FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Team fer Tinkerville

Got to be the same again. You should be put into a mental hospital if you think it would be a good idea to change the team

Cue Renegade.

:D :D :rolleyes: :D :blink: Thats what i was going to say but through fear of being seen as a "bully" i didnt....

-------------------------------------Esson-----------------------------------------------

---Tokely--------------Bulvitis----------------------Munro----------------Golabek---

-------------------------Proctor-----------------------Cox------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------Sanchez------------------------------

------------Foran-------------------Rooney--------------------Imrie------------------

Subs - Allison, McBain, Barrowman, Hayes, Djebi-Zadi/Ross/Odhiambo/Duncan

A couple of slight changes for me, Duncan is out and Cox is in, mainly because the former can't pass to save his life. Sticking with the 4-2-4 thing again with Sanchez sitting just behind. Obviously again, the front 3/4 should change periodically as is what happened today.

Edited by Renegade

I would make 2 changes to the team to be honest

Esson

Tokely Munro Bulvitis Golabek

Cox Hayes

Imrie Foran Sanchez

Rooney

Hayes needs to be involved in the attack to be effective IMHO, and changing our whole holding midfield could have a massive disruption on the team. Keep him on the bench to run at tired legs in the final third.

2 comfortable wins, and 2 big scorelines for us, including 2 hat tricks on the trot. When was the last time this happened at ICT?!

No need to change anything.

I'd go for the same but sadly it's not me who picks the team - it's TB. His comments both before and after the match worry me.

In the programme he refers to the poor home form and says "we have tried many different things to change our luck and fortune but nothing has worked so far". As many of us have been saying, the one thing he had not tried is to pick his best players. He finally tried that last week and we got the result. But why has he played Eagle and Stratford so often and why has he not been picking Rooney?

However, after the match today he stated he couldn't change the line up this week because of the performance last week. To me, that implies it is not the line up he really wants. Despite Rooney scoring a hatrick and making an imense impact on the game in other respects, TB was hardly glowing in his praise of the MOTM. Instead, he said he and Barrowloads were similar. I suppose to praise him too much would simply beg the question of why he has ingnored him up till now. However, 4 goals in 2 starts is not easy to ignore and whether he wants to or not, surely TB must give Rooney a prolonged run in the starting 11 now.

It was also interesting to hear the Hamilton manager singing the praises of Richard Hastings performances this season in the SPL. Hastings, you will recall, being the player who TB felt wasn't worth holding on to because he had liability Lionel available at left back.

I remain seriously concerned about TB's judgement about the ability of the players at his disposal. We've got the players to be in the mix at the end of the season but will he pick them? He may have felt that he could risk an attacking formation against a poor Morton side but will he resort to a more negative approach against the tinks and the better teams in the league? His team selection next week will be interesting to say the least.

I agree with many of the points of the above poster, but it's interesting to notice that Robert Eagle seems to be the first of Butcher's Boys (ie - the ones he signed) that has been dropped completely. As far as I know aint injured And why oh why is Stratford still on the bench, when from what I've seen McBain and Nick Ross are a heck of a lot better (even though McBain was injured today)?

Edited by Renegade

I agree with many of the points of the above poster, but it's interesting to notice that Robert Eagle seems to be the first of Butcher's Boys (ie - the ones he signed) that has been dropped completely.

Where is Eagle? Surely he should have being on the bench even ross wasnt on the bench. Is Eagle another lionel dropped and never seen again

First off DD I think you may be reading too much into what TB say's. Being a defender its likely he took a bit of persuading to come up with such an attacking line-up. He found an attacking team last week that scored a barrowload of goals. No manager would have changed that. It worked this week again so i wouldn't change it next week.

Hasting's didn't want to play in div 1 and no amount of persuading would have kept him. He wants to continue playing international and may have been left out if he wasn't in a higher league. Do you honestly think Golly would have been brought in if Hastings had stayed.

To all the Duncan critics please answer this: if Russell made ten good passes and one bad one which would you notice? Seems to me, from reports on the matchday thread that Russell had a good game today and last week yet the same posters are slating him as have always done.

I thought Duncan has played very well the last 2 weeks. I thought he had done well in the weeks before that as well but even better recently.

With the comments Butcher made about Rooney I must be looking at it differently than everybody else. I thought he was saying that he has always had confidence even when he was not playing and now he has taken his chance when he has started games and he is saying Barrowman is feeling the same way (without starting games).

I agree with many of the points of the above poster, but it's interesting to notice that Robert Eagle seems to be the first of Butcher's Boys (ie - the ones he signed) that has been dropped completely. As far as I know aint injured And why oh why is Stratford still on the bench, when from what I've seen McBain and Nick Ross are a heck of a lot better (even though McBain was injured today)?

We are only allowed five on the bench. Ones a goalie. We start with four strikers and have another on the bench. In case it all goes to ratshit we need to be in a position to revert to a four or five man midfield so we have Hayes and Cox, both of whom have played well recently. We need cover for defence whilst keeping our options open so who better than Stratford. He can play defence or mid. Makes sense to me. Besides, the players mentioned have played more in a losing team than they have in a winning one. At the moment there seems to be a winning balance. The man has to choose 16 out of 26. 10 will not be chosen each week and its very likely that every one of them could put up an arguement to be in the team.

I thought Duncan has played very well the last 2 weeks. I thought he had done well in the weeks before that as well but even better recently.

With the comments Butcher made about Rooney I must be looking at it differently than everybody else. I thought he was saying that he has always had confidence even when he was not playing and now he has taken his chance when he has started games and he is saying Barrowman is feeling the same way (without starting games).

Confidence alone does not make goals. you need a team effort and a team around you that are doing the business.

We need cover for defence whilst keeping our options open so who better than Stratford. He can play defence or mid. Makes sense to me. Besides, the players mentioned have played more in a losing team than they have in a winning one. At the moment there seems to be a winning balance. The man has to choose 16 out of 26. 10 will not be chosen each week and its very likely that every one of them could put up an arguement to be in the team.

Cox and McBain can also be played in defence (Cox at right back and McBain the left). Eagle was also said to be able to play left back when he signed by someone. I'd even rather have Djebi-Zadi on the bench, instead of Stratford. At least he does something!

Edited by Renegade

We need cover for defence whilst keeping our options open so who better than Stratford. He can play defence or mid. Makes sense to me. Besides, the players mentioned have played more in a losing team than they have in a winning one. At the moment there seems to be a winning balance. The man has to choose 16 out of 26. 10 will not be chosen each week and its very likely that every one of them could put up an arguement to be in the team.

Cox and McBain can also be played in defence (Cox at right back and McBain the left). Eagle was also said to be able to play left back when he signed by someone. I'd even rather have Djebi-Zadi on the bench, instead of Stratford. At least he does something!

When has Cox played at right back?