FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Will he stay? Will he go

Alex MacLeod

Will he stay? Will he go?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Will Adam Rooney stay?

You're not a big enough fan of Scottish football to see the best players in Scotland stay in Scotland? I'd prefer to have a better league even if that meant a former employee was to go to a rival.

I understand your point of view but, would you feel the same if he scored the goal that saw us relegated?

How would you feel if he scored to keep Derby in 8th place?

I'm guessing pretty much zero.

I'd take the disappointment if Rooney, along with the likes of Nicholson, Cowie etc stayed and made this a better league. I'm not saying I blame then for making more money but I'd prefer to see a better Scottish league than just get the odd flash that someone who spent a couple of seasons here got an assist against Doncaster. Moving to Liverpool, Manchester United etc. would impress me but not the old 2nd Division.

i'm aware he will be out of contract very shortly will we be entitled to any compensation ?? or can he go for feck all meaning we not only lose our top scorer but also the ?60 000 we paid Stoke.

Lose the 60k? Adam has earned us more then 60k in the time he has been here so i wouldnt worry about that

• Agree 1

Typical closed season/transfer window article, and this is what I understand from it "we had a scout at the game and Rooney scored and we need a forward and the one we might be after might cost more than we thought he might so we might look to someone else who just might be Rooney who might want to move back to England...so he might"

Excluding penalties how many goals has Rooney scored this season.

answered my own question, I make it 10 league goals (excluding penalties) and only 1 goal against top 6 opposition which was about 9 months ago in the 4-0 win over united.

3 goals against the relegated club Hamilton

3 goals against 2nd bottom St Mirren

2 goals against 3rd bottom Hibs

1 goal against 4th bottom Aberdeen

and 1 against 4th place United

+ penalties

Not meant to be a put me down against Rooney, just it would make sense to sign for another season and then move on as a quality striker and being picked as first choice up front for a team, instead of signing a year too early.

And if theres any scouts reading this you could do a lot worse than signing a defender recently released who scored 2 against Celtic, 1 against Hearts and 1 v Aberdeen last season and thats a defender!! leave Rooney to us to see if we can bring him on a bit more next season.

Edited by 12th Man
  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1