Taken from Sky Sports website

Guest Mahonio

Guest Mahonio

I Found this on Pie and Bovril whilst searching that website. It says that County aren't guaranteed European football unless they either win the Scots Cup or Dundee United end 2nd in the league and win Scots Cup, however if Dundee United end 3rd and win the Scots cup then the 5th placed team in the SPL will get the European spot meaning County miss out on Europe.

:lol::lol: :P I bet that Chick Young feels a touchy foolish going round telling County players that they are in Europe, serves him right i say :P :lol:.

The address that i got this from is http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6088481,00.html.

Edited by Mahonio

I Found this on Pie and Bovril whilst searching that website. It says that County aren't guaranteed European football unless they either win the Scots Cup or Dundee United end 2nd in the league and win Scots Cup, however if Dundee United end 3rd and win the Scots cup then the 5th placed team in the SPL will get the European spot meaning County miss out on Europe.

:lol::lol: :P I bet that Chick Young feels a touchy foolish going round telling County players that they are in Europe, serves him right i say :P :lol:.

The address that i got this from is http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6088481,00.html.

He is a tool Young, how I can know that from last season and he doesn't just shows how much of an expert he is. What a joke of a man.

yeap I heard this earlier, far too confusing though.

Posted this on the ICt section.

The whole thing is confusing.

Whats supposed to happen:

Winner of the Cup enters the 4th round of qualifying

3rd in the league enters in the 3rd round of qualifying

4th in the league enters in the 2nd round of qualifying

But if United get third and win the Cup, they get the cup's place (obviously) and then the rest of the places go down one place in the league. So 5th place gets a place ahead of County in that scenario. County would only get the Cup place in the Europa if United go into the Champions League.

Am sorry to ruin your limelight but about 5 mins after Chick had been saying this to players Richard Gordon had corrected him and Chick admitted his mistake