FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team for Ayr

Renegade

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt Hayes will be fit for this one. I will go for......

--------------Esson

-Tokely--Munro--Bulvitus--Golly

----McBain--Cox---Imre

-----------Sanchez

--------Foran---Barrowman

Rather play mcbain on the left rather than the right

--------------Esson

----McBain--Cox---Imre

-----------Sanchez

Ach thats what i ment.

bet it was :lol: am so high right now :( jokes

--------------Esson

----McBain--Cox---Imre

-----------Sanchez

Ach thats what i ment.

bet it was :lol: am so high right now :( jokes

:lol: Watch some footage of ICT and you will be brought straight back down to earth.

On the subject of Proctor, he may have scored one and hit the bar yesterday, and his passing was at times poor (as is the case with most of the team these days), BUT I thought he looked a heck of a lot better at centre midfield today than at right midfield or right back (or centre half as he was at times under Brew) and when he was at central midfield, I also felt he was far better attacking, than when his previous positions. By no means was he amazing against the Pars, and to say he was the best player is just laughable, but he seems to have more idea round there than Stratford, a player IMO hasn't a clue.

On the subject of Proctor, he may have scored one and hit the bar yesterday, and his passing was at times poor (as is the case with most of the team these days), BUT I thought he looked a heck of a lot better at centre midfield today than at right midfield or right back (or centre half as he was at times under Brew) and when he was at central midfield, I also felt he was far better attacking, than when his previous positions. By no means was he amazing against the Pars, and to say he was the best player is just laughable, but he seems to have more idea round there than Stratford, a player IMO hasn't a clue.

Its not just your opinion mate. Its mine also!

What would Pele do ??

ESSON

TOKELY MUNRO GOLLY

MCBAIN / DUNCAN

IMRIE PROCTOR HAYES

FORAN

ROONEY SANCHEZ

Looks like a winning team to me - or at least a team that loses entertainingly.

Imrie on the left, Hayes on the right as a minor adjustment.

Esson

Tokely Bulitis Munro Golly

Hayes Cox Stratford Mcbain

Foran Imrie

How can you possibly drop Proctor, he was by far the best player on the pitch today.

Esson

Tokely Munro Golabek Shinnie

Imrie Proctor Cox Hayes

Foran Barrowman

Subs: Allison, Stratford, McBain, Rooney, Sutherland

Proctor in CM :blink:

We have better players than Proctor

Strangely enough, I've been wondering this week about how Proctor might play in central midfield. Cox has faded since the start of the season - Duncan was the better player against Raith - and I'd like to see both Sanchez and Imrie in the team. Moving Imrie wide left, putting Hayes wide right and moving Proctor into the middle might work - Prcotor's passing can be a bit dodgy, but he's got a great engine and in periods when we are under pressure he could add an extra line of defence and allow Sanchez to drop deeper and provide the link to Foran and to the wings. I don't see anything laughable about BA's suggestion.

Proctor is only good at RB. When he plays in RM he'll run the whole way but doesnt get back to help the RB out

I don't agree. He's not the most creative right midfielder and his crossing can be very frustrating, but he works extremely hard in that position, in both directions. If you cast your mind back, you'll remember that he played a number of games at right midfield during our best run of last season. Besides, that isn't really addressing the point I made: why is it so ridiculous to assume that Proctor might be able to perform a role in central midfield, even in the short term?

He was superb when we beat Hibs 2-1 at the dump.

---------------------------ESSON-----------------------

TOKELY-------BULVITIS---------MUNRO-------GOLLY

PROCTOR------COX--------MCBAIN-----------FORAN

-------------BARROWMAN----------IMRIE-----------

If Hayes is fit then put him in the team ahead of Barrowman with Foran going up front and Hayes going to left mid/wing

---------------Esson--------------

Tokely--Bulvitis--Munro--Golabek

Proctor--Cox--McBain--Imrie

-------Rooney--Foran---------

Give Rooney a start and see if he can put one of his chances away. He certainly seems to get more than anyone else.

The return of Oleg Blokhin's 4-2-3-1 which was devastatingly unpopular when Brewster played it.

I think we would create more chances by playing Hayes, Sanchez and Imrie behind Foran, while Proctor and Duncan provide the solid platform that they need behind them. And it looks really pretty.

----------------ESSON----------------

TOKELY---BULVITIS---MUNRO---GOLABEK

----------PROCTOR--DUNCAN----------

HAYES---------SANCHEZ----------IMRIE

------------------FORAN-----------------

The return of Oleg Blokhin's 4-2-3-1 which was devastatingly unpopular when Brewster played it.

I think we would create more chances by playing Hayes, Sanchez and Imrie behind Foran, while Proctor and Duncan provide the solid platform that they need behind them. And it looks really pretty.

----------------ESSON----------------

TOKELY---BULVITIS---MUNRO---GOLABEK

----------PROCTOR--DUNCAN----------

HAYES---------SANCHEZ----------IMRIE

------------------FORAN-----------------

I'd love to see that team on Saturday. And why not be bold, when we're playing a team that is struggling and when we're playing away, where we tend to perform better?

Esson

Tokely Bulitis Munro Golly

Hayes Cox Stratford Mcbain

Foran Imrie

How can you possibly drop Proctor, he was by far the best player on the pitch today.

Esson

Tokely Munro Golabek Shinnie

Imrie Proctor Cox Hayes

Foran Barrowman

Subs: Allison, Stratford, McBain, Rooney, Sutherland

Proctor in CM :D

We have better players than Proctor

Strangely enough, I've been wondering this week about how Proctor might play in central midfield. Cox has faded since the start of the season - Duncan was the better player against Raith - and I'd like to see both Sanchez and Imrie in the team. Moving Imrie wide left, putting Hayes wide right and moving Proctor into the middle might work - Prcotor's passing can be a bit dodgy, but he's got a great engine and in periods when we are under pressure he could add an extra line of defence and allow Sanchez to drop deeper and provide the link to Foran and to the wings. I don't see anything laughable about BA's suggestion.

I agree with this post. Sanchez looked good on Tuesday playing a little deeper.

Any space for Barrowman on Saturday though? I think he could be good playing up front as an out and out striker in front of Foran. I still think Barrowman perhaps should be given a chance. (Unless he's not bothering in trainng?)

Is'nt it amazing, 2 pages of team selections including subs and Ross's name does not appear but guess what, according to another thread TB is a bad manager because he is not being selected.

Guess that makes you lot in the mire along woth Terry.

Edited by absent friend

Esson

<-Bulvitis - Munro - Golabek->

Tokely ------------- --------------- Djebi Zadi

Cox - McBain

Imrie-----------Foran

Sanchez

Im going 3-4-2-1 with 2 attacking wing backs. I have deployed two players in a centre half postion that can cover the full back areas. I'd expect the defence to push over depending on which full back was getting forward. I have deployed foran and Imrie as 2nd strikers behind a main striker of Sanchez. They would both look to help out in wide areas, cut in and get beyond Sanchez where appropriate. Cox would be encouraged to have a go where possible and McBain would do the running around in the middle. If the team comes under pressure they can adapt a 4-5-1 if required however it is based on a variable attacking 3-4-3.

Bench Allison; Duncan, Hayes*/Eagle/Ross, Stratford, Rooney/Barrowman

* -1st choice if fit