FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

RiG - Lets All Laugh Now

RiG

No team has looked outstanding this season in division one - least of all ours. It's a sad indictment of Scottish football in general. Have we been great over this season - no. Latterly, have we been great at grinding out results? Yes. I've thought since 2009 we were going to win the league. The 1-1 game on the 26th of December confirmed to me my thinking. More recently, I watched Dundee draw with QoS draw 1-1. Dundee that night were poor and as a result of that I posted a thread entitled 'we've won it'. Not being big-headed, but after watching that game on telly, I didn't think that ICT looked any better than either of those sides (it was a great game to watch) but I felt we were and remain much better at grinding out results. The performances this season haven't excited me. Far from it. I remain concerned about next season. Not from where we will end up in the league, but what we will have to watch week in, week out. All of this 'I believe' and get behind butcher and 'let's make some noise' won't make any difference over the long haul. Things need to change.

No team has looked outstanding this season in division one - least of all ours. It's a sad indictment of Scottish football in general. Have we been great over this season - no. Latterly, have we been great at grinding out results? Yes. I've thought since 2009 we were going to win the league. The 1-1 game on the 26th of December confirmed to me my thinking. More recently, I watched Dundee draw with QoS draw 1-1. Dundee that night were poor and as a result of that I posted a thread entitled 'we've won it'. Not being big-headed, but after watching that game on telly, I didn't think that ICT looked any better than either of those sides (it was a great game to watch) but I felt we were and remain much better at grinding out results. The performances this season haven't excited me. Far from it. I remain concerned about next season. Not from where we will end up in the league, but what we will have to watch week in, week out. All of this 'I believe' and get behind butcher and 'let's make some noise' won't make any difference over the long haul. Things need to change.

You are one miserable git :icon_sailor: , If you can't be cheerful about being a caley Thistle fan today , I suppose you never will be .

If this squad keeps together I would expect some exciting times next season :director01:

:026: FFS

You are unbelievable m8. What the hell do you want and expect from your team? We have won the league on our own merit not because other teams are rubbish and have gifted it to us. At the start off the season it was widely recognised the first div was the hardest league to win. Well, we have just done that on the back off a fantastic unbeaten run off 19 games inc winning the last 7 on the trot.We are champions on merit and have nothing to fear from the s p l . I for one cant wait , bring it on.

I've long suspected TSNY as being something of a boo boy. When he signs "Let's all be negative!" I think he means it :026:

Anyway,

RiG :)

The ICT fans who were angry at the club "lying" to them about the "Bounce Back" campaign :021:

Edited by RiG

Save some pie for me, I didn't believe that this was possible after the first half of the season, :huh: but so happy that I was wrong.

In fairness I doubt you would have found many people who thought this would happen after the defeat to QotS in October!

RiG :lol:

Save some pie for me, I didn't believe that this was possible after the first half of the season, :huh: but so happy that I was wrong.

I'll have a small slice, I was never a Butcher booboy, but never ever thought that it would happen. The lack of spending at New Year did little to restore that faith. I did not believe until 4.45 yesterday.

Wheres Iain.

Whatever happened to the poll asking if Dundee were better than us???

I don't need any pie thanks, I'm just a happy clapper. From the first 2-2 draw with Dundee, the writing was on the wall, we outplayed them in their own backyard, we even outplayed them in the Alba Cup. It did look unlikely that we would make it to the top at one point due to our poor early season form and the players learning how to play as a unit. But from the 1-1 draw at Palmerston I thought we would top the league around the end of February, this took a little longer because of the weather, but it was worth the wait.

Enjoy it guys and girls, this is a notoriously difficult league to win, and to do it at the first time of asking is almost unheard of. It matters not a jot what any of us thought, it's what happened on the park that counts.

QUOTE (MabawswaRichie @ Dec 23 2009, 12:22 PM) post_snapback.gifThe league is already over as far as we are concerned. As I said on the Dunfermline match thread - we are 12 points (4 wins) behind Dundee. To catch them they will have to lose at least another 4 games this season. They won't.

Yes they will, they will prob drop more than enough points for us to win the league but then we would need to win nearly every game to do so and it's that part that is never going to happen. We will drop more points throughout the season and wont be close to to Dundee come the end I think

:P oops!!

Edited by Joe DiMaggio