FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Falkirk -v- Ict : Matchday Thread

Scotty

What alimci said. Away crowd 542.

Didn't deserve anything but you have to say it was heading for 0-0 as neither team had created anything.

Then a definite push on Lionel before the first goal but the linesman never saw it then awarded a foul when Lionel tackled the boy back. Then a weak header away from Granty who had a terrible game. Finnigan looked offside to me but would have to see it again.

Second goal - we were still in the game and actually did a bit of pressing for once. Typical sucker punch on the break, seemed like Granty phucked it up. Good finish from Stewart.

Right away Imrie had a volley over which would have changed the game and we did chase it for a while but obviously the pen was game over.

Have to say that was as bad as any game under Brewster - we just punted it long and nobody could look up and make a pass. I didn't think Falkirk were much better but they got the breaks at the right time. This could give them a boost and us a right bad blow.

I never usually criticise refs but I thought Murray and the far side linesman today were shocking.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was the best ?21 I've spent in a long time, I'm so glad I went.

We played great football, keeping it on the deck whenever possible. The back line was so organised, inspiring confidence in the rest of the team to show some flair and creativity with the ball.

And special mention to our hosts, who anticipated a larger than usual away support for such a vital game and made sure there were enough sections set out for us. And to the stewards, who kindly showed everyone to their seat and asked if there was anything else they could do to make us feel more welcome.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

That was the best ?21 I've spent in a long time, I'm so glad I went.

We played great football, keeping it on the deck whenever possible. The back line was so organised, inspiring confidence in the rest of the team to show some flair and creativity with the ball.

And special mention to our hosts, who anticipated a larger than usual away support for such a vital game and made sure there were enough sections set out for us. And to the stewards, who kindly showed everyone to their seat and asked if there was anything else they could do to make us feel more welcome.

nice day then :rotflmao:

Theres no other words for that apart from apalling and disaster. How can they go to a game like that and play like they did. It sounded like they were out for a sunday stroll. If that. Lionels turning back into his reliable self. I just cant understand how they can perform as bad as they did in a game as important as this. After listening to the game on the radio the only person who gets pass marks from me is foran. It sounded like he was the only one who cared. It's clear that butcher has tried the arm over the shoulder method which is fair enough but if i was him i would have kicked the players round the dressing room several times. Its time to let rip and make it clear to the players exactly what is at stake as at the moment they dont seem to care to much. Over the next two weeks its run the riot act time and kick the team into shape. I just hope that today acts as a kick up the a**e more than a confidence drainer. Pressley went off injured. Every cloud has a silver lining.

I think the phrase to describe today rhymes with "clucking bell".

A terrible match between two equally terrible teams. How there were four goals at all is anyone's guess.

The first goal looked to all the world like it was miles offside - even Finnigan initially looked like he assumed he was off.

The penalty? No idea what it was for, it was down the other end and no Falkirk player was appealing for it.

Calum Murray was appalling - every time there was a high ball one of our guys got a shove in the back.

Defensively, though, we were a joke. Djebi-Zadi had a mare. I can't remember Grant Munro ever having a worse game. He lost every header to Higdon and his distribution was utterly abysmal. The number of times I saw Mihadjuks sprinting out to wide areas to cover his team mates was astronomical - he is the only one of the back four who doesn't deserve a total kick up the arse. There is certainly a case for Hastings to return to the team - either at left back or centre back.

God knows what we were doing in the first half, lobbing high balls at Imrie and Rooney. Blackie barely got a kick in the first 45 because the ball kept being punted over his head. Proctor kept wandering in field and we had about as much width as Kate Moss. Only in the second period did we finally start putting into the channels and getting Foran in the box. Until the second goal, you would have said we were well on top.

In conclusion, a complete, unmitigated disaster. And in front of a phenomenal away support as well.

Truth.........................a call from Butcher for a twelfth man and 540 odd souls turn out to cheer on their team. Such a pity the team didn't turn up.

Even realising we'd be playing against 13 in the opposition team, two of them wearing yellow, we should have played them of the park. But no!! That would be too sensible. We didn't string two passes together all game. Every player was guilty of winning ball then giving it back. Even Ian Black was nothing like his usual self today. The only stand out for me was Rossco. He at least tried to create but we dont have recievers for the crosses into the box.

Why oh why do our players become frightened of the ball. They're supposed to be footballers so why cant they play football. Nobody wanted to dribble, nobody wanted to create, nobody wanted to hold the ball. Get it and punt it, get it and punt it. That was our game plan today.

Utterly appalling performance this afternoon. Caley Thistle just didn't turn up in anything that could remotely be described as an SPL football team. Grant had a nightmare, Dougie was posted missing for huge parts of the game, Richie didn't seem part of the team, Rooney was wasted. The only ICT player who had a half decent game was Pavels. Shocking, shocking, shocking. I still can't believe it was a Caley Thistle team who put in such a dire performance. The fans were, as usual, tremendous and easily outsang the 5,000 Bairns fans.

:thumb04: :rotflmao: :018:

Well, that was feckin mince :rotflmao:

Only Pav, and Foran looked like they cared, and got pass marks.

The rest were dire. Some were even worse than that though, step forward Imrie and Munro.

Imrie is just *****, simple as that. He can have all the committment he likes, but to be honest I'd prefer a bit of skill, or at least the ability to pass to someone in the same colour shirt as yerself. Oh, and having the touch and control of a blind elephant does his cause no favours either. Get Morais in there.

As for Munro...he's been rubbish all season, but today he was complete mince. I'm getting sick of his constant hoofs up the park, or more often out of it. The guy needs dropping immediately, he's a liabilty. If it hadn't been for Pav alongside him today, then it could've been even more embarrassing.

Oh aye, was Duncan playing today? Just that I can't remember him on the pitch at all.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Duncan and Kerr are really alike when the ball arrives at there feet they just kick it the way there facing dont even look up or anything. Was gutted to see duncan in the team thought vigurs should get a run in midfield maybe add a spark to midfield get them attack more.

If we dropped munro for one game or whatever who would fill his place??? i say Duff but we all no butcher wont drop him. So he will be doing the same every fecking week till end of season just hitting balls up the field and hoping some one will go for it

As for Munro...he's been rubbish all season, but today he was complete mince. I'm getting sick of his constant hoofs up the park, or more often out of it. The guy needs dropping immediately, he's a liabilty.

Ive been a caley fan for a good few years and i cant remember there ever being any decent competition for munros place in the team. I feel he has become over confident of his place in the team. He is one of the ones who really does need a boot up the a**e.

I read through this forum daily but it is very rare that I post but having just spent ?42 admission and ?50 fuel and 9 hours of my life I can never get back I just have to post.

Today was not only annoying to the unst degree but above all embarassing. My wife and myself have followed ICT home and away for years now and today was the first time we have ever left a game early because of the way our team has been playing.

To pick out individual players would be unfair but FECK IT, Russell Duncan and Grant Munro were Div 3 at best today.

We dont seem to be able to put two results together so I live in hope that St Mirren will suffer in a fortnight.

Guest Muir-Jaggie

As for Munro...he's been rubbish all season, but today he was complete mince. I'm getting sick of his constant hoofs up the park, or more often out of it. The guy needs dropping immediately, he's a liabilty.

Ive been a caley fan for a good few years and i cant remember there ever being any decent competition for munros place in the team. I feel he has become over confident of his place in the team. He is one of the ones who really does need a boot up the a**e.

He nos he will always be in the team and since hes captain no1 will replace him

You think Esson shold be playing centre back?

Listened on the radio, and that was close enough for me. Looking forward to the BBC video, to try to get to the truth of some of these flash points.

Will try to keep these comments as constructive as possible re ICT.

I thought that it looked like a completly different ICT team to that which played us in the cup. Your man who was sent off in that game, sold the 1st goal again today.

To be honest, 4-0 possibly flattered us, however after we scored I dont think I felt nervous at all that you would score unlike the cup game where I crapped it every time you went up the park.

Good crowd from you guys, possibly the most since 2005 when you were the 1st SPL visitors to The Bairnabau. I beleieve you had 500 out of the 5500 crowd. Your 50 laddies at the front certainly kept the songs going until the Home fans found their voices in the 2nd half.

I like the journey up the A9 twice a season so lets hope Killie/Saints swap places with us both.

This is too true. We were at our best this season when Butcher first arrived as players are forced to raise their game to retain a place in the first team. Munro is in need of another player to be vying for his place in the team. I personally would like to see Rossco sporting the captain's armband as based on today's performance he is the only player who cares.

Will try to keep these comments as constructive as possible re ICT.

I thought that it looked like a completly different ICT team to that which played us in the cup. Your man who was sent off in that game, sold the 1st goal again today.

To be honest, 4-0 possibly flattered us, however after we scored I dont think I felt nervous at all that you would score unlike the cup game where I crapped it every time you went up the park.

Good crowd from you guys, possibly the most since 2005 when you were the 1st SPL visitors to The Bairnabau. I beleieve you had 500 out of the 5500 crowd. Your 50 laddies at the front certainly kept the songs going until the Home fans found their voices in the 2nd half.

I like the journey up the A9 twice a season so lets hope Killie/Saints swap places with us both.

Ceske, as someone who used to live in the area and go watch the Bairns from time to time it saddens me to see a team that, once could play football, cheat their way to success.

We were absolutely crap, and there's every chance that if you'd actually played you'd have won anyway, but the blatant cheating and Murray in your pocket was so obvious it was embarrassing.

Not quite sure of any incidents we "cheated" today, however if there was or indeed at any game, its up to the refs to clamp down no?

I would say since the turn of the year we have looked a more physical/dirtier team, however you want to put it, but if that keeps us in the league, I personally cant complain. If the shoe was on the other foot mind you....

Guest Muir-Jaggie

I would say since the turn of the year we have looked a more physical/dirtier team

Like all the other SPL teams from the central belt. DIRTY FECKIN CHEATS!!! with the ref always on there side since they favour the central belt clubs we will always have a harder game

I would say since the turn of the year we have looked a more physical/dirtier team

Like all the other SPL teams from the central belt. DIRTY FECKIN CHEATS!!! with the ref always on there side since they favour the central belt clubs we will always have a harder game

Guys, your clutching at straws if you actually believe there is a "Central belt bias" :thumb04:

Very Old Firm esque :rotflmao:

Refs are just bad in general.

Not quite sure of any incidents we "cheated" today, however if there was or indeed at any game, its up to the refs to clamp down no?

I would say since the turn of the year we have looked a more physical/dirtier team, however you want to put it, but if that keeps us in the league, I personally cant complain. If the shoe was on the other foot mind you....

I counted at least 4 incidents of blatant diving where it didn't work but Murray took no action on the perpetrators. You guys have gone from a good footballing team to a shower of dirty cheating barstewards

Guest Muir-Jaggie

Ceske everyone nos that the refs favour the central belt teams. Aberdeen had it the same a few seasons ago