FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Statue

Yngwie

I wouldn't be erecting a statue to any particular individual. However, it's always bothered me that, as a club, we seem to shy away from everything pre-1994 so a pair of statues depicting the Eagle and the Thistle in recognition of the clubs roots and the work done by everyone to get us where we are would be most appropriate, IMO.

• Agree 5
  • Disagree 1

I wouldn't be erecting a statue to any particular individual. However, it's always bothered me that, as a club, we seem to shy away from everything pre-1994 so a pair of statues depicting the Eagle and the Thistle in recognition of the clubs roots and the work done by everyone to get us where we are would be most appropriate, IMO.

Like that idea.

Statues should only be erected to those whose contributions have been truly outstanding. Jock Stein was such a man, Erecting statues to the also rans undermines the tribute which the statues to the truly great atest to.

And dead

As for CD's suggestion.......boogger that......lets plant a thistle on the main entrance walkway and get a real eagle to perch on it. I'm sure the Birdman of Eastgate could find us one.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

I think if we were to get a statue of Jock McDonald most people that know nothing about Caley would mistake it for a statue of Winston Churchill.