FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

Happy Holidays

Naelifts

Well we finally stumble to the end of another season. Many have said it is the worst that they have experienced as a supporter and i wouldn't disagree. My attendances have been limited by various issues, but one was definately the product on the park. The lack of continuity and disjointed nature of the team did not sit well with the fans and no doubt was also difficult for those playing. Some of it was forced on the management but not all. The days when you knew the 11 and subs in your sleep are long gone. Only Rosscoe remains from that fabulous library of memories. Will the sap rise next August? Only time will tell. Highlight of the season for me ( in games that i actually attended) was Mr Hayes scoring a Maradona-esque goal having run round half of the Hibs team at Easter Road. Possibly the best goal that I have ever seen "live". Also being lucky enough to be in the vicinity of a poor chap who took really quite ill at Pittodrie and being able to lend a hand. Lizi I hope that all is well .

I know deep down that things will never again be as they were. The pilot light is still on but my passion for Caley and football in general will never be re-ignited to its former glory. Sad.........but perhaps inevitable. So guys.............enjoy the break and I will see some of you on the terraces from time to time next year for sure.

PS Have just put my name down for a puppy. Looks like he is going to be called Ross! It was going to be Rosscoe until a work colleague said...." Is that like....Ross County!!!"

• Agree 4

Naelifts, this club needs people like you.

You are right about the plight, no fight, just sh***. Still with the derbies back for next season anyway, I would like to think that we will have something to look forward to. It has been a turbulent season, and I agree entirely about some of it being self inflicted. However, times move on, and sooner or later we will be left with no links to the past. A bit of loclism would not go amiss, but is the talent there?

Good to see you a few weeks ago, catch up with you somewhere, but terraces? Do you mean in the first division, or are you watching non-league stuff now? Maybe Neil Young has terraces. You have had your break this season, get out there next season and let's get on with it. Remember, when we all signed on; it was for better, or for worse...................

Ah me old mucker - you really need a word in the ear from Dr Johndo !! I realise that what you have written is heartfelt and I can truly feel that sense of "despair" in words - in a "searching" sense. I have had a similar "experience" this season. I have struggled to put my finger on the reason/s for the "demise" and after a fair degree of reflection and self analysis I have come up with a wee "formulation" which I will share with you as I suspect that you may share some of the content.

Caley was a drug and ICT is the newer version. But it is a strange drug in the fact that it really has no consistent psychopharmacological action. It can be a stimulant, it can be a SSRI, it can be a beta blocker and yet it can also hit the reuptake inhibitor block and act as a depressant and even a major feckin tranquiliser. When you have a footballing bipolar illness you become dependent on the positive effects of the drug which consists of watching good performances, seeing the ball hit the back of the oppositions' net, results, points etc. This season has been "depressing" BUT like you have alluded to , my paramedic pal, the "review" of this season should consist of the "good memories" - albeit them few and far between. My serotonin levels rise again instantly when I recall the camaraderie on the pre season tour, the 6-3 whole day out at Killie and the Tade goal at Muversmell.

And then again our jobs (or yours now :wink: ) in the NHS are "depressing" and we yearn for that wee weekend serotonin injection. I miss the craic before and after the games, yet I have to blame my own apathy as much for missing out on that. And when there are family issues they have to simply come first and watching that feckin red score line and scorer against us pop up regularly on Sky Sports, accompanied by a feckin Jeff Stelling jape, my feckin heart sinks and I look at somebody or something to blame (by the way dont watch Sky Sports with the puppy at your feet !!) And we are getting older !!

The pilot light is like a dimmer switch - it just needs that wee touch to turn on the light/heat of enthusiasm again. But we need to look forward with a degree of optimism. Born Caley, Inverness Caledonian Thistle till we die :rasta:

Beware - Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years. We grow old by deserting our ideals. Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm wrinkles the soul. :drinking05:

In sickness and in health....

Aye its been a struggle with not many highlights, only the lucky few hundred who witnessed the Killie drama can be comforted slightly.

But hey, next season will be better.

My goodness IHE you have excelled yourself this time, you have actually got every word right and making sense too. Your seance with the Seer has done you a world of good. I suggest you continue with these spiritual meetings on a regular basis then perhaps you really will be able to give ICT the advice they will need to reach the top six next season. and maybe you will also get your predictions realised as well.

Take a rest now old man we dont weant you overdoing things in the close season.

P. S. there will not be a charge on this occasion but should I find you slipping back to your old ways I shall have to have a rethink !

:drinking05:

My goodness IHE you have excelled yourself this time, you have actually got every word right and making sense too. Your seance with the Seer has done you a world of good. I suggest you continue with these spiritual meetings on a regular basis then perhaps you really will be able to give ICT the advice they will need to reach the top six next season. and maybe you will also get your predictions realised as well.

P. S. there will not be a charge on this occasion but should I find you slipping back to your old ways I shall have to have a rethink !

Seance with the Seer............................IHE is the Seer. He is the MacKenzie......the Immortal One.....born on the shores of Glenfinnan.......a seventh son of a seventh son with a direct lineage to Coinneach Obhar MacKenzie born in Uig Lewis and domiciled at Brahan Castle on the Black Isle.

Seance with the Seer............................IHE is the Seer. He is the MacKenzie......the Immortal One.....born on the shores of Glenfinnan.......a seventh son of a seventh son with a direct lineage to Coinneach Obhar MacKenzie born in Uig Lewis and domiciled at Brahan Castle on the Black Isle.

And to think I thought he was from Sneck ! Mind you I was thinking about his great great Uncle the original Seer who lived in a cave under Loch Ness near Abriachan