FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

u19s at Lossiemouth tonight

bauhaus

Ant one know the score. Have a mate in Lossie who was going but he left his mobie at home.

1-nil to Lossie.........which, tbh is a darn good result for an U-19 team playing their first competitive match together against a highland league team (though no idea the mix of the lossie team between kids and first team members)

mate called. Stuart used to play for Lossie. Said was their first team. 1 nil to Lossie. Said he thought Proctor played too

If we give it a few days..maybe there will be something on the Lossie website.because it is more than unlikely that there will be anything on the ICT site........given I haven't seen any report on the Elgin game yet.

If it was their first team...then it was a good result, if you bear in mind that the majority of the U-19 team have only played within their own U-17 age group until today.

Edited by Oddquine

I was at the game.

Negatives: nervous first half, better in the second. It was obvious that they hadn't played together. Tended to bypass the midfield and most of the final third cross balls were "kick and hope". Max Johnson was in goals. I've got to say he looked very nervous. I'm hoping it was nerves because I wasn't impressed. definitely at fault for the goal. Came well out of his box and shouted for the ball just as the defender kicked it. Mis-kicked and left the goal ide open for Lossie. He misjudged quite a few cross balls (got under them). He wasn't worked that hard, and hopefully it was first game nerves.

Positives: the boys weren't scared to mix it. Some were perhaps more keen to get rid of the ball rather than look for the pass. A wee bit of a fitness issue for some, but the endeavour was good. I would say they potentially made more chances than Lossie but lacked that wee bit in front of goal. You could see that Kell and Doc were getting frustrated. Most of the Lossie players looked older, a feww dirty tricks, but the boys didn't seem fazed by this. Proctor played well. I thought the defence was the strong point, but they needed his steadying head.

I would like to think they will hold their own in the U19 League. But somehow I think it might be a long season for them, Go on boys - prove me wrong...please!

Having said all that, I enjoyed the game, beautiful evening, and a lovely fish supper!

• Agree 1