ICT -V- Partick Th :Matchday Thread

Scotty

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Butcher will no doubt point to the good second half, in the same way that Burley kept his job by ending a dismal campaign with a good performance.

In fairness to Burley tho, he only had 8 games in charge. what's Butchers excuse?

It's going to be interesting to read the reports of those who were there - how awful was the first half, how much, if any, encouragement we can draw from the second, and to what extent were selection and tactics the problem.

Sure, but I worried at 3-0 that we'd get gubbed :rolleyes: At least signs of fight...

Doesnt matter to me what we were like in second half as Partick probably took their foot of the gas a bit anyway, to me its unacceptable to be losing 3-0 at home to Partick by half time.

Sorry to say it and I know I will get pelters for it but we are just not going forward under Butcher and Malpas we are going backwards.

second half - sounds like we fought hard to get back in it and piled on the pressure sp perhaps there are pass marks for that ..... BUT the simple fact is that we should not be putting ourselves in a position where we are 3-0 down at HT in the first place.

Sorry to say it and I know I will get pelters for it but we are just not going forward under Butcher and Malpas we are going backwards.

You wont get pelters from me Steve. As per usual.....we hold similar views regarding all things ICT!

My old man was saying to me on the phone the other night that in his opinion, we only seem to compete for half a game. he seems to have a point!

I think he does. I've been at five games this season and in all of them (except, perhaps, Morton) there have been long periods where the opposing side had the upper hand and periods where we have played nice, controlled pressing football. You'd maybe expect this pattern against Dundee, but against Airdrie? We were the same at the start of last season under Brewster though, before the rot really set in, and during the mini-revival under Butcher, and those were quite different starting line-ups. I can't really put my finger on why it is, except for the obvious, that the players in each case haven't been quite good enough to take control of and kill off games.

Edited by alternative maryhill

somam.. we shouldnt be 3-0 down at h/t against a pub team like partick thistle its just pure pish end off..

and there is a perfect example of the arrogance I talked of. Partick are not a pub team and we are not exactly Real Madrid or Man Utd !!

there is not ONE team in Scotland where i feel we should be 3-0 down to at half time....let alone Partick

It can happen on one-off occasions or perhaps when we play the likes of the OF but in general I agree with you .... the worrying thing is we have now played 3 home games in the league and lost two of them conceding 6 in the process [Home Record: P3 W0 D1 L2 - F3 A6 - Pts 1]

Just back and ragin.

The 1st half was not spectacular but all changed when Buchanan backheeled his 1st and after that it was 5 minutes of madness leading up to half time. The 2nd came from a long ball with our entire back four pushing up and Russell Duncan screwing up a backpass header for the 2nd and the 3rd a counter from a terrible Proctor pass. The worst ending to a half i will ever see.

Barrowman was hoiched off at half time for Sanchez who made a big difference, more energy and was far more creative. Then Rooney also contributed by slamming home the penalty, Hayes was brought down after beating his man so no complaints. Foran got the 2nd without about 15 minutes left, Hayes made a great run, cut it back to Munro and it was an excellent cross, Richie quite literally threw himself at it with a header We were unlucky not to get a 2nd pen. Rooney got hauled to the ground. We came close for a 3rd when Proctor had a slide that got deflected at the keeper and Foran won a flick on and if Zadi had stayed at the back post he would have had a tap in.

In terms of the performance it disturbs me that we need to concede 3 goals to up our game. The two performances either half were chalk and cheese, we probably should have been in front but as usual our finishing at 0-0 was 3rd rate. Too many changes were made as well. Dropping Sanchez was a mistake as per usual Barrowman never looked like scoring. The only marginally pleasing factor was the performance of Nick Ross. The few times he got on the ball Partick had alot of trouble dealing with him, he should retain his place for next week imo.