FACEBOOK LOGIN ×

County Season Tickets

caleyboy

Charlie B on radio scotland announcing that RCFC may be suspending season ticket sales as they feel they have sold out! They are considering suspending sales because they want to keep 1000 seats for supporters who will not be regular enough to justify buying a season ticket. Maybe our decision makers should taken note!

Maybe it's disgruntled Caley Thistle fans not happy with the lack of stripes. :wink:

In all seriousness this doesn't surprise me. The capacity is 6,000 with 2,000 for away fans and 4,000 for home fans. This would indicate they have sold nearly 3,000 season tickets. Their fans come out of the woodwork when they are doing well - remember the 20,000 'supporters' at Hampden. The SPL is new to them, and it's an exciting new experience. They seem to have a lot of new supporters who only started going to games within the last year (and of course their Scottish Cup Final as well).

Maybe our decision makers should taken note!

And do what exactly? Make us languish in the lower leagues for 18 years so that there's a novelty factor season ticket surge on eventual promotion to the SPL?

• Agree 8

And do what exactly?

They are running a BUSINESS and in any business they need to have a product which encourages people to buy into it. They need to quickly find out WHY our support are not buying as many season tickets.

• Is it because we can't afford it?
  • Is it because we don't find the product value for money?
  • Are there any othe reasons?

There must be reasons why we are always struggling financially and I'm sorry that some of you may not like this but it is the BOARD's responsibility to keep this business viable or we cut our cloth even further and play at a level we can AFFORD.

I don't want to be negative but it is a well known fact that a very prominent businessman is willing to make a substantial investment in this company but why has he not done so? Maybe he has no intention to invest under our present guardianship. For whatever reason, our men in charge need to find out if he has genuine intentions, what conditions are attached, make any changes needed and then do their utmost to get the job done.

Edited by caleyboy

To be fair, your questions have already more or less been answered by CapitalCaley. County are probably the only club excited about the SPL because they've never been in it: we were the same in 2004.

The SPL is a failed product. I hope it goes soon.

If they have indeed sold 3000 season tickets that is a quite remarkable achievement considering Dingwall has a population of 5500

Ok there is the novelty factor like Mr Mantis correctly points out but there is something far wrong when a side from a small town can shift more season tickets than a city team with a population of 70,000+

As the season pans out it will be very interesting to compare what fans both highland clubs get through the turnstiles

Dougal

And do what exactly?

They are running a BUSINESS and in any business they need to have a product which encourages people to buy into it. They need to quickly find out WHY our support are not buying as many season tickets.

• Is it because we can't afford it?
  • Is it because we don't find the product value for money?
  • Are there any othe reasons?

There must be reasons why we are always struggling financially and I'm sorry that some of you may not like this but it is the BOARD's responsibility to keep this business viable or we cut our cloth even further and play at a level we can AFFORD.

I don't want to be negative but it is a well known fact that a very prominent businessman is willing to make a substantial investment in this company but why has he not done so? Maybe he has no intention to invest under our present guardianship. For whatever reason, our men in charge need to find out if he has genuine intentions, what conditions are attached, make any changes needed and then do their utmost to get the job done.

While it is the Board's responibilty to keep the Buisness viable, the football public of Inverness has to respond and to be honest, the majority don't. A lot of people have posted that because games/performance were poor last season they will not renew their season ticket. It then becomes a vicious circle with declining revenue meaning players of lesser quality and so on. A challenge to "supporters" then, if you want the club to succeed and can afford it, renew your season ticket and help the Directors/Board

• Agree 2

If they have indeed sold 3000 season tickets that is a quite remarkable achievement considering Dingwall has a population of 5500

Ok there is the novelty factor like Mr Mantis correctly points out but there is something far wrong when a side from a small town can shift more season tickets than a city team with a population of 70,000+

As the season pans out it will be very interesting to compare what fans both highland clubs get through the turnstiles

Dougal

The clue is in the name. It is Ross County and not Dynamo Dingwall. The club pulls support from a wide geographical area with some significant areas of population such as Alness and Invergordon. Having said that, if they have sold 3,000 I would agree they have done well despite the novelty of a once in lifetime opportunity.

• Agree 2

There's no way they, or any club, is going to hold 1000 seats for general admission when they have people wanting to purchase season tickets.

Good marketing ploy though....send out information that you might be about to pull the plug on Season Ticket sales due to demand and then sit back and watch as all those dithering or on the fence race to snap them up for fear they might lose out.

• Agree 3

There's no way they, or any club, is going to hold 1000 seats for general admission when they have people wanting to purchase season tickets.

Good marketing ploy though....send out information that you might be about to pull the plug on Season Ticket sales due to demand and then sit back and watch as all those dithering or on the fence race to snap them up for fear they might lose out.

Mr Macgregor and his crew are not as daft as you think!

• Agree 1

Folks... I'm not going to say much since I prefer not to comment here on running stories, but I think I should clarify this.

Ross County's policy is not to reveal how many season tickets they've sold but they do confirm that so far this season it's double last season.

What they did give me was a figure of 3000 which, as I said in my report, is the number of STs sold + seat debentures held + expected uptake for corporate hospitality, which in County's case has been historically large. So one way or another all but 1000 of the 4000 in the home end are already spoken for.

They want to retain a fair number for what they know is quite a large occasional support - a consequence of their fan base being so geographically dispersed - but are also quite up front in saying that selling single tickets takes in more cash than discounted STs.

What they said yesterday (Tue) was that they may have to call a halt on ST sales by the end of this month. This has now been slightly refined to a guarantee that they will continue to sell STs "at least until July 27th".

Edited by Charles Bannerman

So Charles gives us a figure of 3000. Dont know the number of debentures or the number of hospitality seats included in that but lets say 500. They've basically sold 2500 season tickets in their first season in SPL. Less than we did in ours which if memory serves correct was a bit over 3000 and that was while having to travel to Aberdeen. I'd also be willing to bet that County have kept back seats in an area that will allow them to sell more than the allocated 2000 away tickets for the bigger games.

All in all a few on here have tried to lower their own club by comparrisons with our neighbours. All I can say on that is, regardless of size of town, they are them and we are us. Personally I wouldnt give a feck if they had regular gates of 50000 so long as we can beat them every game. Oneupmanship is not a word I tend to use.

• Agree 4

I totally agree with you Alex (unusual but there is always a first time :lol: ) we as supporters need to realise that without us dipping in and supporting the team financially, there is no club - certainly not at this level. However, what I am trying to get accross is the fact that people will no longer spend money unless they see value and I really feel the stuff we are getting at the moment is nowhere near good value. Football needs to be exciting and has to give us a buzz - like sitting on hot bricks for the season to start - I'm sitting on hot bricks because my bum is twitching worrying what will be served up this year and will the travellers be putting it over us! Our directors MUST have ambition to make us a better CLUB - not just a TEAM (i still believe we are a long way off being a PL CLUB) and attract INVESTORS to help us achieve our goals. The directors need to do this quickly or we will hear the same story year after year.

There's no way they, or any club, is going to hold 1000 seats for general admission when they have people wanting to purchase season tickets

Mr Macgregor and his crew are not as daft as you think!

or as daft they look o_O

Edited by ferben94

Fer fecks sake - County sell season tickets by the number of feckin eyes of the purchaser. It is like a dream come true fer the gypsies and the opportunity of a lifetime in case it doesnt happen ever again. And actually good luck to them but they will soon get disillusioned and it will not feckin last - even if they stay up. Some will put their life savings on this as I am sure that we also did. BUT just look how their management have fared this season in comparison with our bunch of feckin muppets !!

All this thread proves is that Charlie Bannerman and Dougal are budding feckin gudgies and gudding feckin budgies.

• Agree 3