Scotty

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just come in from that debacle now...

I've never seen 3 goals gift wrapped within a 10 minute spell like that in my life before. Our defence should be questioned about possible match fixing after that.

The fight back - about 20 minutes from the end was too little too late. Good goal by Foran.

Nick Ross was the only guy who looked likely to achieve anything for us - what does TB do? Take him off for Lionel - unbelievable!

scotty..the point im making is where was partick playing there football last season div 1 inverness were playing top flight football in the spl thats the diffrence..

I know what you are saying Jim but at present there are very few players in our squad that are SPL quality unlike the team that won promotion the last time we were in 1st division when a good number of them could easily have made the step up

Edited by stevico1

scotty..the point im making is where was partick playing there football last season div 1 inverness were playing top flight football in the spl thats the diffrence..

I know what you are saying Jim but at present there are very few players in our squad that are SPL quality unlike the team that won promotion the last time we were in 1st division when a good number of them could easily have made the step up

After todays showings Stevie there are very few that are of SFL quality.

First half we were well on top til they got their first. Then it all fell apart. Special mention for the entire defence, Duncan, and Barrowman for being a comlete waste of time.

Second half much better, but then Partick sat back and tried to defend their lead.

Only positives for me were Esson, who made some crucial saves, Hayes, and Ross.

We'll be struggling to maintain crowds at the 2000 level at this rate. Anyone who had any pretensions we'd get straight out of this league best think again. Bottom half of the table I reckon.

10 minutes of madness at the end of the first half cost us dearly.

There was nothing between the teams for the first half an hour then we just imploded. The first was a bit of stramash in the box but our defenders just seemed to be playing musical statues till Buchanan flicked it in The second was a Russell Duncan disaster and the third was actually a really well worked goal by Partick.

In the 2nd Esson kept us in the game with 2 fantastic saves as we really should have been 5-0 down and we couldn't have complained.

Then Partick decided to defend what they had and only then did we come back into the game. It was exciting stuff in the end when we looked like we might sneak an undeserved point but it wasn't to be.

Our home form is soul destroying :blink:

Edited by kencar

I think the worst thing about this game is that we were not that bad. We fell apart for 5 minutes but apart from that we were fairly comfortable. However we never looked like scoring in the first half and we still didnt look like scoring untill we got the pen (which was a stone waller). The last 15 mintues we dominated and we just never got the bounce of the ball in the box. Ryan Esson did well in the second half and kept us with a glimmer of hope.

But if you are wanting to win the league you cant afford to play ok at home and then concede 3 goals within 5 mins. We should have won that today so it is a shambles that we didnt

I would love to make excuses that we can still win the league as the players are still gelling together but I dont think we can win the league cos if you cant win 3 home games in a row against none of the big teams in the league (if you want to call them that) is unacceptable.

I was glad at the start of the match to see Stratford and Eagle out of the starting 11. What was wrong with Golly?.

Nick Ross didnt get much of a chance to shine in the first half but he grew into the game and was playing really well just before he was subbed. Duncan did better than Stratford but he was at fault for the second goal and needs to try and take more time when he has the ball. Shinnie I thought was pretty good in all for his first league start. He could be a good player in the future (that also shows how much Butcher has lost faith in Lionel)

Bulvitis was a shambles as well today. He always seemed to be passing the ball to the Partick Attackers

We will need to get so much better if we are going to even challenge for the title but after 7 games I now have come to accept that we will not be getting promoted this year

Utter mince Butcher.

That first half was perhaps the worst I have ever seen from an ICT team in our history. Partick Thistle were absolutly garbage, but they were made to look like world beaters such was the level of disorganization and incompetence. Our defending was a joke. If it weren't for Esson we would have conceded 5 or 6 today. And we were no better at the other end. What the f*ck is the point in playing with wingers if you never give them the ball and simply keep pumping aimless high balls to the static duo of Barrowman and Foran? We only started to create chances when we reverted to the 3-4-3 and actually gave Johnny Hayes and Nick Ross the ball. Too little too late. And even then, Butcher took Ross off while he was tearing Partick apart, and stuck Djebi Zadi out on the wing, cold off the bench. :blink:

We have to start our next home game playing the same way we finished today. I really hope Butcher realizes the problem.

The only players who earned pass marks today were the goalie and the wingers. If Barroman or Duncan start next week it'll be a disgrace.

Gutted we didnt get the equaliser but at least we got 2 goals & a more respectable result .

Man of the match for me was Nick Ross , what a quality player :blink: :D :025:

Some of the more experienced could take lessons from him !!

( I too felt a bit better when i heard County got beat !)

Edited by Fanoffooty

I dont understand were losing 3 nil at half time and Butcher puts on Sanchez now correct me if I wrong but Rooney would have been the better choice surely - at least he battles and will try to make things happen - if im honest i think Butcher should have put Rooney and Sanchez on.

Great peno - thought we might have got a point from the match. I still think Foran should be played on the wing with Rooney and Sanchez ( or Barrowman) up front. Hopefully we will play better next week.

Come on Caley

Thats me just back, i have to get a couple of things of my chest first...

when we were two goals down, id just like to say the stroppy **** that was sitting over towards the bridge that stood up and started telling folk to shut up and get behind them please get a grip, hats off to the singing section for not biting defusing the small group of get behing the team comments, were they watching the same half we were.....

Also Foran.. I watched you today and i feel for you big yin, your goal showed to me how committed you were to us, you threw yourself at that ball, and in my eyes sir if you walked away from us i do not blame you!!!

one last thing......well i'll cover a couple of things... Terry what the **** and why...

I gave Duncan my time and to be honest if anyone who says im wrong in saying he is **** watched him to day, please please get the rose tints off from 4 years ago, he was as exspected ******* USELESS!!!! **** Off

Nick Ross..... You are some lad and as a young one some folk in our team should be watching you close!! my good man you impressed me no end in the second half you ran rings and put some quality balls in to the box too wee man I just hope im not the only one who saw this.... I say this because.....

WHAT THE **** WAS BUTCHER WATCHING SEEING OR THINKING WHEN HE TOOK YOU OFF FOR A LB!!!!! LDZ AND LEFT DUNCAN ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ross was IMO the fire in out belly towards the end and like i said playing the ball down the right which seemed to be the only way to get it in the box..

IM LOSING IT NOW WITH TB's FORMATIONS AND TACTICS!! AND I WILL NOT BE BUYING HIS PUISH IN THE PAPER THIS WEEK!!!! oh we'll do better, I'll be kicking ass.... TB watch out as Foran/Ross/Hayes/Esson/Rooney will be kicking your ass they have every right to!!!

Esson :D :D - dude you did your best, there was 3 reason you had to work your tits off and ill get to it.

Proc - GTF

Munro - :blink: :D Dude, I saw you clap and say come on chins up twice.. dude lead these people!!! stop the pink and fluffy pish and get stuck in to them!!!!! you started to get pissed off looking towards the end and it showed in a good way,

Balvitis - GTF you are the reason we lost today, your a big lad but cant handle players smaller and faster than you.

Golly - Dude i didnt see you much at all.....

Duncan - **** off just **** off!!

Cox - :D :025: ^_^ Didnt do to bad the day they seemed to play you well and keep you off the ball

Hayes - :D :D :D DUDE you ran your tits off the day and chased every ball you couldnt take, popped up from no where and just got in the way, close to my MOTM but still good show thank you!!

Foran - :D :D :D :D no wonder you get all het up!! you played your heart but didnt get the balls you should have thank you for being my MOTM

Ross - D :D :D :D wee man you are our future i hope and if it is... its blue red and white!! Ran / passed /Ran / Passed chased... what more can we ask for TB you are a fanny for taking him off!!!!!

Sanchez - didnt get on the ball much and at one point infront of goal, chose to stick it out to cox who then had a wild shot.. dude your a striker... STRIKE

Roony - you played well your first touch has gotten better and you are learning it seemed from Foran in the way you conducted yourself today.....

Ahh my lift to Lossies here, im not a happy bunny i might get the chance to finish this later if Ive not been arrested for eating puppys!!

Thats me just back, i have to get a couple of things of my chest first...

when we were two goals down, id just like to say the stroppy **** that was sitting over towards the bridge that stood up and started telling folk to shut up and get behind them please get a grip, hats off to the singing section for not biting defusing the small group of get behing the team comments, were they watching the same half we were.....

Also Foran.. I watched you today and i feel for you big yin, your goal showed to me how committed you were to us, you threw yourself at that ball, and in my eyes sir if you walked away from us i do not blame you!!!

one last thing......well i'll cover a couple of things... Terry what the **** and why...

I gave Duncan my time and to be honest if anyone who says im wrong in saying he is **** watched him to day, please please get the rose tints off from 4 years ago, he was as exspected ******* USELESS!!!! **** Off

Nick Ross..... You are some lad and as a young one some folk in our team should be watching you close!! my good man you impressed me no end in the second half you ran rings and put some quality balls in to the box too wee man I just hope im not the only one who saw this.... I say this because.....

WHAT THE **** WAS BUTCHER WATCHING SEEING OR THINKING WHEN HE TOOK YOU OFF FOR A LB!!!!! LDZ AND LEFT DUNCAN ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ross was IMO the fire in out belly towards the end and like i said playing the ball down the right which seemed to be the only way to get it in the box..

IM LOSING IT NOW WITH TB's FORMATIONS AND TACTICS!! AND I WILL NOT BE BUYING HIS PUISH IN THE PAPER THIS WEEK!!!! oh we'll do better, I'll be kicking ass.... TB watch out as Foran/Ross/Hayes/Esson/Rooney will be kicking your ass they have every right to!!!

Esson :D :D - dude you did your best, there was 3 reason you had to work your tits off and ill get to it.

Proc - GTF

Munro - :blink: :D Dude, I saw you clap and say come on chins up twice.. dude lead these people!!! stop the pink and fluffy pish and get stuck in to them!!!!! you started to get pissed off looking towards the end and it showed in a good way,

Balvitis - GTF you are the reason we lost today, your a big lad but cant handle players smaller and faster than you.

Duncan - **** off just **** off!!

Cox - :D :025: ^_^ Didnt do to bad the day they seemed to play you well and keep you off the ball

Hayes - :D :D :D DUDE you ran your tits off the day and chased every ball you couldnt take, popped up from no where and just got in the way, close to my MOTM but still good show thank you!!

Foran - :D :D :D :D no wonder you get all het up!! you played your heart but didnt get the balls you should have thank you for being my MOTM

Ross - D :D :D :D wee man you are our future i hope and if it is... its blue red and white!! Ran / passed /Ran / Passed chased... what more can we ask for TB you are a fanny for taking him off!!!!!

Sanchez - didnt get on the ball much and at one point infront of goal, chose to stick it out to cox who then had a wild shot.. dude your a striker... STRIKE

Roony - you played well your first touch has gotten better and you are learning it seemed from Foran in the way you conducted yourself today.....

Ahh my lift to Lossies here, im not a happy bunny i might get the chance to finish this later if Ive not been arrested for eating puppys!!

You probably didnt see Golly much as he wasnt playing today

Well that first have has to be one of the most gutless ICT performances I have seen in a long time. Three goals by a team who were hardly Real Madrid, gift wrapped and ready for Christmas. Both teams started out playing garbage long ball football and for the whole first half the vast majority of the ICT team, bar Shinnie, Ross, Hayes and Foran actually looked interested. Esson did the best he could, but had little chances with such a shocking defence. Partick should never ever be three up at half time, the two teams were fairly evenly matched for the most of the first half. Shinnie to me is the glimmer of hope for the future in the ICT squad. For a guy who was making his ICT league debut, I thought he looked excellent. A good passer, not afraid to go in for the tackle, decent going forward, not a bad crosser. The only thing is, is he big enough? He's yet to fill out, but at this rate might be decent moved into the midfield. He certainly has the capabilities to do it well.

I was quite surprised to see Barrowman taken off at half time. He and Foran, might not have had the distribution, but Barrowman did at times seem to the effort in. For me, Sanchez did little if anything for large parts. Didn't seem interested for parts at all. If the ball wasn't right there in front of him, he didn't know what to do. The goals were decent. Definately a penalty, which Rooney took well. Foran's goal was also well taken in the malee between himself, a Partick defender and the goalie. Unlucky not to equalise, with everyone thrown forward including Ryan Esson, but Sanchez's distribution let him down. His corners were poor and not even on the proper line to take them from. His free kicks were poor as well. There was a few calls for penalties in the box and malees which could've led to goals but it wasn't to be. Butcher needs to sort thing out desperately, but I aint convinced he knows where the problems are, and is not the man for the job.

Just in from the game myself and thought i'd post my opinions... apologies if I cover anything already mentioned...

All three of Particks goals were of our own making. There must have been 3 or 4 defenders around buchannan and none of them seemed eager to clear the line. Esson was in effect defenceless to prevent Buchannans back heel trickle of the line from 3 yards.

I make no secret of the fact I have never rated Russel Duncan, and think he and David Proctor were a complete liability today. The amount of unforced errors from the pair were unbelievable, and I cant understand why Ross was crocked for Zadi and not one of these two. Duncans back header was only ever going to be a present for Buchannan to get his second.

Sanchez and Rooney should have been on from the start. Foran seemed more intent on critisizing every stray cross or pass, and Barrowman only seemed to run away from the ball - I recall one moment when the ball was crossed towards him, and he did some sort of jumping piroette before seeing the ball go out for a Partick throw! Useless.

Butcher got the subs right and still think he is the man for us - we are missing rossco and imrie, and could do with some experience on the park in McBain and Golabek. We also need a regular starting 11, as changing things week in week out is causing too much confusion on the park.

Rooney and Sanchez were great when they cam on, and perhaps a draw would have been jutified. Unfortunately it wasnt to be

Yet another poor home performance. All our best games seem to be away when others attack and we play on break, so looks like unable to take games to teams at home!

Esson played well and kept us in it when team lost it well and truly for 15 minutes at end of first half.

Yet again not 1 single shot on target first half for a team at home. Still reluctant to take a shot and when they do throw off the shackles they just have wild swipes is how best described!

Late on in second half only came to life when got penalty, second goal was good but still no urgnency.

Our build up play is slow allowing teams time to get players behind the ball.

Defence was poor

Ross had a great game, when he got the ball/ was left out on wing firat half with no decent passes to him to do anyting.

Barrowman does not anticipate the knock ons from Foran, well no one does! Foram continually manages to get his head onto clearances from Esson but its as if no one exepcts him to do it.

The team need to get sharper in front of goals, cannot rely on imrie when he returns, and start taking more shots on goal and not passing the buck.

Shinnie looked a good prospect, what happened to Golly?

Duncan had yet again another poor game, his only decent passes were his usual trademark of going backwards and completely made a mess to let Partick go two up!

Surely things can only get better, we have to put on a good hom performance at some point so bring on County ut the league is the BIG one but that is slowly disappearing and unless we start getting points on the board it will disappear for good.

Still a long way to go and a good run of wins will get us back up there but it needs to start happening soon!!

Where to start?

Does anyone else still disagree that Duncan is ******* ****? He should have been punted long ago. Same goes for Barrowman. I shudder to think how much both are milking from us to do absolutely **** all.

Bulvitis - You sir are fast getting on my tits. Either up your game or you can just **** off in January.

Shinnie and Ross were a breath of fresh air today. I look forward to seeing them in the team more often.

Hayes should have been MotM.

To summarise, this just isn't acceptable. We need a midfielder capable of taking charge of the game, Duncan and Stratford clearly aren't up to the task.

There is very little difference between a bottom half SPL team and a top half SFL1 team and to call them a "pub team" is arrogant in the extreme .... I guess WE are the pub team now ... after all, we ARE in the bottom half of the SFL1 !

Wasnt playing !!!

Butcher got the subs right and still think he is the man for us -

What are you seeing in him that makes you think that, I am not saying he is not the man for the job, just failing to see it myself, in fact apart from his PR skills I am failing to see what makes him any better than Brewster