FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Roy McBain

Pele_Is_God

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has been a good servant to us and I felt heart sorry for him last time he was on subs bench warming up with no hope of playing. Will be sad to see him go but if he gets the chance to do something else then good luck to him.

Great player in his day, but i think he will be playing for the likes of the 3rd divison rather than county come the end of the season

And when was the last time you saw him play to make that assesment?

Hearach, I Echo your comments,

I hope its not true, If RC are interested it goes to show that even Brewster rated him so much that hes trying to poach him, I think he would be perfect for our club in this leauge with his exsperiance but nope nope nope, TB cant have seen that much of him and his playing to have basicly ended his career here....

Now that Duff has returned to Aberdeen, he will i'm sure be needed for cover this season in midfield.

i hear that Roy might be looking to return to his hometown when he leaves here at the end of the season and could do a good turn for Peterhead.

I'd have McBain in my team over players like Stratford any day.

Yep, same here.

If it is true that he's getting hoofed then it's quite shocking. How many players now in the past few seasons have been treated like a bit of dirt at this club and bundled out the door?!

Wyness, Bazza, Ian Black, Dick Hastings of the top of my head. All good servants to ICT for a number of years and yet they get treated like this.

What I find a bit strange about the whole thing is that Iain Vigurs wasn't offered a new contract due to him "not being Butcher's kind of player", yet McBain was. A bit bizarre if you ask me, cause going by the looks of things McBain isn't "Butcher's type of player" either and that surprises me. A grafting, experienced, hard working player is the one thing I'd have thought Butcher would have some admiration for. Obviously not.

What I find a bit strange about the whole thing is that Iain Vigurs wasn't offered a new contract due to him "not being Butcher's kind of player", yet McBain was. A bit bizarre if you ask me, cause going by the looks of things McBain isn't "Butcher's type of player" either and that surprises me. A grafting, experienced, hard working player is the one thing I'd have thought Butcher would have some admiration for. Obviously not.

WOW!!! New year and new look on life... Renegade I agree with that, He is my kind of player for basicly that reason, I've always rated him, I mean whats he done wrong, but to be fair from his point of view hes still getting paid so why not!! I hope and pray this is just a wind up and Roy gets a run out this year!!!

Maybe I read different papers to everyone else but so far I've read nothing that say's Roy is being shown the door. There was a snippet from some hack suggesting RC may be interested. Thats it. So how does a thread get from interest by another club to being shown the door? Chinese whispers can be a dangerous thing.

Maybe I read different papers to everyone else but so far I've read nothing that say's Roy is being shown the door. There was a snippet from some hack suggesting RC may be interested. Thats it. So how does a thread get from interest by another club to being shown the door? Chinese whispers can be a dangerous thing.

He may not have been 'shown the door' Alex, but surely not being offered a new contract is much the same thing

This may well be true but at the same time, team selections would suggest that he is at least half way down the corridor!

Yeah I would agree with that. That's why in my post I said "if this is true" then it's shocking the way he's being treated.

Yeah I would agree with that. That's why in my post I said "if this is true" then it's shocking the way he's being treated.

Unfortunately this is becoming the norm at the club and great servants don't appear to mean much to them, the club is getting further and further from the family club image it once had

He may not have been 'shown the door' Alex, but surely not being offered a new contract is much the same thing

So far as I'm aware a large number of our squad are out of contract this summer and none have been offered new contracts.

Sorted........we have 26 players in our squad. The majority of the 15 selected each week are regulars. Is you're comment saying that 11 players are 'at least halfway down the corridor'?