FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Parkhead tomorrow...

maimie

Waving flags isn't sectarian.

Falkirk fans wave a T & T teatowel for Latapy.

It's what they sign that is the issue. I hope they do sing some sectarian mince and get hammered for it. Strange that my emails to UEFA and the SPL have gone unanswered on the times that certain songs have been very audible by Rangers/Celtic fans  :006:

I think your being a little naive RiG, the act of waving the flag itself may be ok, but we all know that a large portion of those waving the tricolor do it with the intent of stirring up some kind of controversy, just as those Rangers fans who choose to wave the Union Flag and the St George's Cross do.

Unfortunately these flags have been hijacked by and have become symbols for extremist elements, the same cannot be said for the T&T flag, and the two scenarios are a world apart.

I do agree that their is little that can be done about someone waving a flag though, and if society chose to ignore/deny the significance that has been attached to them and concentrated on dealing with the issues that can be clearly set apart as sectarian (songs and chants etc) then we may start to make inroads into the problems.

Not being naive at all and I know why most do it but the truth is there is little we can do about it otherwise waving a flag or banner will be banned at grounds.

The singing on the other hand though...

Not being naive at all and I know why most do it but the truth is there is little we can do about it otherwise waving a flag or banner will be banned at grounds.

The singing on the other hand though...

it's my understanding that waiving flags is banned at one SPL ground in Inverness :010: :010: