FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Statue

Yngwie

[error='For the avoidance of all doubt']Once again, a thread where the name Jock Stein is mentioned seems to give certain posters a sense of entitlement about trotting out the allegation - never proven - that he was aware of the actions of James Torbett. We have said this numerous times, and this will be the final time - If you want to post that, please be ready for the consequences. The consequence of posting this drivel WILL be a full and permanent ban from the site. We do not need this drivel posted, and we will not accept it. You have been warned.[/error]

• Agree 4
  • Disagree 2

Statue .... there can only be one ...... has to be an 'action shot' of IHE being chased by Feb8th in case he streaks onto the TCS pitch !

I wouldn't be erecting a statue to any particular individual. However, it's always bothered me that, as a club, we seem to shy away from everything pre-1994 so a pair of statues depicting the Eagle and the Thistle in recognition of the clubs roots and the work done by everyone to get us where we are would be most appropriate, IMO.

I think there is a reason the club shy away from everything pre-1994 and that is they don't want to inflame an already delicate and touchy subject

Erecting an eagle and a thistle outside the main stand would be in my opinion a detrimental move on the clubs part and would achieve nothing more than stirring up a hornets nest

dougal

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 3

Totally disagree with Dougal (but thats not exactly a first!). Like it or not the fact is and cannot be changed that our club was formed with a merger of two old and proud clubs.I agree with Caley D that it is a shame that this is not celebrated.

• Agree 2

Plenty pre-merger photos on show inside the stadium, i.e. celebrating the club's roots. It might have been a touchy subject in 1994 (myself included as one of the touchies) but only a handful of hard cases still actually care. The club is 17 years old so half the support weren't even born in 1993/4. Either one or two people have been pulling your pi55er Dougal, or you need to get out more.

Edited by TheMantis
  • Agree 1

Plenty pre-merger photos on show inside the stadium, i.e. celebrating the club's roots. It might have been a touchy subject in 1994 (myself included as one of the touchies) but only a handful of hard cases still actually care. The club is 17 years old so half the support weren't even born in 1993/4. Either one or two people have been pulling your pi55er Dougal, or you need to get out more.

That's not entirely true , I know loads of fans of Caley and Thistle that would never set foot in TCS .

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 4

Aye, granted, but how do you quantify loads, do you mean busloads or telephone box loads. I'm afraid I'm with Charlie Bannerman on this one.

One or two guys I used to stand with who are middle aged now, some of whom are still on banter terms and some who would cross the road if they saw you.

Not enough to put a significant dent in the attendance at TCS though IMO. I'm middle aged myself now and I wonder what I was getting het up about - it's only a game of fitba.

Totally disagree with Dougal (but thats not exactly a first!). Like it or not the fact is and cannot be changed that our club was formed with a merger of two old and proud clubs.I agree with Caley D that it is a shame that this is not celebrated.

Surely this is celebrated in the name of our team !

I think if we were to get a statue of Jock McDonald most people that know nothing about Caley would mistake it for a statue of Winston Churchill.

Jock MacDonald had nothing to do with Caley , I suggest you read the link below .

http://www.ictfc.co.uk/articles/20081217/jock-mcdonald-obe_2208825_1490901

Sorry i got lazy while posting, i meant Caley Thistle.

Pele for me (err, not the Brazilian one). Under Baltacha or some other been there/done it, lower SFL-happy manager, we could easily have become a Stirling Albion, continually rooting around the lower reaches. I think Steve did wonders on local players, cast-offs and inspired punts. On the field, Paterson changed us into something bigger and better than most of us had hoped.

Better still, Steve and Jock shaking hands. On and off the field, they gave birth to an ICT team with ambition.

• Agree 1

I think if we were to get a statue of Jock McDonald most people that know nothing about Caley would mistake it for a statue of Winston Churchill.

Jock MacDonald had nothing to do with Caley , I suggest you read the link below .

http://www.ictfc.co....2208825_1490901

You were right the first time, Caley is a nickname of Caley Thistle.

Edited by ICTPAISLEY

Yeah i know but DC seemed to think that by sayin Caley i meant Inverness Caledonian. Which was not the case anyhoo, getting off topic.

Yeah i know but DC seemed to think that by sayin Caley i meant Inverness Caledonian. Which was not the case anyhoo, getting off topic.

If people are going to argue about a name then perhaps it would be a good idea to start by getting the name of the merged teams right. They were Inverness Thistle FC and Caledonian FC.

• Agree 1