Most valuable player to play at TCS

Yngwie

The subject of this thread asks who was the most valuable player to play at TCS. My contribution was Barry F who was valued at 7.5 million at one point in his career and he played at TCS. In fact he's even scored at TCS. Seems a sensible enough point to me.

The subject of the thread is who was the most valuable player to play at TCS so why mention someone who was valued at far less than players that had already been mentioned ? Seems a stupid point to me ,

Edited by DALNEIGHCALEY

• 2 weeks later...

I see some of the U16 European Championship which was held in Scotland, had matches played in Inverness (presumably at the Caley Stadium and some were also played in Dingwall), so potentially some major players might have been in those squads, as well as some of the other minor internationals played here over the years.

Could this not be the same competition where a young Thierry Henry played at Victoria Park?

Edited by Renegade

At the 1998 U16 Euros we hosted games involving Portugal, Russia, Ukraine and Israel. Can't find team line-ups anywhere, but alas this was too early for Cristiano Ronaldo.

The tournament was won by Ireland, including St Mirren's Jim Goodwin. So the standard can't have been great.