FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Takeovers

Harry Chibber

Last 2 seasons Man U and Chelsea, this season Aston Villa & West Ham and it seems likely that Liverpool and now Man City will be taken over by big investors.  And I'm not talking about kid on investors like Romanov who still hasn't really dipped his hands in his pocket despite making plenty of empty promises.  Surely the SPL must realise that we are missing out big time by having a crappy league format.  Man City aren't even a major club and 70 million might be getting invested..... 70 million  :010: can you imagine what an SPL club could do with that sort of money.  Scottish football is suffering badly and has done for quite some time because the decision makers are too cowardly to make the right decisions.. I'm getting sick and tired of watching the EPL get bigger and bigger while the SPL looks more and more like a pub league.

your thoughts?

The SPL and the Premiership are light years apart and to compare them nowadays is just impossible. Our peers really are the Dutch, Belgian, Swedish, Portugese leagues and I'd say we perform quite well compared against them.

As for takeovers/investments... A Premiership club increasingly seems to be the fashionable plaything of the ultra wealthy. A high profile opportunity to raise their own stock, make new contacts, an ultra expensive hospitality box if you like!! If I was a Chelsea/Man U/Liverpool etc fan at the moment I'd be more than a bit concerned about what the future holds once the Premiership is no longer fashionable. Remember how good the Serie A was a few years ago? The same decline will happen to the Premiership. It's just a lot easier (apparently!) to buy an English club then anywhere else in Europe...

'Man City aren't even a major club'

this list is a couple of years old but their annual income would suggest otherwise....  :023:

1 (1) Man Utd £171.5m

2 (4) Real Madrid £156.3m

3 (3) AC Milan £147.2m

4 (10) Chelsea £143.7m

5 (2) Juventus £142.4m

6 (7) Arsenal £115m

7 (13) Barcelona £110.1m

8 (6) Inter Milan £110.3m

9 (5) Bayern Munich £110.1m

10 (8 Liverpool £92.3m

11 (10) Newcastle £90.5m

12 (11) Roma £72m