FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Lack of home support

DoofersDad

I simply think we should concentrate on making more positive noise than getting on the players backs after the first mistake. There is someone in Section E where I sit who gives the players pelters for the littlest of things. One other guy, who I'm sure everyone would recognise if they saw him :P , bawls at them like they have been beefing his missus behind his back and he has just found out about it.

Last season we were 2 - 0 up on Kilmarnock (IIRC) and they crossed the half way line with the ball "Here it comes! Oh here it comes!" he started shouting which led on to a load of "For f'ck sake Caley get a grip!" at which point Killie had moved the ball into the very threatening right hand channel some 30 yards from goal. By the end of the game someone behind actually shouted at him to shut up.

And I think that is a bit of a problem. As fans of ICT we have been very fortunate to see our team either in the top league of Scottish football or challenging at the top end of whatever league we might be in. We have rarely gone through a sustained period of losing games and hanging around the foot of the table. Last season was our first taste of that and it ended, unfortunately, in relegation. After some early struggles in the First division we hear of fans walking out on the team, season tickets being thrown on the pitch etc. which is just daft and is akin to some puff the Old Filth fans come out with.

We've shown in the past we can make a good atmosphere at Home so what's stopping us now? We need to cut out the crap, stop niggling at the players and get behind them. Even if it's not a full blown chant just something positive. Saturday showed that it can be done (despite Morton being guff) and the team can lift the fans and vice versa. We need to get back to that and not get stuck on booing and moaning at the players and management.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I simply think we should concentrate on making more positive noise than getting on the players backs after the first mistake. There is someone in Section E where I sit who gives the players pelters for the littlest of things. One other guy, who I'm sure everyone would recognise if they saw him :P , bawls at them like they have been beefing his missus behind his back and he has just found out about it.

Last season we were 2 - 0 up on Kilmarnock (IIRC) and they crossed the half way line with the ball "Here it comes! Oh here it comes!" he started shouting which led on to a load of "For f'ck sake Caley get a grip!" at which point Killie had moved the ball into the very threatening right hand channel some 30 yards from goal. By the end of the game someone behind actually shouted at him to shut up.

And I think that is a bit of a problem. As fans of ICT we have been very fortunate to see our team either in the top league of Scottish football or challenging at the top end of whatever league we might be in. We have rarely gone through a sustained period of losing games and hanging around the foot of the table. Last season was our first taste of that and it ended, unfortunately, in relegation. After some early struggles in the First division we hear of fans walking out on the team, season tickets being thrown on the pitch etc. which is just daft and is akin to some puff the Old Filth fans come out with.

We've shown in the past we can make a good atmosphere at Home so what's stopping us now? We need to cut out the crap, stop niggling at the players and get behind them. Even if it's not a full blown chant just something positive. Saturday showed that it can be done (despite Morton being guff) and the team can lift the fans and vice versa. We need to get back to that and not get stuck on booing and moaning at the players and management.

:banana99: . But yeah agrre with what your saying.

Because of our unexpected drop from the SPL - well it was unexpected for many of us - followed by our loss of players due to this relegation, the lack of funds and the poor home form in the first 8 games of the season, it was not too difficult to see where the negativity came from on here and this was reflected at the park, on and off the field.

The lower turn out, the booing of the players both on and off the park in a moronic way and the natural disappointment of an afternoon spoiled, gives a feel that all is not well with ICT.

We therefore have to blame someone, be it the players (all but one should be shipped out as soon as possible), the management team (they are crap, have been crap and always will be crap, so ship them out) or the Board (all muppets who have no idea and every fan can do better so ship them out)

Now the three targets above are all unable to defend themselves against the horrible offerings on here so the fans assume that they are therefore guilty as charged.

The players - are not good according to the posters on here as they should play to a standard of top SPL teams without the reward. The fans would, wouldn't they??(Aye right, they would not even give off their spare time to paint the gent's loo)

Management team - working with a poorer standard of player, new to each other and the team/area, in a competitive league AND ONLY A FEW POINTS FROM THE TOP AND IN A CUP FINAL! (Yes but..No but..Yes but..)

The Board - don't profess to know the workings but I am aware that other football Boards get pelters as well so maybe it is par for the course.

I do feel that once the results come our way, we get used to the competitiveness of this league and are still in touch, the fans will return, the offerings on here will be less bitter and match days will, once again, be the tonic to keep us going for another week.

Starting on Saturday!!

Check this for being negitive, unexpected.... I expected the drop at the start of every season under Brewster the second time, and to be honest this year too, every year we stayed up was IMO a Blessing and against all odds, it was going to happen....

Check this for being negitive, unexpected.... I expected the drop at the start of every season under Brewster the second time, and to be honest this year too, every year we stayed up was IMO a Blessing and against all odds, it was going to happen....

We're on the turn, young man, no more negatives. We may not win the league but we will be up there near the top.

I can feel it in my water!!

Young man, why thank you, I know we are a great team, and i love it down here, everyteams got everything to play for!! and no TV money to lose!! as ive said before in the SPL what were we playing for... a top six spot... oh dear thats pish, down here we have loads of wee cups, a couple of cup upsets and the leauge to chase, be honest, we were playing every season to avoid the drop, thats negitive in its self!! loving it!!!

Young man, why thank you, I know we are a great team, and i love it down here, everyteams got everything to play for!! and no TV money to lose!! as ive said before in the SPL what were we playing for... a top six spot... oh dear thats pish, down here we have loads of wee cups, a couple of cup upsets and the leauge to chase, be honest, we were playing every season to avoid the drop, thats negitive in its self!! loving it!!!

We'll be top six next year. Believe.

The players - are not good according to the posters on here as they should play to a standard of top SPL teams

We're already playing to a higher standard than what I've seen there so far this season.

:rotflmao::rotflmao:

Laughter's the best medicine, eh DC?

Not got much else to say today..

Being serious I dont think its possible to compare but the poster did say TOP SPL teams. In my book he's referring to the teams who are consistantly top of that league.

Always good for a laugh is alex!

Yes. And at least I can take it as well as give it. Unlike some who consistantly chuck the dummy.