FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

ICT -V- Partick Th :Matchday Thread

Scotty

What are you seeing in him that makes you think that, I am not saying he is not the man for the job, just failing to see it myself, in fact apart from his PR skills I am failing to see what makes him any better than Brewster

To be critical is fine, however we are not playing like we where under Brewster.

Yes we got beat, however out with the last 15mins of the first half we were by far the better team.

We are suffering badly from injuries at the moment, particularly in defense.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Butcher got the subs right and still think he is the man for us - we are missing rossco and imrie, and could do with some experience on the park in McBain and Golabek. We also need a regular starting 11, as changing things week in week out is causing too much confusion on the park.

Rooney and Sanchez were great when they cam on, and perhaps a draw would have been jutified. Unfortunately it wasnt to be

He got his subs right?

He took off our best player late in the game and replaced him with Lionel.

What are you seeing in him that makes you think that, I am not saying he is not the man for the job, just failing to see it myself, in fact apart from his PR skills I am failing to see what makes him any better than Brewster

To be critical is fine, however we are not playing like we where under Brewster.

Yes we got beat, however out with the last 15mins of the first half we were by far the better team.

I hope I am wrong but I am not so sure his managerial abilities are much better.

Perhaps if he had not given a player like LDZ a contract and taken in a defender that could defend we would be a bit better covered for injuries

I hope I am wrong but I am not so sure his managerial abilities are much better.

Whether they (his abilities) are good enough only time will tell.

My point is that we do not have a Manager who has lost the dressing room, nor do we have an Assistant who is ridiculed by most of the players as being, to quote one, a "joke".

Whether they (his abilities) are good enough only time will tell.

My point is that we do not have a Manager who has lost the dressing room, nor do we have an Assistant who is ridiculed by most of the players as being, to quote one, a "joke".

Yes I agree with you there.

Our home form is just desperate. I might start supporting Queen of the South if we continue like this.

glory hunter :lol:

In answer to Stevico's question, I think Butcher is still looking for a perfect starting 11 after having been without 2 of his backbone players so far this season - i mean, of course, rossco and dougie imrie.

The only 2 occasions I dont think he's had it right this season were the derby defeat and today. He said before the airdrie match that we would struggle, and we did. He had the team spot on for 'well in mid week.

And in answer to Johnboy, i thought that substitution was a weird on at the time, yet could see what he (buthcer) was doing. He brought Hayes over to the right from the left and got a bigger tagert in the box for the balls that were flying in. Zadi, i think, did not too bad when he came on and won us a free kick that could have turned into our equaliser.

I think we laked defence.

They just sorta stood of the ball and watched it.

Rossco and Golabek were big misses!

I understand that there was a massive effort before the game to try and get Rossco fit enough to play.

good :lol:

so do you think he will be fit for sunday?

Where to start?

Does anyone else still disagree that Duncan is ******* ****? He should have been punted long ago. Same goes for Barrowman. I shudder to think how much both are milking from us to do absolutely **** all.

Bulvitis - You sir are fast getting on my tits. Either up your game or you can just **** off in January.

Shinnie and Ross were a breath of fresh air today. I look forward to seeing them in the team more often.

Hayes should have been MotM.

To summarise, this just isn't acceptable. We need a midfielder capable of taking charge of the game, Duncan and Stratford clearly aren't up to the task.

I hope as i said all the Duncan is the man folk will not take a piece of the humble pie and face facts...

scotty..the point im making is where was partick playing there football last season div 1 inverness were playing top flight football in the spl thats the diffrence..

There is very little difference between a bottom half SPL team and a top half SFL1 team and to call them a "pub team" is arrogant in the extreme .... I guess WE are the pub team now ... after all, we ARE in the bottom half of the SFL1 !

Golly - Dude i didnt see you much at all.....

Wasnt playing !!!

DOH!!! to me it wouldnt have made any difference if any of the back line really showed up!!

I hate it when people leave games early, but it took every Oz of my self respect to stay, if it wasnt for the crack from the back and that old guy just behind me shouting some good advice at duncan that made me stay.

best quote from todays game for we was

"Duncan lets get back to basics.... Thats a ******* ball!!"

Edited by Georgeios

I understand that there was a massive effort before the game to try and get Rossco fit enough to play.

good :024:

Doesnt matter he's suspended.

How is he suspended?

How is he suspended?

Got booked at Partick and must have been booked previously I asume.

yellow cardtastic.

Oh ive got another idea....FORAN FOR CAPTAIN!!!! his passion for the win is second to none!!! Grants clapping... pink fluffy, Foran losing the plot..... thats the inspartaion!

Surely Terry is well within his rights to get the squad told "Right lads, you are playing for your wages this week. ***** performances will mean fines and docked wages. Go out there and get the job done."

I just said that on another thread jay....Jay and Georgeios's Taxi's!!! its the future

Renegade's results are in:

Esson - :022: :022: :022: - Did the best he could today but was let down by a shocking defence. Went forward in the last minute as well. Thistle could've scored four or five if it wasn't for him.

Proctor - :020: :020: :020: - Absolutely shocking. Has no idea what to do and Tokely can't come back soon enough.

Bulvitis - :blink: :020: :020: - Punt back to Latvia please. Today's winner of the wooden spoon award. Absolutely dreadful, another one who knows hee haw about what to do. Just rubbish.

Munro - :022: - Did the best he could with what he had today. Decent cross for the second goal as well.

Shinnie - :022: :022: :022: - Very good league debut. Decent crosser, decent passer, good going forward. Definately one for the future.

Ross - :022: :022: :022: - Another decent debut. Good going forward and put the effort in.

Cox - :blink: - Not in the game at all today.

Duncan - :( :( :( - Another contender for the Wooden Spoon Award. Can't pass to save his life, a poor first touch and a dreadful header and mistake for the second goal. I was calling for him to be included this week but at this rate he doesn't deserve to be included. Utter, utter rubbish. Bring back McBain.

Hayes - :024: :) :) - Not in the game much in the first half but was good in the second. Decent pace and decent attacking. Certainly put the effort in.

Barrowman - :024: - At times looked to do okay but isn't getting the distribution he needs at all. Suprised to see him taken off at half time too.

Foran - :thumb04: :thumb04: :thumb04: - Put the effort in for 90 minutes and took his goal well.

SUBS

Rooney - :thumb04: - Looked decent when he came on and took his penalty well.

Sanchez - :huh: - Don't see what all the fuss is about at all. What exactly does he add to the team? If the ball ain't right in front of him he doesn't know what to do, and seems petrified to shoot. There was times he just didn't look interested as well and his free kicks and corners were terrible.

Djebi-Zadi - :mellow: - Put the effort in but his first touch constantly lets him down. Should've gone into the centre-forward postiton but stayed too much on the wing.

Butcher/Malpas - :( - So much for the "three pronged attack", the first half was all punt, punt, punt. 3 down at half time and he sticks to 4-4-2 and takes a striker off. It's not what a decent manager would do. And it's not just that, half the team seemed disinterested in the first half and there was no fight in them at all. Ball control was shocking too, for most of the squad and they should be working on that in training.

Referee - Not too bad, maybe gave a couple of free kicks the wrong way but did alright. Perhaps a penalty for hand ball in the last couple of minutes as well but nor he nor the linesman had any chance of seeing it.

Edited by Renegade

looks like letting Hastings go, another balls up. International player, experienced defender who can play at fullback and centre half and we send him out on loan WTF.

Why didnt TB play Hastings? When he arrived he always started with Lionel for some weired reason