FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

We're top of the league and we're no!

ICTPaisley

Just had another peek at the First Divison and if Dundee didn't have their 25 point deduction then they would be 8 points clear at the top of the table.

17 Points behind the league leaders Raith Rovers and 27 to play for. A little too much to ask to pull that back i think.

I'd like to see then do it, purely to demonstrate the folly of pouring cash you don't have into a team in the expectation that success will follow. They are playing far better now and I think a lot of SPL teams would struggle against them.

Personally I think the fairest outcome is that the points deduction is what stops them going up. It was intended to be a punishment, and it only really serves as that if it has a material impact on the outcome of their season.

I'd like to see then do it, purely to demonstrate the folly of pouring cash you don't have into a team in the expectation that success will follow. They are playing far better now and I think a lot of SPL teams would struggle against them.

I'd like to see them do it* to prove even more how farcical the whole situation has been.

Whilst I accept that they stripped back their squad a fair bit, the players they kept were amongst the highest earners and even during administration they were paying out more than the business could sustain. They've effectively continued to spend beyond their means to remain competitive and the points deduction, transfer embargo and administration has done nothing to stop it.

*(in reality, I actually want to see Pars promoted, always enjoyed the visits there)

I'm under no deelusions,had the whole financial debacle not occurred and the penalties imposed, no way would we have just celebrated a new club record 20 league match unbeaten run under the previous management team.I will be more than happy with mid table at the seasons end and having a team in the first division next season to build on.