FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Hibs Game - 11 November

maimie

this must be the first time for a long time that we have played a game on Saturday 11 November.  I know the KO isn't at 11am but

What do folk feel about having a minutes silence before the game in rememberance of all those who have been lost in past conflicts (and those in peacetime too)?  We need to keep remembering..

Personally I would be all in favour of it.  And i would not only be remembering them but all those close to me who are no longer with us..  Absent Friends...

would be surprised if the SPL didnt issue an edict about this in the first place.

It is often said that there are too many 'minutes of silence' but I dont think anyone can really argue against this one.

No... I just do not believe football matches provide the right kind of platform for marks of respect, no matter the circumstances....

Look at the problems that have arisen at OF games, or the games where a minute's silence was called for when the pope died....

Sadly, we live in an age where a minute's silence at a football match simply provides an opportunity for the few inadequates who are always present to make complete erses of themselves....

I have every sympathy with members of families, anywhere who have lost loved ones in any conflict, whether in recent or in times past....

Guest eriboll

Just hope we win as I will be giving my full support - if Aberdire are thinking they can get second in the league so can we. :022: