FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

SFA tighten Scottish Cup expulsion rules

moraywanderer

Until one of the "bigger" teams screw up and they play the "genuine error" card and decide not to uphold the rule.

In most cases adequate rules already exist....it's just that those charged with enforcing them are totally inept.

Until one of the "bigger" teams screw up and they play the "genuine error" card and decide not to uphold the rule.

In most cases adequate rules already exist....it's just that those charged with enforcing them are totally inept.

Agree with CaleyD. Are you trying to tell me that if Celtic are found to have fielded a player who was on a suspension, that the powers-that-be would kick them out? And even if they did, the club would find some loophole or appeal the decision without too much resistance from the authorities.

It's all too easy when it's the Dumbarton's and the Montrose's that step even slightly out of line to come down on them like a ton of bricks, because there would not be such an uproar as there would be if either of the OF or even any of the other top SPL sides commited the same offence.

They may well claim to be equally fair to all teams that participate in the competition, but I can't help being sceptical of how long this will work for before someone decides to test it, and gets what they want.

I disagree. I think that up until now, the power of the bigger clubs might have led to them getting off more lightly. But this change removes the discretion (or favouratism) any panel would have, and can only result in more consistent treatment.

As long as the new rules state No grounds for appeal and that rules are rules and that everyone knows them before entering the competition then I think it's a step forward in the clarification stakes.

People moan that "if it happened to the bigger teams" Well the thing is it hardly ever seems to be the bigger teams that are at fault. More often than not it's the lower league teams. I don't want to stick up for the bigger teams but thats just how it seems to me.