FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Partick Th :Matchday Thread

Scotty

I think we laked defence.

They just sorta stood of the ball and watched it.

Rossco and Golabek were big misses!

I understand that there was a massive effort before the game to try and get Rossco fit enough to play.

good :024:

so do you think he will be fit for sunday?

Doesnt matter he's suspended.

How is he suspended?

Got booked at Partick and must have been booked previously I asume.

alright :). Any news on Golabek?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just said that on another thread jay....Jay and Georgeios's Taxi's!!! its the future

Only just read that now. Great minds think alike obviously. Productivity related pay - it's the only sensible option at the moment.

looks like letting Hastings go, another balls up. International player, experienced defender who can play at fullback and centre half and we send him out on loan WTF.

Why didnt TB play Hastings? When he arrived he always started with Lionel for some weired reason

From what I heard Hastings got a bit mouthy as he wasnt in the team, but for fecks sake who wouldn't get mouthy if LDZ was picked before them

Last few games Rooney has come on he has made a big difference and by the fans sitting around me seem to like this new Rooney. Once again Esson pulled of some cracking saves to keep us in the game. Does anyone know why Golly and Tokely never played? (cant be bothered reading through the whole thread)

The scoreline at the end of the match was in no way representative of the overall performance from the team today.

from the start we looked like we were going to be second to every ball, and it continued like that for the rest of the match. Even when we were just 1 goal away froma good point we didn't grab hold of the game and every de.ivery into the box was poor. The only plus from the entire game was that rooney made a big impression when he came on and hayes was at his best again.

As for foran being captain, dont make me laugh. Anyone who saw his pitiful display last week would realise that every challenge he makes is a token one and he doesn't have half the leadership qualities that munro has.

Moment of the match: lionel coming on to a good reception and the good old 'he's here he's there'. Then proceeding to give the ball away with his first touch.

looks like letting Hastings go, another balls up. International player, experienced defender who can play at fullback and centre half and we send him out on loan WTF.

Why didnt TB play Hastings? When he arrived he always started with Lionel for some weired reason

From what I heard Hastings got a bit mouthy as he wasnt in the team, but for fecks sake who wouldn't get mouthy if LDZ was picked before them

Right..so maybe the players arent keen on the way TB does things. Remember that bust up between Esson and TB. Drops out best keeper to the bench.

TB needs to try his best and keep the same team. As he even had the same team two games in a row?

As for foran being captain, dont make me laugh. Anyone who saw his pitiful display last week would realise that every challenge he makes is a token one and he doesn't have half the leadership qualities that munro has.

and you think that Grants clapping his guys is a better way to get the players going, foran i beleve would if given the added responsibilty become a better player too!! that way our team is showing him the respect IMO the man is due.

Moment of the match: lionel coming on to a good reception and the good old 'he's here he's there'. Then proceeding to give the ball away with his first touch.

That first touch made me wonder if he's colour blind, or has some kind of difficulty differentiating between strips....

He does it so often.... delivers an inch perfect pass to a man in a bit of space. Unfortunately that man isn't always a team-mate.

Wow. I thought I'd been watching a different Barrowman with everyone saying he was rubbish today before seeing your reply. I thought he looked well up for it in the first half and made some great runs with the ball. Was really surprised he was hooked at half time and Duncan still on. I must admit I was calling for either Duncan or McBain to dome into the midfield and add some experience but Duncan was woeful.

Agree with most other stuff that's been written though, defence and central midfield were terrible. I'm missing all of next months home games due to work, maybe a blessing in disguise!

In regards to georgieos, foran is in no way fit to lead that team. Munro imo has been a cracking captain so far in the 1st division. Mom against the pars and defending very well in every match so far.

Dunno if you noticed, you might have done as i suspect that you sit pretty close to myself, but munro was the only player berating the rest of the defence for the first goal. Foran was already half way up the park. Maybe i just hold grudges for too long, but the shift he put in up front against morton was shocking, even more so after travelling to that hellhole and spending a small fortune doing so. I seem to remember the days when every player in the caley team put in a shift no matter what, is it butcher or brewsters fault that this is no longer the case?

I thought Duncan was poor but singling him out is harsh. Why are people blaming him for the second when the whole back four was halfway up the park and Russell was the only one trying to catch Buchanan. Same with the third - the back four was posted missing and after Archibald tapped it in it was Duncan picking it out the net as again he was the only man on the scene.

I would have given MOM to Johnny Hayes not Foran.

Im not singling him out for THIS game, his chasing was partly to try and cover for his inabilitys to be honest, if Ross has the whole 90 mins on today, Id have given it to Ross.

If you wanted me to point at the person to blame on the pitch then id say BALVITIS

I thought Duncan was poor but singling him out is harsh. Why are people blaming him for the second when the whole back four was halfway up the park and Russell was the only one trying to catch Buchanan. Same with the third - the back four was posted missing and after Archibald tapped it in it was Duncan picking it out the net as again he was the only man on the scene.

Hayes did well..... Foran did score a decent goal, but my MoM was Nick Ross...

looks like a really good prospect to me.

Dunno if you noticed, you might have done as i suspect that you sit pretty close to myself, but munro was the only player berating the rest of the defence for the first goal. Foran was already half way up the park. Maybe i just hold grudges for too long, but the shift he put in up front against morton was shocking, even more so after travelling to that hellhole and spending a small fortune doing so. I seem to remember the days when every player in the caley team put in a shift no matter what, is it butcher or brewsters fault that this is no longer the case?

I went to this match grudge free, to find my grudges were well founded, however, when the first two went in he was trying to gee them up, the only time i saw Grant have a proper go was when Esson had the ball in his hands and Balvitis still went up and knocked it out of them, this was mearly a "F%^7" and his hands up on to his head towards Balvitis, it that was me running the pitch Id have gone toe to tow with him and made sure in my best Easter Accent that he was being a dick not just looked and gestured he should have listened for Essons shout!

Hayes did well..... Foran did score a decent goal, but my MoM was Nick Ross...

looks like a really good prospect to me.

I agree with that big time

If you wanted me to point at the person to blame on the pitch then id say BALVITIS

There was 11 players on that pitch today and i dont see why we should single one player

you cant blame someone for doing the job they were ment to do.... its the ones that dont!!

I was at the match today. During the first half and having nothing better to do, I read the match programme. In it TB says "I've been really pleased with all the players that I've brought in." "It's a strong start" and "I've been pleased with the way we've handled things". Clearly he's easily pleased.

Esson - Three goals conceded at home and he played well - says a lot about the defence in front of him

Proctor - very poor

Munro - OK but not a leader. Good cross for the 2nd goal

Bulvitis - Dreadful. Nearly as bad as Lionel against County

Shinnie - Promising debut. Showed good skill going forward and passed well. But a bit lightweight for the back four perhaps.

Cox - Pretty anonymous today. Need much more commitment from someone playing in the middle of the park.

Ross - Excellent. Started to play really well when the rest of team realised he was actually in the team and not just warming up on the touchline, Made a couple of telling runs into the box and a couple of crosses which just needed a touch. Encoraged by this, TB promptly took him off so that Lionel could come on and give the ball back to Partick.

Duncan - I've always been a fan of Duncan. Much of what he does is under appreciated by many of the fans. Today was the worst I've seen him play. No idea why TB left him on the park.

Foran - No doubting his commitment and bravery. He did very well to get on the end of Munros cross for the 2nd goal but I remain to be convinced that he should be in the starting line up.

Barrowman - Wouldn't have been my choice to come off at half time but then he shouldn't have been on the park in the first place. Gave the away support who were sitting wide of the goal some catching practice but at least he had a go.

Hayes - My MOTM. Prepared to take players on and did well to win the penalty. Creating a lot of threat down the left in the 2nd half so TB switched him to the right.

Sanchez - Didn't do too much today. Shouldn't be taking corners.

Rooney - Barrowman on for 45 minutes: ICT 0 - Partick 3. Rooney on for 30 minutes: ICT 2 - Partick 0. There's other factors of course but Rooney always poses a threat and it was his introduction that really sparked the revival. He needs to be on from the start.

Djebi-Zadi - Oh dear! First touch was to give the ball away. However, if he hadn't got sucked too far into the box, his first touch should have been to stick the ball in the back of the net.

Butcher. Did well to bring Shinnie and Ross into the starting line up but why take them off? Taking off Ross and bringing on LDZ must rank as one of the most barking mad substitutions ever. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt and to prove us doubters wrong but surely there can't still be ICT supporters who are not worried about the way he is managing this campaign.

Thank you Ryan Esson for making the score look respectable. If it wasn't for you we'd have been staring at a 6 or 7 goals against!! Hayes was easily our best player and Foran did ok too. We rallied for the last 10 minutes, as Partick sat back, but truth be told had we equalised it would have been completely undeserved.

WTF has happened to this club? It was only a few months ago we had a squad including the likes of Black, Cowie, Rankin, Wilson, ...... That team has been well and truly dismantled and we've paid the price for that with relegation and now struggling in the 1st division with a team full of fairies !

ICT is now a feckin shambles on and off the park. The only thing holding this club together is TB's PR !

What feckin state will the club be in come the end of the season when TB & MM depart along with half the current squad who's contracts are up? Doesn't bear thinking about does it?

:rolleyes: :024: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008:

Thank you Ryan Esson for making the score look respectable. If it wasn't for you we'd have been staring at a 6 or 7 goals against!! Hayes was easily our best player and Foran did ok too. We rallied for the last 10 minutes, as Partick sat back, but truth be told had we equalised it would have been completely undeserved.

WTF has happened to this club? It was only a few months ago we had a squad including the likes of Black, Cowie, Rankin, Wilson, ...... That team has been well and truly dismantled and we've paid the price for that with relegation and now struggling in the 1st division with a team full of fairies !

ICT is now a feckin shambles on and off the park. The only thing holding this club together is TB's PR !

What feckin state will the club be in come the end of the season when TB & MM depart along with half the current squad who's contracts are up? Doesn't bear thinking about does it?

:rolleyes: :024: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008: :008:

It could just save the club financially though, if we're in the second.