FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Reporters Wanted !

Scotty

We have a vacancy ... or several vacancies really. The pay is lousy (ie, there is none), the conditions are worse (you have to speak to me and CaleyD), and the thanks are virtually non-existent (although mistakes will be jumped on from a great height by the forum members).

Ok, so now the disclaimer is out of the way, here is the description.

As some of you may know, we have an "editorial team". This team comprises of a few bodies who provide our previews, reports and other stories. Unfortunately, in recent months, this team has dwindled as people are too busy or have other things going on in their lives ..... so we are looking to freshen it up a bit.

We are looking for people who are willing and able to provide stories, previews, reports and such like for publication on the site. You dont need to be a professional journalist or anything like that, just willing and able to string a few sentences together to form an interesting and coherent story. Even spelling is not a huge issue as thats what spell checkers were made for !!!

The main stories we tend to look for from our editorial team are things like match previews & match reports but there are loads of other things that can be done too ....

you could scour Teletext or other websites for ICT related stories (or just use the feeds we publish on the board), you could help write a story about something that has appeared in the papers or on the official site, you could think ahead and do a story about something that is up and coming ... for example, Ross tokely is likely to make his 500th appearance this season so a review of his career would be good. You could even be a "photo-journalist" and write a story each week accompanied by photos of our fans descruibing the day out and atmosphere which we would publish and/or add to our gallery (since I think its still forbidden to take photos of the actual match unless you are accredited like Peter, Trevor and Gordon). If you have a particular interest, you could even do a regular column for the site - we have some ex-pats on here, what about football in your area or any funny or ICT related things. I intend to get back into doing this myself as the Toronto contingent of ICT fans is ever growing thanks to my constant chatter about them.

So if any of that has peaked your interest or if you have any ideas and are interested in helping out the website while getting your thoughts and opinions published, please let us know.

Guest birdog

You know me Scotty, too much time on my hands(for half the year), opinionated, love to type reams of useless info. I would like to offer my services if you can find a space for me, it might even keep me from thinking too much and manufacturing heated discussions for the purpose of creating a relief in boredom. It's got to be better than "Mafia wars" and "Farm town" on Facebook.

Given my past conflicts with your team I am not expecting a positive response but the offer is there.

You know me Scotty, too much time on my hands(for half the year), opinionated, love to type reams of useless info. I would like to offer my services if you can find a space for me, it might even keep me from thinking too much and manufacturing heated discussions for the purpose of creating a relief in boredom. It's got to be better than "Mafia wars" and "Farm town" on Facebook.

Given my past conflicts with your team I am not expecting a positive response but the offer is there.

Mafia wars rockes, hours have been wasted when i should really be fixing stuff and helping in the house.....level 100 now...

The editorial team is different to the mod team (although all mods are part of it by default) so any differences we may have had with you as a group are inconsequential.

I would also add that gender and age are not barriers to this either.

If someone wants to help out, and the quality of the stories they produce is acceptable, then they are welcome to be part of the team.

Guest birdog

Sounds good Scotty.

Just a thought from me, since the position is so open, why not set up one of your CTO mail addresses as stories@ or reporters@ then anyone would be free to send in their contributions and you can use the best of them for your site.

Me and Mannie will volunteer to check out local watering holes for quality of drink/food/travel distance to the stadium.

Oh.. on a serious note, the bar in the main stand at East End park was excellent, they do food during the week and match days the place is bouncing, cheap drink and no far to get to yer seat!!

I'm sure ICT could use the Kingsmills suite to something similar, what views and handy for parking too.

Edited by caley100

Just a thought from me, since the position is so open, why not set up one of your CTO mail addresses as stories@ or reporters@ then anyone would be free to send in their contributions and you can use the best of them for your site.

Not a bad idea. Given the responses in here so far, I think it may end up being a two-tier system. publishing an email address for submissions is a good idea and would work for those who might want to send in an occasional article.

However, for those who want to contribute on a more regular basis, we will add them to the editorial group and you will be able to access the discussions about who is doing what in terms of reports, previews and ideas for other articles.

I have had a number of questions via PM and a few comments here saying "what do you want me to do" or "let me know what you want" .... but our idea is the other way around !!! Apart from previews and reports from each match which do tend to follow a format or pattern and need to be submitted by a certain time, and the odd press release from the club, the content is more or less up to the users to come up with. We are not going to dictate things, nor are we going to be handing out assignments ..... write what you like, whether its breaking news, human interest stuff, opinion pieces, or even fanzine style humour .... so long as it is truthful (for news) or not too over the top (for fanzine type stuff) then we will consider it.

bagsy rossco's 500th game.

I have a story outline in mind but this will likely be worked on by many people within the Ed Team. You are however welcome to submit your contribution.

Me and Mannie will volunteer to check out local watering holes for quality of drink/food/travel distance to the stadium.

Oh.. on a serious note, the bar in the main stand at East End park was excellent, they do food during the week and match days the place is bouncing, cheap drink and no far to get to yer seat!! I'm sure ICT could use the Kingsmills suite to something similar, what views and handy for parking too.

Pub Guide could actually be a good thing you know (but we aint paying your expenses, especially if IHE is involved !!!!). We did have one once but it faded away ......

As a budding young journalist I wouldn't mind chipping in when needed :022:

As mentioned above, apart from the regular articles we need (previews/reports) we are leaving the rest as a pretty blank canvas so you are welcome to join the team as a regular contributor and suggest stories or submit occasional stuff as you want to.

Hi Scotty,

I'd be delighted to contribute if I can - I know you've been happy to use match reports from me on the site in the past.

erm, you are already on the list and able to see the Editorial Area ...... :022:

ok, those making offers have been given access to the editorial area ..... we will look at what you submit to us over the coming weeks and if its decent enough or interesting enough we will let you stay :lol:

Guest andynkaj

have you considered putting video highlights on to your site. i would be interested in this field. other fan sites are producing edited highlights of their games. they have obtained the required authorisation from clubs and the sfl to carry out this practice

We have a vacancy ... or several vacancies really. The pay is lousy (ie, there is none), the conditions are worse (you have to speak to me and CaleyD), and the thanks are virtually non-existent (although mistakes will be jumped on from a great height by the forum members).

Ok, so now the disclaimer is out of the way, here is the description.

As some of you may know, we have an "editorial team". This team comprises of a few bodies who provide our previews, reports and other stories. Unfortunately, in recent months, this team has dwindled as people are too busy or have other things going on in their lives ..... so we are looking to freshen it up a bit.

We are looking for people who are willing and able to provide stories, previews, reports and such like for publication on the site. You dont need to be a professional journalist or anything like that, just willing and able to string a few sentences together to form an interesting and coherent story. Even spelling is not a huge issue as thats what spell checkers were made for !!!

The main stories we tend to look for from our editorial team are things like match previews & match reports but there are loads of other things that can be done too ....

you could scour Teletext or other websites for ICT related stories (or just use the feeds we publish on the board), you could help write a story about something that has appeared in the papers or on the official site, you could think ahead and do a story about something that is up and coming ... for example, Ross tokely is likely to make his 500th appearance this season so a review of his career would be good. You could even be a "photo-journalist" and write a story each week accompanied by photos of our fans descruibing the day out and atmosphere which we would publish and/or add to our gallery (since I think its still forbidden to take photos of the actual match unless you are accredited like Peter, Trevor and Gordon). If you have a particular interest, you could even do a regular column for the site - we have some ex-pats on here, what about football in your area or any funny or ICT related things. I intend to get back into doing this myself as the Toronto contingent of ICT fans is ever growing thanks to my constant chatter about them.

So if any of that has peaked your interest or if you have any ideas and are interested in helping out the website while getting your thoughts and opinions published, please let us know.