams feared coming to TCS. Now we're trying to be too tactical. We're setting our team out to try and fool the opposition. We're trying to match player against player. It aint working so maybe its time to get back to basics. Play the one formation. Play people in their natural position. Play the same team of players each week, unless injury or suspension dictates otherwise, and let them gel as the formidable squad they once were.

Hmm that sounds about right. We should employ Kevin Keegan tactics in most of our home games. Free flowing, all out attack. Whats the worst that could happen, losing? We're already almost always losing. And 1 victory is worth as many points as 3 draws. With the crowd behind the team, and opponents having to play a less adventurours, more defensive game, we'd be far less likely to go behind and never recover, as we always do these days. Even if we lost the odd game 5-3, at least we'd have had a go and would have been entertained in the process.

Hmm that sounds about right. We should employ Kevin Keegan tactics in most of our home games. Free flowing, all out attack. Whats the worst that could happen, losing? We're already almost always losing. And 1 victory is worth as many points as 3 draws. With the crowd behind the team, and opponents having to play a less adventurours, more defensive game, we'd be far less likely to go behind and never recover, as we always do these days. Even if we lost the odd game 5-3, at least we'd have had a go and would have been entertained in the process.

Exactly, I would pay to see a fight, a game with a couple of goals FOR US and just all round entertainment which a football game should be. We've lost all but one at home due to negative tactics. Get some heart and bite back in the team and we may lose a couple more but we could also win some which is something hard to fathom with Brewsters Brand Of Bullsh*t!

Have to agree as well. We should be having a go at teams at home. The Hamilton and Falkirk games for example we seemed only content with stopping the opposition scoring, rather than scoring ourselves. When Pele was manager the games used to be great, we won some we lost some but it was always exciting and there was always goals eg ICT 4- Ayr 3. I think if this team was 0-3 at half-time Brew would put on another defender and go for damage limitation whereas Pele would put on 2 forwards.

If you go with at least 2 upfront and 'have a go' fans will be more forgiving even when we lose, it is the negative,boring football which is turning a lot of fans away (me included). The last game I was at was the Falkirk game on a wednesday night. The 1st half was awful and it was a blessing that Falkirk scored because it meant we had to push forward at bit more. The way we started that game was an absolute disgraise, 1 up front everbody else behind the ball and everyone back for corners. I hate Coronation Street but after that performance it was starting to look more and more appealing.