FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Graeme Shinnie

Joe DiMaggio

I would just like to declare my love for Graeme Shinnie.

He was outstanding today, what a performance. One of the best I have ever seen in a Caley top. A huge reason we won this game.

After what he helped us achieve today and hopefully he will go on to lift the cup for ICT, he has made himself a legend at the club. Maybe an imortal legend if he lifts the trophy.

When he leaves for Aberdeen he deserves a standing ovation next season when he returns to Inverness.

• Agree 16

Fully agree, puts to shame all those who called him a traitor and questioned his loyalty to the club and the cause for the rest of the season after signing his pre-contract. True professional and just seems to keep getting better as a player. I hope all those on here who slated him already have the decency to show appriciation on the last home game........how about an applause at 3mins?

• Agree 2

THe 3 minutes applause sounds like a fantastic tribute to a wonderful player and captain ! I for one will be spreading your suggestion to all caley fans I know . I only hope the Aberdeen fans realise how lucky they are to get a player of his outstanding ability for free !!!

Graeme has been my favourite player for some time now and anyone that watches him can't fail to see his quality. I was not happy at his decision to go to Aberdeen just along the road but for me and probably a few others it was a hard pill to swallow but at no point can he be described as a traitor, I hope this was a rare branding. He was absolutely class yesterday, truly showing what he is capable of on a big stage. He was so confident and composed on the ball, he needs to be in a Scotland top soon. Already a legend in my eyes, it would be fitting for him to lift that cup at Hampden.

• Agree 3

Shinnie's performance yesterday was outstanding.  Not just was it the best performance of the day it was probably the best performance of an ICT player this season.  His workrate was phenomenal and the quality of his play outshone that of his multimillion pound opponents.

I thought his performances had been poor in recent weeks but the whole hasn't been firing on all cylinders but he was incredible yesterday. Maintain that incredible standard and I've absolutely no doubts he could play in the English Premiership like Andrew Robertson.

Some boi.

Edited by RiG
  • Agree 1

Recognition for Shinnie as one of Richard Wilsons POY contenders

Graeme Shinnie (Inverness Caledonian Thistle)

Apps: 32 Goals: 2

A modern-day full-back who is just as comfortable surging upfield to join in attacks as he is in carrying out his defensive duties. Shinnie is as skilful and elusive as a winger, and his crossing provides a regular supply of chances for his teammates.

He is increasingly sound as a defender, but at his most composed and exhilarating on the ball, not least because his manager John Hughes urges both of his full-backs to try to overwhelm opposition teams on the flanks.

Shinnie is athletic and industrious, with enough stamina to continually run up and down the left flank, combining defence and attack. He has grown in composure, experience and influence, persuading Aberdeen to sign him on a pre-contract agreement. He will be sorely missed by Inverness.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32405658?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

• Agree 3