FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Lack of home support

DoofersDad

Detol gel its the future, i have a wee tub with me everywhere i go, lets face it, you wash your hands and leave.. you have just touched everyone who doesnt wash here hands ****, so the wee tub awsome, wash your hands, then gee your hands a wee gelling on the way back,, clean clean clean..

I shall definately have a look into said gel, ahead of Saturday in the event of nature calling.

The gel is a truly excellent idea. I try and time it so someone else opens the door and I sneak out behind them.

We have a lot in common.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Top 6 says the lets all be negative was a sarcastic chant aimed at people who started getting on the players backs after wee mistakes even when we were winning. Something the home fans appear to revel in doing. Seems to be easier for them to criticise the team than get behind them. This is why we were saying Lets All Be Negative!

The home support is dire. Whenever the boys at the back of Section G start singing they just get growled at half the time.

When your away from home the majority of people look to get behind them team, and alcohol consumption helps it a bit aswell.

C*unty next week should be awesome. ;)

What's with this Section G obsession? Section E is where it's at. It's amusing people coming on talking about the atmosphere and singing when they didn't even attend the game.

I thought the atmosphere was ok yesterday. Not a patch on Ayr BUT as Iain? pointed out, all home supports are poor.

Funny, i was in Section G and i couldnt hear ANTHING form Section E. I could hear the Main Stand start their pathetic chant and the Morton Trumpet but nowt from you lot

Funny, i was in Section G and i couldnt hear ANTHING form Section E. I could hear the Main Stand start their pathetic chant and the Morton Trumpet but nowt from you lot

Is this what section G has become? "Our section is better than your section..." Get a grip FFS...

wheres that pissing contest thread gone, this would be an awsome place to put this, what with all the pee door handles my sections louder than yours, wash your hands people!!

What i would suggest is that you No1.yer heads, put on a daft looking kilt, grow a goatee, a "wee" bit of weight, get adequately pished before the game, just go with the pure selfish interest of having a good day, put all yer worries and cares behind ya, remember that you are a Caley Jaggie through and through and basically sing and sing and sing and ignore all the whingeing cnuts around ya.

What i would suggest is that you No1.yer heads, put on a daft looking kilt, grow a goatee, a "wee" bit of weight, get adequately pished before the game, just go with the pure selfish interest of having a good day, put all yer worries and cares behind ya, remember that you are a Caley Jaggie through and through and basically sing and sing and sing and ignore all the whingeing cnuts around ya.

Well said Johndo

What kind of atmosphere do you expect with 3000 fans there? in a wide open stadium?

It aint exactly going to be rocking and why cant people leave other fans alone if they dont wish to join in the singing or whatever is going they have the exact same right not too as after all they have paid the same to watch the game

As Top 6 says the lets all be negative was a sarcastic chant aimed at people who started getting on the players backs after wee mistakes even when we were winning. Something the home fans appear to revel in doing. Seems to be easier for them to criticise the team than get behind them. This is why we were saying Lets All Be Negative!

I agree that it is really annoying that there are so many negative folk who get on the players' backs after minor errors but how does being negative towards them help? If you're going to sing, how about supporting the team rather than getting on the backs of those who are annoying you by getting on the backs of the players? As IHE says, just ignore them.

I don't think there's any really satisfying response to the issues I've raised in this thread. I just hope the reluctance of the majority who go to the games to actually get behind the team will not rub off on the few real supporters, most of whom seem to be in block G. Keep singing lads.

I know the stadium seems to be designed to prevent an atmosphere but that's no excuse for not trying.

A wee bit off topic but the home support could show a wee bit more of a community spirit by making sure they 'sort' themselves out so everything is going in the right direction. The amount of damp concrete below the urinals forces me to stand further back than I would like to, just to keep my Sambas dry. Come on, who is it that is causing this?

It's Andy Barrowman. He got his knickers in a twist about the transfer from County and hasn't been able to aim straight since.

I don't think there's any really satisfying response to the issues I've raised in this thread. I just hope the reluctance of the majority who go to the games to actually get behind the team will not rub off on the few real supporters, most of whom seem to be in block G. Keep singing lads.

I know the stadium seems to be designed to prevent an atmosphere but that's no excuse for not trying.

Real supporters? How do you qualify to be a 'real supporter'? I'd be interested to know your definition on that one as I would class myself as one, having been an ICT supporter since attending that first friendly v. St Mirren at Telford Street all those years ago, although I don't jump around and sing... Surely an extroverted personality isn't a pre-requisite to being a 'real supporter' of a football team?

On a further point, the atmosphere is pretty low key at matches, I'd agree. I also don't see why folk get so upset by others who don't show support in the same way as them. Coincidentally, I've been to quite a few football matches around Europe and some pretty fantastic atmospheres and the 'real supporters' in Section G, presumably defined as 'real' as they believe they provide vocal backing (of sorts), are really not that noisy, constant and even noticeable at most games. Not a criticism cos if the guys want to sing, let them sing, it's all good fun. Just think that if they consider what they get up to on match day as vociferous, boisterous or being the creators of an intimidating atmosphere then perhaps they need to experience football crowds a little more...

I agree that it is really annoying that there are so many negative folk who get on the players' backs after minor errors but how does being negative towards them help? If you're going to sing, how about supporting the team rather than getting on the backs of those who are annoying you by getting on the backs of the players? As IHE says, just ignore them.

Does that mean that the people who dont sing at games are not real supporters?

I dont have anything against people singing at games and I wish that the crowd at home games would do it alot more often but just because people dont sing at games dosent make them non "real supporters"

What kind of atmosphere do you expect with 3000 fans there? in a wide open stadium?

It aint exactly going to be rocking and why cant people leave other fans alone if they dont wish to join in the singing or whatever is going they have the exact same right not too as after all they have paid the same to watch the game

That statement doesn't hold true. I've been in open stadia with 300 and they make an atmosphere.

I love how any discussion like this always refers back to section G they dont own the stadium, people in other sections can also start to sing but yet they dont, or they wait to section G starts then join in

The guys who wanted to lead the chanting chose section G. Every team has a group that leads the chants.

One of the problems with many ICT fans is they have the OF mentallity. If I start the whole stadium will join in. Thats how it went when they sang their sectarian songs. Now even they struggle to craete atmosphere.

Real supporters boo the team.

Section G is so 2008/09.

Real supporters do not boo the team. Fair play if they are playing crap on the park but it was a good performance from the team on saturday.

It is a fcuking joke that people would rather moan like fcuk on here than actually try to do something about it. Why should everyone wait for section g to start songs and then people join in. Granted they made a mistake singing all that sectarian p*sh but lets face it no one is perfect.

Everyone needs to get a grip of themselves or Section G will stop going to the home games and then what will you do in terms of atmosphere?

I agree that it is really annoying that there are so many negative folk who get on the players' backs after minor errors but how does being negative towards them help? If you're going to sing, how about supporting the team rather than getting on the backs of those who are annoying you by getting on the backs of the players?

Clearly you need to familiarise yourself with the concept of irony. I would say it highlights how daft they are being hence a daft chant. I noticed this week somoene who started berating the team when they were 2 - 1 up and a slack ball led to a Morton throw in on the half way line. A shout of "S***e Caley!" came from this guy. I guess he obviously saw a bigger threat than we did from this dangerous half way line throw in.

Your point about not getting on the players backs is interesting especially when you say...

I just hope the reluctance of the majority who go to the games to actually get behind the team will not rub off on the few real supporters, most of whom seem to be in block G. Keep singing lads.

...this is of course the same Section G who boo our substitutes, shout abuse at our back up keeper and after one defeat talk about throwing season tickets on the pitch*. Doesn't sound like a real supporter to me.

*I should point out this isn't the majority of Section G as I know a lot of the guys in there and they are indeed good lads who get right behind the team.

Everyone needs to get a grip of themselves or Section G will stop going to the home games and then what will you do in terms of atmosphere?

:lol:

That post is so full of self importance it would make an Old Firm fan blush.

Edited by RiG

I agree that it is really annoying that there are so many negative folk who get on the players' backs after minor errors but how does being negative towards them help? If you're going to sing, how about supporting the team rather than getting on the backs of those who are annoying you by getting on the backs of the players?

Clearly you need to familiarise yourself with the concept of irony. I would say it highlights how daft they are being hence a daft chant. I noticed this week somoene who started berating the team when they were 2 - 1 up and a slack ball led to a Morton throw in on the half way line. A shout of "***** Caley!" came from this guy. I guess he obviously saw a bigger threat than we did from this dangerous half way line throw in.

Your point about not getting on the players backs is interesting especially when you say...

I just hope the reluctance of the majority who go to the games to actually get behind the team will not rub off on the few real supporters, most of whom seem to be in block G. Keep singing lads.

...this is of course the same Section G who boo our substitutes, shout abuse at our back up keeper and after one defeat talk about throwing season tickets on the pitch*. Doesn't sound like a real supporter to me.

*I should point out this isn't the majority of Section G as I know a lot of the guys in there and they are indeed good lads who get right behind the team.

:lol:

That post is so full of self importance it would make an Old Firm fan blush.

I have to agree with RiG especially on the point of booing Kyle Allison. Also there are 'fans' who berate the players when we're winning.

It really grates on me having to listen to the boos and negativity ergo our sarcastic booing.

By the way I can hardly hear the G section in section E.

Can't say it would make much difference... The noise/atmosphere from Section G isn't really that great, constant or intimidating. Fair play to the guys that want to sing, enjoy yourselves, but don't make it out to be something it isn't... There have been groups before and there will be groups after you guys.

Was it not BENI, or something similar, that made out they were superfans, the self appointed leader got in a hissy fit on here for not being appreciated enough and wandered off to support Killie?? Don't make the same mistake, just enjoy yourselves and don't take it all so seriously, it's football after all - it's supposed to be escapism from day to day life!!