FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Matchday Thread: Kilmarnock -V- ICT

Scotty

Aye, it was a great day out. It was good to see Ian Coia amongst the ICT support. Penalty no doubt about it. It was a reckless challenge and he blocked both of Duncans legs. He has to put his arms out and make it look like a dive, what else can he do? If not he lands on his nose. Penalty and yellow card, absolutely correct.

We saw the game out much more comfortably than the video evidence portrays. A typical away performance by us and we did look threatening when we broke forward.

Great performances from the heart of defence where Rossco and Granty were superb. Russell Duncan another who shone. In fact, no failures at all really.

Well done guys and girls, take a bow.

Unfortunately for Killie, it's not chances that win games, it's goals. Rooneys poke at the goals was the best chance of the game, unfortunately Bell stopped it on the line. Sammon and Eremenko missed the target. No matter how hard you try, if the ball is not on target, then it won't go in.

Having been at the game, we were well worth the win. Killie did their bit, but we did what we had to do and did it well. I thought that once we weathered the mini storm, then we played out the game reasonably comfortably.

Back home in darkest Lancashire after a 4 day foray in Ayrshire. As a not as committed as some supporter, I'd say that Killie failed to get at least a point through bad luck and bad finishing. Some of their forwards wouldn't have scored yet. Their 18 looked a good player until he had sight of goal - then he shat himself. Jonny Hayes, though, showed fantastic confidence in taking his goal despite a poor display generally by him - but he never gave up and was always willing to take his man on. Foran showed he could read a game but never really got involved as he should. Rooney worked hard and the defence were sound apart from defending through balls.

A valuable 3 points but it's not often you win a game and drop a position!

Just got home. Went to Liverpool vs Blackburn on the Sunday.

Killie was an awesome away day. We had a good bunch down and the atmosphere was excellent. Killie had all the posession, looked quicker and had chances but we were tough defensively, even Eric was doing his bit in defence.

On viewing the highlights i would say the ref got both penalty calls right.

Yet again the youngsters played a pivotal part and i think the more they do the harder it will get for the likes of Cox and Gillet to get back into the side.

Duncan seemed to go down fairly easily, but a foul was committed. Not quite as ludicrous as Kirk Broadfoots aerial spectacle, but a bit disappointing none the less. A little bit of me dies when I see teammates congratulating the penalty gainer.

Hayes finish was great, he did a similar thing in the previous match, iirc. He could give Rooney lessons in beating the keeper.

Fab win though. I am just a bit worried tha we are attracting too much attention and will get a) decimated at the winter window, and b) start getting our players marked for a clobbering.

Till then though, up up and away!